PS4 Themes

RafaelBCastro

13 minutes ago, BlackSabre500 said:

You can make custom theme but you can only change the background pic from the default theme, you can't change the icons nor add sound effects and/or music.

^ This

The reason why I don’t use custom themes. I should be able to add MP3 files from my USB onto my console to escape the bare bones PS4 dashboard music but nope! Sony would eliminate the revenue they make from shitty third party developers by doing that.

You'd have to jump through hoops and set up a dev account with Sony, then get a dev kit. Just to make a custom theme, since it requires some coding and creativity to work around the limits. Theme devs can't talk about it. Plus to put it on the store... that's another hassle.

Sure, it's not very customizable. But should it be? It's just supposed to get you to your content. I got over it and use a #000000 background image. Doesn't lag as much going through menus compared to a heavy theme.

Jailbreak, I could be wrong. I've heard themes is part of the reason PS3 got cracked. Probably the reason Sony keeps it shut on PS4. Makes it more difficult. Safety is another reason.