How do you feel about trophies that require online play?

ItsXaphanex

I hate online trophies. They are either too grinding or too hard. I did F13 and that was a huge grind. I did Star Wars Battlefront and that was really difficult. Now I have to grind 400 medals in Code Vein lol. I am already more than half way there but still. I dont like online trophies. Or maybe not online in general. 

On 10/6/2022 at 1:20 PM, TomataEighty9 said:

No one is entitled to a platinum. If you want said platinum, you have to EARN it, by doing the tasks they ask you. If you don't like the tasks, and can't/won't do them, then it's fine, but you don't get the platinum. 

Complaining about trophy requirements, and that you should be able to get a platinum, without wanting to do what they require (whether it's because you lack the skills or time, or something else), is like saying that people without legs, should be able to get a medal for running a marathon, even though they didn't :) 

Not everyone can platinum all games, just like not everyone can run a marathon. So either train/work at your skills, or accept that some trophies (both on playstation and in real life), are not for you to obtain :) 

I wish more people could accept this.  Like you said, you have to be prepared to put in the effort if you want something.

Want to get a promotion at work?  Do whatever is necessary for them to consider you for it.  Want to get approval for a mortgage so you can buy a house?  Then show them that you can save money and be able to consistently make the payments.

You won't get a promotion if you don't work for it.  You won't get a mortgage if you don't save for it.  So why should you get a platinum if you're not prepared to do what you need to do for that?

Well, I can't just re-open a dead server, no matter how much I want it. That is my main issue with onlien trophies - they almost all became unattainable eventually, and through no fault of your own. I'm somebody who doesn't care how old a game is, thus I often end up playing ten year old games. E.g. I recently saw Metal Gear Solid V is not possible to plat anymore, a game I will defiitely play at some point.

Just dodged the bullet with The Last of Us (PS3), a game I argue did not need any multiplayer, no matter how good it allegedly is - the multiplayer in that game should just have been a separate game altogether. I had started it but got no trophies yet, so I stopped and will eventually pick up Part I specifically because that remaster comes without any multiplayer.