5 OUYA Launch Games You NEED to Play! (VideoGamer.com)

xVolloxx

5 OUYA Launch Games You NEED to Play! (VideoGamer.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObSuh9qc6aA

EDIT : Video has been removed for being misleading , VideoGamer are disputing this now .

New Video : https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/7357-our-ouya-video-got-taken-down-here-is-our-replacement-videogamercom/

Edited by TheBolloxx
  • Like 1

Ok that was pretty funny.

A question to anyone that has got one though, "what is the point of the thing?"

I mean can't you already get all those games on your laptop? and if so can't you hook your laptop up to your TV with a HDMI cable? And finally can't you use an X360 controller on your laptop so you have a controller to play with?

Why would I spend 100$ to buy a game console when I can spend a little more and get a tablet or laptop?

• Like 1

It's an fad, an poorly thought out fad at that. Just get an PC with the right requirements to hook your console to it or hook your PC to your TV to play those games that the Ouya has to offer.  Still I can see it sell to the casuals who can't afford the big three or an PC. Trust me something comes out better the more hardcore gamers will skip this and some of the casuals will flock to the system that's popular at the moment. 

I mean can't you already get all those games on your laptop? and if so can't you hook your laptop up to your TV with a HDMI cable? And finally can't you use an X360 controller on your laptop so you have a controller to play with?

Why would I spend 100$ to buy a game console when I can spend a little more and get a tablet or laptop?

I've got one purely to access an Android open-source OS and the software library. I don't like Android phones (I'm a Mac user so iPad and iPhone cross-platform apps makes more sense for me), so this was a cheap alternative. I'm aware that it's little more than a tinker toy, but felt it was worth backing to open another avenue for the indie development scene.

Mine will ultimately see use as little more than a media player, similar in application and purpose to an Apple TV. OUYA, in their infinite wisdom and without letting their early backers on Kickstarter know prior to purchase, opted for a custom online shop instead of Google Play's mega-store. That alone makes the console next to worthless...until the hackers release a CFW to open access to Google Play, which is more than likely down the track.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

I heard it serves as a game console and a hacking device which is pretty cool for the price they are asking for. What I don't get is people saying this could kill nintendo and the others.

Edited by shutyourmcface