How to unlock all the karts, (to get the online trophies done fast).

Just a heads up, I did a full guide fo this game some years ago, which is available here

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/jimmie-johnson-s-anything-with-an-engine/258493-jimmie-johnsons-anything-engine-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

I would strongly suggest people read the warning points at the start of the guide. If you use this glitch you just delete all save data afterward, as doing it on your active save will lock you out of the platinum, as you must build the karts for the respective trophies, and using the cheat unlocks them permanently, preventing you from completing the builds.

It is also worth noting that the digital and physical versions of the game are incompatible with each other online, so you can’t self boost using one copy of each. If you want to boost the digital version, you must find someone else with the digital version. Likewise for the physical copy.

Lastly, the rubber banding AI in this game is quite possibly the worst I have ever encountered. It is extremely difficult. There are also several very nasty difficulty related glitches/bugs in the game. It is very counter intuitive in terms of how career progress is set up. For clarity, I will cut and paste my warning section below, read it very carefully before starting career

Before reading any further, there are 3 very important warnings to note.

1. Cheat Codes

• There is a cheat code available allowing you to unlock all Karts from the start. This is accessed by pressing and holding R2.png + L2.png + R_1.png + L_1.png, then on the Dpad.png in order, Up, Right, Down, Left, Up, Left, Down, Right, and finally click the Right analog stick (R318x18.png), then click the Left analog stick (L318x18.png)
  • I believe this will lock you out of both trophy_bronze.png Tinkerer and trophy_silver.png Collector, as you can no longer build the cars in your garage. You will still unlock tokens for beating JJ in the duel's, but the trophy won't pop until you build the cars, which you can't do.
  • I would recommend you avoid this code as you can't use the only useful Kart (Speed Demon) in Career Cups anyway.

2. Difficulty

• As I will explain in the Walkthrough, it is highly recommended you start on All-Star difficulty right away. Normally I would not make this a warning, but this game features a very unusual Cup Point System.
  • Basically, once you start a Cup Career on a save slot, you must continue that slot through all 5 Cups. If you decide to switch to a new slot, you will have to restart the Cups all the way from Bronze.
  • Why does this matter? Unfortunately, progress in a race is only saved if you beat your previous best finish. If you do a race on a difficulty lower than All-Star, you will have to replay the Event on All-Star until you better your previous result. If you played on Rookie and did very well (for instance, winning easily), you may never be able to beat that on All-Star, thus blocking any further progress.
  • Since nothing carries over anyway, there is absolutely no point in playing Career on anything other than All-Star

3. Difficulty 2.0

• Learned this the hard way - if Warning 2 above wasn't bad enough, every time you progress to a new Cup in your career, the game defaults back to Rookie difficulty!
  • This is potentially a game breaker, if you get to the 3rd or 4th Cup, and have a momentary lapse, and find out several races in that you were on Rookie, not All-Star
  • You are now faced with the daunting task of re-racing any events that are on Rookie, and having to beat them - if you can't, your save slot is blocked, and you will be restarting all the way from Cup #1 on a new slot.
  • I cannot over emphasize, check the difficulty on Race Event #1 every time you start a new Cup during your career. Once you change to All-Star, you should be fine for the rest of the Cup, but watch this very closely.
  • Like 1