Day&Night Grind

Arcesius

Well, after finishing everything else I am still 5 hours short of the platinum because of this specific trophy that wants you to play for 24 hours. And as everybody knows, the game only counts the time spent in a song, not the overall time spent with the game (in in-game menus, etc..). So yeah, that's quite a long time ?

However, that statement is not exactly true! I was experimenting with the speed modifiers: I used the "slower song" modifier and noticed that the same amount of time got added to my counter than playing the song at regular speed. And, voilá, the same is also true with the "faster song" modifier! So it's not the time spent in a song that counts, but the length of a completed song, independent of modifiers. 

So, if you want to somewhat make this grind a bit faster, simply use the "faster song" modifier! ? Of course only if you enjoy playing at that speed! 

• Like 2

On 06/05/2019 at 4:22 PM, Arcesus7 said:

Well, after finishing everything else I am still 5 hours short of the platinum because of this specific trophy that wants you to play for 24 hours. And as everybody knows, the game only counts the time spent in a song, not the overall time spent with the game (in in-game menus, etc..). So yeah, that's quite a long time 1f605.png

However, that statement is not exactly true! I was experimenting with the speed modifiers: I used the "slower song" modifier and noticed that the same amount of time got added to my counter than playing the song at regular speed. And, voilá, the same is also true with the "faster song" modifier! So it's not the time spent in a song that counts, but the length of a completed song, independent of modifiers. 

So, if you want to somewhat make this grind a bit faster, simply use the "faster song" modifier! 1f642.png Of course only if you enjoy playing at that speed! 

I wish I new that like 2 weeks ago lol

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, GamerCrazy2 said:

Oh daym, thanks for the tip! Problem for me is im only at like 39 million score maybe less and im at 11h 34minutes

Well if you have the Monstercat DLC, I found Stronger (feat Emel) to be a good song for high scores in a short time. The song is rather easy but really fun to play, and on expert and without modifiers you can get ~760k points in about 3:40 minutes. I used to switch between that one, Feeling Stronger (easy to do with the faster speed and battery modifier for higher scores) and Country Rounds, which I found to be the most fun song in the base game.

Just keep having fun with this game! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I got it before I finished the other trophies. So no grinding for me. I did take a long break from the game; however, I still think I wouldn't have built up the skill/speed required within the 24 hours. I'm at the point where I rarely fail on expert, but usually still miss several notes per song. So I still have a ways to go before I'm platinum-ready.

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 1