PS4 Profile Games/Activity disappeared

Mayadome

I checked my games/activity tab on my profile on PS4 and more than 6 months of games have disappeared. It says the last game I played was back in August and I've played tonnes of games since then. Anyone had this issue and know if there's a way to fix it? Not a huge deal as it hasn't affected my trophies but I figured I'd ask. Seems like a strange bug.

It happens to random people every once in awhile but 6months is quite a big time frame. Did you just only check it recently after 6months or just noticed it now? I know theres been new privacy options sometimes that come with patches, and they may reset your choices to set to all private only until you redo it. Just curious if you change or did anything different recently.

9 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

It happens to random people every once in awhile but 6months is quite a big time frame. Did you just only check it recently after 6months or just noticed it now? I know theres been new privacy options sometimes that come with patches, and they may reset your choices to set to all private only until you redo it. Just curious if you change or did anything different recently.

I check it pretty regularly. I'd say the last time it was showing all my games was around a week ago. I haven't changed any settings either. Maybe it was the 6.50 patch? Only thing I could think of. I'll try resetting my privacy options and rebuilding the database. Will report back if it fixes it in case anyone else is having this issue.

I tried resetting/changing my privacy and hidden games settings as well as rebuilding the database and it hasn't solved the problem. The games do appear under the "hidden games" option, as in you can select to hide them, but they don't show up in the games tab regardless. Ah welp, maybe it'll fix itself eventually.

• 2 months later...

I think this just happened to me. 6 games that I've played between January and April just disappeared from my PSN profile page, even the overall number of games played has gone down. Nothing is checked in hidden games. I managed to re-add most of them by starting them up, but for some reason it won't work for Devil May Cry 5. I'm so confused.

Just an update. I found no proper solution to the problem. I even bought a new PS4 and restored a backup of my old PS4 and it didn't fix it (not specifically to fix the missing games, my PS4 died unfortunately). I'm guessing it gets wiped from the servers on Sony's end or something like that. The only way to "fix" it is to play all the games that are missing so they get added back.

On 26/05/2019 at 2:37 AM, alexsr161 said:

Happened to me recently as well, though in my case I've "lost" 8 months of games between August 2018 and April 2019 (a total of 20 games).

Nice one, Sony...

That's interesting because I lost all games since August 2018 too. Did you do a firmware update on your PS4 in April?

Edited by Mayadome

I dont think Sony wipes them but more of a glitch or bug on Sony's end cause I still have every single game..501 of them, and some I havent touch played in years but is still there.

• 1 month later...
On 30/05/2019 at 2:05 AM, Mayadome said:

Just an update. I found no proper solution to the problem. I even bought a new PS4 and restored a backup of my old PS4 and it didn't fix it (not specifically to fix the missing games, my PS4 died unfortunately). I'm guessing it gets wiped from the servers on Sony's end or something like that. The only way to "fix" it is to play all the games that are missing so they get added back.

That's interesting because I lost all games since August 2018 too. Did you do a firmware update on your PS4 in April?

I don't remember tbh, I might have but I'm not sure.

Btw I don't even think replaying the "lost" games is working for me. One of the games that disappeared from my profile was Gran Turismo Sport, and even after replaying that game after the glitch it didn't show up again.

22 hours ago, alexsr161 said:

Btw I don't even think replaying the "lost" games is working for me. One of the games that disappeared from my profile was Gran Turismo Sport, and even after replaying that game after the glitch it didn't show up again.

For whatever reason that method doesn't work with certain games. Devil May Cry 5 is one of the games that disappeared from my profile and it won't come back no matter how many times I try.

• 1 year later...