Skylanders Games

There are three things you need to play every (console) Skylanders game: the game disc, a Portal of Power, and one or more Skylanders figures. Most of the games have a starter set that comes with these things, and some of those things can be used for multiple games in the series. I'm not sure about Portals, but most figures can be used in every game that came after their introduction. For example, Drobot was introduced in the very first Skylanders game (Spyro's Adventure), so a Series 1 Drobot can be used in every game in the series. Other Skylanders were introduced later on, but cannot be used in earlier games. You should check out the Skylanders website for more information about each one, because some Skylanders have different versions, and it's not always clear which ones are compatible with which games.

It gets complicated because the later games started introducing new gimmicks, like vehicles or traps or swappable body parts.

If you really want to complete the whole series (i.e. platinum all six games), you're probably going to want at least 15-20 figures. It's possible to do it with only the starter sets, but Swap Force and Trap Team have some brutal boss fights. I'd recommend going to Amazon or eBay and buying either the cheapest ones you can find or group sets. Not a bad idea to try to get at least one of every element, but it's not necessary.

3 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

There are three things you need to play every (console) Skylanders game: the game disc, a Portal of Power, and one or more Skylanders figures. Most of the games have a starter set that comes with these things, and some of those things can be used for multiple games in the series. I'm not sure about Portals, but most figures can be used in every game that came after their introduction. For example, Drobot was introduced in the very first Skylanders game (Spyro's Adventure), so a Series 1 Drobot can be used in every game in the series. Other Skylanders were introduced later on, but cannot be used in earlier games. You should check out the Skylanders website for more information about each one, because some Skylanders have different versions, and it's not always clear which ones are compatible with which games.

It gets complicated because the later games started introducing new gimmicks, like vehicles or traps or swappable body parts.

If you really want to complete the whole series (i.e. platinum all six games), you're probably going to want at least 15-20 figures. It's possible to do it with only the starter sets, but Swap Force and Trap Team have some brutal boss fights. I'd recommend going to Amazon or eBay and buying either the cheapest ones you can find or group sets. Not a bad idea to try to get at least one of every element, but it's not necessary.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I want to open platinum.

And I want to get the characters to help the platinum.

Are you familiar with the characters required for the games?

For example, as X character is required in X game.

Just now, DarkLordSHTR said:

Are you familiar with the characters required for the games?

For example, as X character is required in X game.

To my knowledge, you can platinum every game with any Skylander or group of Skylanders you want (as long as they're compatible with that game). That said, there is a trophy in Spyro's Adventure that requires Gill Grunt, so you'd at least need him. He comes with the starter set.

The reason I mentioned the element thing is that there are some areas in each game that only Skylanders of a certain element can enter. These areas aren't necessary for trophies, but they might contain treasure or items to make the game easier. So, I recommend having at least one water Skylander, one fire, one undead, etc.

And, while he's not required, I always like to recommend Drobot. He's compatible with every game, looks the coolest, and has the best attack as far as I'm concerned (long range lasers that don't force you to mash any buttons). I've never used Rattle Shake or Terrafin, but I hear they're really good for certain trophies too.

some helpful information, i was able to complete the 1st game but having a few extra figures will help (i count them as lives). you only have 3 lives otherwise since it's the starter set.

if you follow through the series you'll do fine up till trap team. trap team is kinda hard unless you have a kaos trap figure or extra skylander figures (this can be expensive). keep following the series and the next roadblock will be the superchargers set (need either one of the race packs (sky trophy) set is best and a water vehicle figure (this helps gain some of the feats) or else some of the feats may be harder to complete with what you have available. rest of the set is good to go.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

To my knowledge, you can platinum every game with any Skylander or group of Skylanders you want (as long as they're compatible with that game). That said, there is a trophy in Spyro's Adventure that requires Gill Grunt, so you'd at least need him. He comes with the starter set.

The reason I mentioned the element thing is that there are some areas in each game that only Skylanders of a certain element can enter. These areas aren't necessary for trophies, but they might contain treasure or items to make the game easier. So, I recommend having at least one water Skylander, one fire, one undead, etc.

And, while he's not required, I always like to recommend Drobot. He's compatible with every game, looks the coolest, and has the best attack as far as I'm concerned (long range lasers that don't force you to mash any buttons). I've never used Rattle Shake or Terrafin, but I hear they're really good for certain trophies too.

5 hours ago, kingdrake2 said:

some helpful information, i was able to complete the 1st game but having a few extra figures will help (i count them as lives). you only have 3 lives otherwise since it's the starter set.

if you follow through the series you'll do fine up till trap team. trap team is kinda hard unless you have a kaos trap figure or extra skylander figures (this can be expensive). keep following the series and the next roadblock will be the superchargers set (need either one of the race packs (sky trophy) set is best and a water vehicle figure (this helps gain some of the feats) or else some of the feats may be harder to complete with what you have available. rest of the set is good to go.

I'il do some research before I buy.
So I will ask you a few more detailed questions soon.
I hope you answer.

Except this.

Are Disney Infinity games the same?

disney infinity games follow the same formula. can get all the trophy's for it. just the plat is unobtainable for each of em when they shuttered the servers.

1st game can get all but 3. 2nd game is 4 and 3rd game is 3

adding extra characters to the portals unlocks play-sets for that particular character. 

edit: might be able to get the vita platinum for 2.0 since i don't think any online is tied to them. 

edit: pricing might be a bit high. 3rd set isn't as expensive as the others, actually i might have to fit getting those sets. the vita one is reasonable.

Edited by kingdrake2