BioWare has said they will be delaying the following post-launch content:

• Mastery System
  • Guilds
  • Legendary Missions – Phase II
  • Weekly Stronghold Challenge
  • Leaderboards
  • Some Freeplay Events
  • Cataclysm

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/anthem-delays-a-lot-of-anticipated-content/1100-6466432/

Well, that's awesome. :P  When it comes, will anyone actually be around to play it?

• Like 1

This game is an actual joke, and it's only because I didn't spend my money on it that I think it's funny. The fact that they have to delay content updates due to the sheer amount of broken code is hilarious. Keep forgetting this isn't an indie company at this point.

They'll probably end up pulling another Mass Effect: Andromeda. Dropped support because nobody is playing it and it's draining money from EA. Please Bioware, learn to make games again. We used to look forward to them.

• Like 4

Post-launch content for EA titles is a laughing stock. Ever since EA promised no Expansion Passes for their games after Battlefield 1 (75.95 AUD playerbase segregation) their free update model has plummeted starting with Battlefront 2. It took 1 year for DICE to add significant content to the game with Capital Supremacy, pretty bad if you consider Battlefront 2015 released 4 expansions within that same amount of time. As a trophy hunter, free content add-ons gives me no reason to come back to the games as there's no DLC trophies. Battlefront 2 received 3 extra trophies with the December Resurrection Update. This update continued the bare-bones campaign with 3 extra chapters because let's face it: the fact this game's campaign (an excuse for DICE to say this has a campaign, regardless of how good or bad it was gonna be) was incomplete at launch was an insult to me. It took a month for EA to send it off with this post launch update that should've been with the game at launch, and since then the updates are no different to Rockstar's business model with GTAV and RDR2, "Screw the Singleplayer, Online Multiplayer is where Benjamin Franklin is at!"

Then there's Battlefield V (Remember that "V" is for V****a, not PC enough?) with the Firestorm (Battle Royale) game mode. No DLC trophies = no play. Doesn't help either that Battle Royale is no stranger to lack of trophies for BR games. Here are a few other examples:

• Fortnite: The trophies (EU + NA) are Save The World based and is forever in Beta like RDR2's abysmal online mode because STW is not profitable enough for Epic Games to continue supporting it. F2P Platinum? I think not!
  • H1Z1: No platinum but instead 3 region stacks (EU + NA + JP).
  • Realm Royale: Finally! A F2P Battle Royale title with a platinum!
  • PUBG: European and North American trophy stacks, 39.95 AUD paywall.
  • The Culling 2: 22.95 AUD paywall for a dead on arrival game that lasted 13 days. Too bad the trophy list looks great!
  • Black Ops 4 (Blackout): "I paid $100 for a Battle Royale mode as compensation for not including a single player campaign? Who cares if the Black Ops III campaign was crap and had nothing to do with the previous installments! I want a single player mode should the servers shut down 10 years from now..."

I predict this game is going to be given away as a PS Plus after 1 year since the release. Destiny 2 was consumed by subscribers like hot cakes back in September 2018, after it's September 2017 release and the week before Forsaken launched. I do doubt it as there hasn't been a single EA game included in the IGC since Medal Of Honor: Warfighter back in January 2016 IIRC, so that says a lot about EA as compared to Ubisoft (Steep, For Honor, Rayman Legends) and Activision (Modern Warfare Remastered) giving away titles within the past 12 months.

On a side note, what's the bet the next Dragon Age title will be a Mobile Game? Diablo went App Store, Command & Conker Conquer went Google Play, so why not Dragon Age? Anyone remember what happened to Dungeon Keeper Mobile? :devil:

On 4/29/2019 at 6:30 AM, mako-heart said:

i just wanna plat and forget about it tbh

Yeah, it seems to be the next best thing to do once you've gotten tried of waiting for new content as well as repeating the missions and strongholds over and over

• Like 2

On 2019-04-28 at 6:30 PM, mako-heart said:

i just wanna plat and forget about it tbh

Same here, working on the collectables trophy and then I’m free from this game forever, even if any expansions get trophies I’m skipping them. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KSTORM25 said:

Same here, working on the collectables trophy and then I’m free from this game forever, even if any expansions get trophies I’m skipping them. 

If you need tips on collectibles or a companion in grinding for em, let me know!

On 4/24/2019 at 2:50 PM, SinisterPledge said:

This game is an actual joke, and it's only because I didn't spend my money on it that I think it's funny. The fact that they have to delay content updates due to the sheer amount of broken code is hilarious. Keep forgetting this isn't an indie company at this point.

They'll probably end up pulling another Mass Effect: Andromeda. Dropped support because nobody is playing it and it's draining money from EA. Please Bioware, learn to make games again. We used to look forward to them.

Some Indie companies are loads better at making and releasing games than this studio and some other AAA studios which is really sad. Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, and Enter the Gungeon are prime examples of how you should make and release a game and DLC. 

I really do wanna go back and play Anthem at one point but everything that's been happening has been such a joke. 

59 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Some Indie companies are loads better at making and releasing games than this studio and some other AAA studios which is really sad. Hollow Knight, Dead Cells, and Enter the Gungeon are prime examples of how you should make and release a game and DLC. 

I really do wanna go back and play Anthem at one point but everything that's been happening has been such a joke. 

Wait for the price to tank, the MP is a joke. You can't even follow the story unless you turn it off, because people will advance it or you'll join half way through etc.

I tried, and even read data entries. But then I just gave up.