Item Checklist

I have done a little research (I will admit not incredibly in-depth), but I have not found an item checklist for this game.  I was wondering if someone knew where one was, or had one that I could access.  I know that there is a guide in process for this game, so maybe there is already a list in the process of being made?

So far I have really been enjoying the game, but I am not a fan of games that have trophies like "pick up one of every type of collar" without having an in game list to show what you have and ???? to show missing items.

Same, I have missed a (or more) Talon and I had no idea which one is it. AFAIK, no complete list atm but you can try to check the WiiU item list in gamefaqs. There are some changes with the names but most of the equipments are the same, IIRC there are some post in the Trophy Thoughts thread for some differences/changes.

Also, as a tip, you only need to pick it up at least once to count - you don't need to keep it in your inventory when you leave the dungeon and picking it up in the Subquests dungeons count as well.

10 hours ago, JaM said:

Same, I have missed a (or more) Talon and I had no idea which one is it. AFAIK, no complete list atm but you can try to check the WiiU item list in gamefaqs. There are some changes with the names but most of the equipments are the same, IIRC there are some post in the Trophy Thoughts thread for some differences/changes.

Also, as a tip, you only need to pick it up at least once to count - you don't need to keep it in your inventory when you leave the dungeon and picking it up in the Subquests dungeons count as well.

Thank you for the tip, but I would like to clarify something.  I believe I read that not only do you need to pick it up, but it must be identified while in your inventory for it to count.  just picking up a purple item doesn't count.  Would that be right?

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

Thank you for the tip, but I would like to clarify something.  I believe I read that not only do you need to pick it up, but it must be identified while in your inventory for it to count.  just picking up a purple item doesn't count.  Would that be right?

Hmmmm... I am not so sure, but I think just to be sure, you need to identify the Greens, Potions and Collar to count. I was not able to test because I was wearing an Appraiser' Collar when I got the trophy for getting all collars.

For the Talon's though, I got the trophy while I was in a Mirror of Training so the last Talon I got is Purple'd.

Also, I am not sure if Key Items counts as "Items". I got the All Item trophy without receiving the Letter from Mog for Maxing Alpha and Letter from Everyone.

6 minutes ago, JaM said:

Hmmmm... I am not so sure, but I think just to be sure, you need to identify the Greens, Potions and Collar to count. I was not able to test because I was wearing an Appraiser' Collar when I got the trophy for getting all collars.

For the Talon's though, I got the trophy while I was in a Mirror of Training so the last Talon I got is Purple'd.

Also, I am not sure if Key Items counts as "Items". I got the All Item trophy without receiving the Letter from Mog for Maxing Alpha and Letter from Everyone.

That is all good information.  I am usually exploring with the Scholar for now, so I end up identifying everything anyway, so that isn't an issue just yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JaM said:

Have fun, I am guessing you are pkaying with Mrs. Bee? xD

IMHO Scholar is the best job in terms of exploring dungeons.

She joins in when she is around and has a chance.  She likes running around as the cute characters.

Thanks for the advice.  Last night I got just over halfway down the insatiable hunger dungeon (scarecrow memory) before real life called me away.  I read that beating that unlocks the infinite dungeon, and there is excellent gear rather early on there, so I was trying to get it as Alexander's room wide explosion special dealt more damage than I have total health lol.

• 1 month later...

Maybe somone already mentionned it but it's possible to get the Omega Saddle and the Shinryû Claw in the Great Dragon King dungeon.

You can't take them back with you after clearing the dungeon so it won't help for the +99 trophy but if you're just trying to complete the saddle and claw list, it can help.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where to get the Iron Talon and Saddle? I’m pretty sure that’s the only ones I haven’t got, but the Wii guide says Guardian of water and I’ve already searched there :-/

Edit: Found em. I must’ve just been unlucky.. they weren’t available in a shop though.

Edited by The_JuicyFruit

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2019 at 4:37 AM, viech54 said:

So, is there any item that's permanently missable? Or can I get them in postgame dungeons or revisit dungeons after the story?

I haven't actually finished the platinum yet, but I have finished the story, and it would appear that nothing is permanently missable, as you can use the mirrors in the church to go back to any dungeon you have been to.