BF3 for Free

IceArrow98

I'm a few days late to the party, but this really needs the KJ touch.

You realize that by using InJustice as an example you answered you're own question right?

InJustice just came out, so how would giving it away for free help boost sales? I feel like theres a reason why it isn't doing well, don't you? Maybe because you could always go to you're nearest Bestbuy or Gamestop and buy MK VS DC for 5-10 USD since their pretty much the same game. Where it stands though Plus pays for its self like 15 times over. You could make up the like 15 or 50 bucks or whatever in the first month of purchasing it. OR you could always go out and buy that full retail price tag like InJustice for 65. 

This isn't a targeted post or anything, Just wanted to throw it out there that theres no reason to not shop smart is all. I personally have been wanted to go back and clean up some games on my list whether its Saints Row 3 [Which i'm pretty sure is still like 20-25 USD] And Dues Ex: Gibberish Gibberish [Which i think is listed around the same price] So bam, 60 bucks spent on plus. Just made 40 of it back with in the first month. Not to mention the fact that i just downloaded XCom [Not sure how much that cost, Most likely high 40s or low 50s] 

It would help boost sales because Sony would pay them to give it for free on plus, and since they are not doing well, they would agree to the offer.  And Mortal kombat v dc universe is really bad, and the graphics are outdated, so I would like injustice instead because of the characters and the graphics.  And that is all fine and good about saints row and dues ex and xcom, but like I said, I already played saints row 3 a year before it became free, and I have no interest in dues ex or xcom, but I understand where you are getting at.

Edited by drummerklg

The only issue i have with this is due to the price of the DLC.

Even getting the game free on PS+, to purchase the season pass with all DLC is £40 in the UK, whereas the premium retail copy is only £35 so i gain no benefit from the free PS+ version!

I will however say that PS+ is awesome and I made my £40 for the year back inside 2 months easily and wasn't forced into playing rubbish i didn't want to play to make it worthwhile!!

Maybe so, I have waited for games to lower in price, but take Sleeping Dogs for example, I started playing it in September because I wanted to, while a lot of people just got it last month, that is a 7 month wait that I couldn't have done, lets say I could wait for a game, how do I know if it will even be free on plus?  Or when it will be free? You know what I'm saying?

The EU PS Plus got Sleeping Dogs in February.

I know.

I do understand what you are getting at, And like you i Scrubbed out and got SR3 plat on launch which is why i needed it again in the first place. But if i personally do think you have a point as to get better games. For example. US got Vanquish and Demon's Soul's. Now if you know anything about me at all. It is that both of these titles are tied for my Favorite game of all time. But the fact that you could get both of these for 5-15 is insane. It is a plus that most of the games + throws towards the US is chock full of DLC so that does suck. but I happen to know plenty of generous people willing to rent/lend/sell their DLC cheap or hell just give it away. But that is something else that could do for a change. But all in all i personally feel that + is indeed worth the money. 

I do understand what you are getting at, And like you i Scrubbed out and got SR3 plat on launch which is why i needed it again in the first place. But if i personally do think you have a point as to get better games. For example. US got Vanquish and Demon's Soul's. Now if you know anything about me at all. It is that both of these titles are tied for my Favorite game of all time. But the fact that you could get both of these for 5-15 is insane. It is a plus that most of the games + throws towards the US is chock full of DLC so that does suck. but I happen to know plenty of generous people willing to rent/lend/sell their DLC cheap or hell just give it away. But that is something else that could do for a change. But all in all i personally feel that + is indeed worth the money. 

Yeah, it's getting to the point where I think it's going to start being worth it to me personally, it only makes sense that if everybody gets plus when the ps4 comes around, we will get more expensive/better games.

Edited by drummerklg

This is update for Europe.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/playstation-plus-your-july-update/

Leaving PS Plus in July:

3rd July: Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning

3rd July: Lord of the Rings War in the North

3rd July: The Cave

3rd July: Rayman Origins

3rd July: Coconut Dodge

Entering PS Plus in July:

3rd July: Battlefield 3

3rd July: Payday: The Heist

3rd July: Saints Row the Third

3rd July: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

3rd July: Unit 13

I probably will get only Saints Row since already have Battlefield for pc and not really a big fan besides is probably going to be just single player because EA and the rest are pretty meh imo.