WWE 2K14 Trailer Revealed

BigPete7978

I still play the games but I'm hoping that's not the final look. It's mid 2013 and the graphics for WWE are going cartoony. SvR 2007 had better graphics -- come on!

I also think that it has to do that 2K Sports had maybe 4-5 months to work on this game, so there was only so much they could do. Next year with the PS4 it should be interesting to see what they bring to the table with WWE 2K15. But I am getting 2K14 regardless. 

I

I also think that it has to do that 2K Sports had maybe 4-5 months to work on this game, so there was only so much they could do. Next year with the PS4 it should be interesting to see what they bring to the table with WWE 2K15. But I am getting 2K14 regardless. 

True. I'll end up getting it because i enjoy playing the games. Hopefully they've got a better Universe mode or bring back GM MODE!

• Like 1

My question is those that want GM Mode in WWE 2K14, how would you like to see it implemented? Would you want to change anything from the previous installments in the other titles in the series? I have never really played the GM Mode in the WWE titles honestly, so I don't know much about it. 

Those Graphics are far too cartoonish for a "realistic" wrestling game

That's because Yuke's made this one. 2K Sports had maybe 4-5 months to work on the game. I think 2K15 will be amazing on PS4. Regardless though I am getting it day one. Graphics aren't everything, if the gameplay is good then I will be happy with WWE 2K14.

Yay! ^_^ I'm not the only who likes GM Mode :highfive:

I loved GM mode except for some VERY glaring problems.

1. I booked my shows as if I was really booking them. Which meant I would build up feuds and keep track of titles so that I could have revenge matches later etc. So I would be building up a feud for several months and then when I was finally going to have my blowoff match in a Hell in a Cell the computer let the wrong person win and my whole planning was for naught. It would be way better if we could pick the winners and pick if people would interfere, script promos and basically make it as if you are actually playing a booker.

2. It would be Raw vs Smackdown and you would compete for ratings. So on my show I would build feuds, make smart title matches etc. On Smackdown, whenever I would be winning in the ratings, all of a sudden there would be a Hell in a Cell match, last man standing match, first blood match and all the titles on the line. Also since it was the computer none of the wrestlers got hurt so they could run the same stipulations again the following week. So if they brought back GM mode they would have to make it way more fair in the booking process.

• Like 1

Just missing All Stars.

430162_604242559610490_1655636189_n.jpg

This one is still my favorite wrestling game to date

220px-WWESmackDownHereComesThePain.jpg

I loved GM mode except for some VERY glaring problems.

1. I booked my shows as if I was really booking them. Which meant I would build up feuds and keep track of titles so that I could have revenge matches later etc. So I would be building up a feud for several months and then when I was finally going to have my blowoff match in a Hell in a Cell the computer let the wrong person win and my whole planning was for naught. It would be way better if we could pick the winners and pick if people would interfere, script promos and basically make it as if you are actually playing a booker.

2. It would be Raw vs Smackdown and you would compete for ratings. So on my show I would build feuds, make smart title matches etc. On Smackdown, whenever I would be winning in the ratings, all of a sudden there would be a Hell in a Cell match, last man standing match, first blood match and all the titles on the line. Also since it was the computer none of the wrestlers got hurt so they could run the same stipulations again the following week. So if they brought back GM mode they would have to make it way more fair in the booking process.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have an online GM mode though? I have been wanting an online Universe mode forever like they do with EA Sports Madden (Online Franchise). GM Mode could work too I think.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have an online GM mode though? I have been wanting an online Universe mode forever like they do with EA Sports Madden (Online Franchise). GM Mode could work too I think.

What I think could work is if they randomly assigned you superstars and then you competed with other people to put on better shows (so it would be as if we all had different companies) or if it paired us up against someone else (either randomly or selected) and we compete against each other just like Smackdown vs Raw.

I would definitely get the game if that was in it.

• Like 1

Here Comes The Pain was awesome B)

An Online GM Mode would be awesome, competing against other players for that precious GM Award ^_^.................. I'd probably win B)

• Like 1

What I think could work is if they randomly assigned you superstars and then you competed with other people to put on better shows (so it would be as if we all had different companies) or if it paired us up against someone else (either randomly or selected) and we compete against each other just like Smackdown vs Raw.

I would definitely get the game if that was in it.

Or bring in different companies. They own the rights to WCW, ECW, etc. Let you run a show online. That would be amazing if they put that in. Or let you create your own show, which you were already able to do within WWE 13. Then allow constant random wrestlers to come up, and you have to figure out which ones are worth the time and effort to give a chance on your show. Then have a draft at the beginning of the online mode. The possibilities are endless!!!

Or bring in different companies. They own the rights to WCW, ECW, etc. Let you run a show online. That would be amazing if they put that in. Or let you create your own show, which you were already able to do within WWE 13. Then allow constant random wrestlers to come up, and you have to figure out which ones are worth the time and effort to give a chance on your show. Then have a draft at the beginning of the online mode. The possibilities are endless!!!

Holy crap that would be great. Being able to build up a company from ground up would be so much fun.

Holy crap that would be great. Being able to build up a company from ground up would be so much fun.

They could even implement it the way EA Sports did this year with Connected Careers. People that are in your "online group" could choose to be a GM or a wrestler, up to them really. Just like in Madden you could be a coach for a team or an individual player. 

They could even implement it the way EA Sports did this year with Connected Careers. People that are in your "online group" could choose to be a GM or a wrestler, up to them really. Just like in Madden you could be a coach for a team or an individual player. 

See why don't more developers actually ask their fans what they want. I know you can't put everything in but if I was working on a game, or better yet taking over a franchise, I would be going on every forum board I could seeing what people wanted and asking what people wanted to see.

This is 2K's first attempt to make a new spin on an established franchise. They can either tow the line, sink the franchise or make it better than anyone can remember. Personally I would go with the latter.

• Like 1

See why don't more developers actually ask their fans what they want. I know you can't put everything in but if I was working on a game, or better yet taking over a franchise, I would be going on every forum board I could seeing what people wanted and asking what people wanted to see.

This is 2K's first attempt to make a new spin on an established franchise. They can either tow the line, sink the franchise or make it better than anyone can remember. Personally I would go with the latter.

I'd be perfectly content if they brought back GM Mode, only.  :lol:  :lol:

I think this year's entry will be a lot more like WWE 13, but next year is where we will see a lot more of the changes. It would be awesome for them to put in GM Mode and a similar My Player mode like in NBA 2K games. Allowing you to answer questions in the ring, choose who to attack in matches on the game, which titles to go for, go from being a face to a heel, etc. That would be awesome for WWE 2K15 IMO.