Ille's Platinum showcase!

ille1234

WELCOME!

Sly.png

Awesome banner by Athena from PS3T

First and foremost allow me to introduce myself. My name is Elias and I’m a 17 year old student from Sweden who’s biggest interests in life are music, cellphones (weird, I know), video games and of course, girls ;)

I go to a music college here in Stockholm and have done so for almost one and a half years now (Sweden has a slightly different school system than America and most countries). The reason why I decided on music is because it is my biggest passion in life and I see no reason what so ever to do anything else since this is what I want.

I’ve been playing drums for almost six years now and have been playing with a couple of bands, none of which have played the kind of music that I like and want to play (Metalcore/Hardcore that is). I’ve also been writing lyrics quite a while now but it’s pretty hard to work those lyrics in to songs alone since I don’t play guitar or piano (working on learning piano though) so I guess I’m kinda lucky to have friends that do :awesome:

Besides that there’s not much to know about me. I’m just a normal teenage boy trying to find his path in life, just making a few stops along the way that’s all ;)

Now let’s get to what you all came for, my glorious platinum checklist! :pimp:

________________________________________________________________________________________

First to some summarizing:

My Hardest Plat:

Just Cause 2

Reason why:

To get 75% completion takes quite some time on such a big game as this one.

My Easiest Plat:

Spare Parts (Obviously)

Reason Why:

Do I really need to explain?

My Most Enjoyable Plat(s):

The Sly Trilogy

Reason Why:

I’m a die hard Sly fan so I knew when I got the trilogy that I would get extremely nostalgic, which I did and loved every second of it

:awesome:

________________________________________________________________________________________

Here we go. Platinum number 1:

ASSASSINS CREED

AC2.png

MASTER ASSASSIN

Unlock all trophies.

My very first platinum trophy, the only reason to why I’m actually hunting trophies to date. Before I got this I didn’t think that I was good enough to actually plat a game but with a little help from the ever so helpful PowerPyx and his amazing trophy guides on YouTube I managed to collect all of the feathers and thus collecting my very first platinum trophy. Aah, the memories.

One of my friends actually tipped me about Assassins Creed 1, he told me that it was the greatest game ever made (bear in mind that this was just when the original Assassins Creed first released) and at first I didn’t really believe him and I didn’t even try the first one until actually completing Brootherhood. It took me about one or two months after the release of AC2 until I was tried it, and instantaneously, I was hooked.

Completion Date: January 3rd 2010

Trophy Difficulty: 5/10

Fun Factor: 8/10

Platinum number 2:

DANTE’S INFERNO

Dante.png

MASTER OF THE INFERNO

Unlock all other trophies

Let me be the first to tell you that this is an AMAZING game! Easily one of my favorite games to date, the story completely blew me away which is the reason that I let this be my second platinum.

This game is based on the Inferno part of The Divine Comedy written by Dante Alighieri, who also is the main protagonist in this story. It’s not exactly like the Divine Comedy simply because of the fact that in the Divine Comedy Dante didn’t chase Beatrice through the circles of hell but I have to admit that that was a great way to create a game of the story. I’m deffinately hoping for a sequel but as the developers said, the purgatorio part isn’t really video game material

;)

Completion Date: March 4th 2010

Trophy Difficulty: 5/10

Fun Factor: 10/10 (Hell yea)

Platinum number 3:

SLY COOPER AND THE THIEVIUS RACCOONUS

Sly1.png

TRUE THIEVIUS RACCOONUS

Unlock all trophies for Sly Cooper’s first outing

My first step to platinuming my favorite trilogy of games of all times was taken at the 16th of December 2010 11:00:55 AM and I didn’t look back once.

This is actually the only game in the trilogy that I hadn’t completed on the PS2 before I bought the trilogy but I had played it before. I didn’t remember how different it was compared to the other two until I actually started playing, I actually kinda like how I resembles the Crash Bandicoot games in the way that you have a tiny world that’s centered and that you enter the missions from there and get teleported to where the mission takes place. Also that the maps are very straightforward was nice since not much could go wrong and you always knew exactly to where you where going and how to get there.

Overall it was a really pleasant surprise since I remembered this one being not as good as it actually was.

Completion Date: December 17th 2010

Trophy Difficulty:2/10

Platinum number 4:

BATTLEFIELD: BAD COMPANY 2

Bc2.png

BAD COMPANY ELITE

Obtain all Campaign and Online trophies

This is my favorite multiplayer game of all time and also the game in which I’ve spent most hours playing, ever but I’m sure that Battlefield 3 will change that

;)

Having played a little Battlefield 1942, a little Battlefield 2 and a LOT of Battlefield 2: Modern Combat on my PS2 I jumped into this game with very high expectations and I have to say that this game blew those expectations out of the water. They way they built up this game with the squad systems, the class systems and all of that I just couldn’t stop playing it, and the fact that I had a lot of friends playing it as well just made it better since this is really a game that you should play with friends.

When I first tried the demo I wasn’t to impressed, as a matter of fact I wasn’t even that into multiplayer games at all at that point but after trying it again a couple of weeks later with my friends, I got a completely different perspective of the game and loved it ever since. I haven’t played this game in a while though because I’m kinda saving myself for Battlefield 3

:angel:

Completion Date: January 5th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 7/10 (Because of the Demolition Man trophy)

Fun Factor: 10/10

Platinum number 5:

JUST CAUSE 2

JC2.png

WINNER TAKES ALL

Earn all the trophies.

I pretty much stumbled across this game, I saw a guy on my friendslist playing the demo and I knew it was a Swedish game so I had to ask him if it was any good. He said that it was great so I figured, why not. So I downloaded the demo and played it for a while and got more and more hooked on all the possibilities this game had to offer. Later that week I showed the demo to one of my friends and he also loved it so we decided that we both were going to buy it, and that’s what we did.

I actually sold this game after a while when I realized that the platinum was virtually unreachable for me at that point because of all the time it needed to be put into and I really didn’t have that so I got rid of it because it was still worth like 250 Swedish crowns, and that’s about half of what a game costs.

Later on I got a major relapse and felt that I needed to rebuy this game, which I eventually didn’t need to do because I borrowed my friends. Me and another friend of mine had sort of a platinum race on this, we had gotten about equally as far so decided to race for it. Eventually he beat me with like twelve hours but all that matters is that I got the platinum :thumbsup:

Completion Date: April 16th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 9/10 (To me)

Fun Factor: 9/10

Platinum number 6:

RATCHET AND CLANK: A CRACK IN TIME

Crack.png

THE LOMBAX TRIUMPHANT

Collect all trophies in the game

Having played every single Ratchet and Clank game in the past (excluding psp games) I would consider myself a pretty hardcore Ratchet and Clank fan. Even though I like this series so much I really didn’t feel like playing this game at first. After trying out the Clank demos I though to myself “What the hell is this? This is bullshit” but as it turns out, the Clank demos where nothing like the real game (Luckily). The game was, as it turned out, actually a real Ratchet and Clank game at the core but with a bit of a twist, it included free roaming in the galaxies you had visited, which was effin brilliant if you ask me.

I actually borrowed this game from a friend of mine who only bought it because it was really cheap and he was going to sell it afterwards anyway, so I figured why not. As I started playing the game I was amazed by how well they thought through the story, I was really surprised by that since the earlier ones weren’t really centered around a really deep story like this one was. So I can definitely say that Insomniac really outdid their selves with this one. Great job Insomniac!

Completion Date: April 27th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 6/10

Platinum number 7:

PORTAL 2

Portal.png

PORTAL 2 PLATINUM TROPHY

Collected all other Portal 2 trophies

When this game was first released I didn’t pay much attention to it since I really didn’t know what it was. As days went by my subscription box on YouTube got more and more filled with gameplays, commentaries, reviews and all kinds of different things regarding this game and I got more and more curious about this game every day.

One day I decided that I must play this game and since there was no demo around I had no friends whatsoever that actually played this game I decided to go all in and just buy the god damn game. When I asked a friends of mine if he could follow me to the nearest GameStop so that I could purchase a new game, the first thing he said was “Sure, as long as your not buying that weird ass Portal game I’m in”. So that kinda put me in a bit of a pickle, so what I did was that I told him that I didn’t know what game to buy, just that I wanted to buy a new game that’s all.

An hour later as were standing in the store he sees me looking at this game and comes up to me asking “Seriously? You can not buy that game, it looks like complete and utter crap”, and he had a point, this game possesses awesomeness unnoticeable to the naked eye. You have to play it with every sense in your body in order to complete it, and needless to say, we played through the co-op campaign in about two day and we loved it every step of the way

;)

Completion Date: May 29th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 7/10

Platinum number 8:

INFAMOUS

inFamous.png

INFAMOUS PLATINUM TROPHY

Collect all other inFamous trophies.

I got this game as a part of the “Welcome Back” program Sony had after PSN had been down and honestly regret that I hadn’t bought this game earlier, I can say for sure that I really missed out on an awesome game. I had played the demo a couple of years before this so I kinda knew what this game was about, however, I couldn’t get the demo to not be in French so I couldn’t get past the first mission

:P

A friend of mine and I both got this game and started playing it roughly at the same time so that we could talk on Skype whilst playing the game, which was hilarious since we both loved that game and couldn’t stop rambling about how awesome it was.

I already knew before I jumped into this game that the trophies could be quite annoying with the blast shards and everything but I didn’t let that stop me, I landed this bad boy like a 200 pound marlin (probably not quite as difficult but you know). I like many others got stuck on the very last blast shard but luckily for me I found I rather quickly on top of the prison, somehow that one didn’t appear when I scanned if I was on the ground.

Completion Date: June 8th 2011

Platinum number 9:

SLY 2: BAND OF THIEVES

Sly1.png

UNLIKELY BANDIT

Unlock all Sly Cooper and the Band of Thieves Trophies

Game number 2 in the glorious Sly Cooper trilogy, just awesome as I remembered it. You might think that this one should be just after the Sly 1 platinum but I didn’t want to rush trough these awesome games, I wanted to drag it out for as long as I possibly could and if that ment playing a couple of games in between then that had to be the case.

With the addition of a bigger world to roam around in, Sly 2 is definitely the superior game of the first 2. I feel like the story in this game is without a doubt the best of the three but the missions are way to repetitive for this one to be my favorite out of the three. What does give this game a huge plus though is the worlds, they are just amazingly well done and well picked out.

This was the first of the three games that I bought for myself on the ps2 and it is also the one that made me fall completely in love with the series, it was such a huge step up from the first one and it was so revolutionizing at that point with all the sneaking and being stealthy.

Completion Date: June 10th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 3/10

Platinum number 10:

BURNOUT PARADISE

Burnout.png

BURNOUT PARADISE ELITE

Awarded for successfully collecting all trophies from Burnout Paradise

As a part of the PS3 Welcome Back program you would also get a 30 days PlayStation+ subscription free of charge and luckily for me and for many others it just so happened that Burnout Paradise was completely free for PS+ subscribers that month.

Two friends of mine had this game before this occurred and they both completely hated it but when I saw them both playing this shortly after you could download this I knew they had screwed me over. This game is actually a blast playing online with friends just goofing around in the playground that is Paradise City. However, the driving mechanics in this game are horrible, it’s way to easy to drive the cars and it doesn’t feel authentic whatsoever.

Ultimately I had a ton of fun playing this game, I kinda rushed to the platinum though since this game would expire as soon as the PS+ subscription was over.

If your thinking about buying this game then do so with a couple of friends, because it’s not fun at all playing alone and it’s extremely fun playing with friends.

Completion Date: June 14th 2011

Fun Factor: 6/10

Platinum number 11:

SLY 3: HONOR AMONG THIEVES

Sly1.png

MASTER THIEF

Unlock all trophies for Sly Cooper’s final outing… final? Really?

The last piece of the Sly Cooper puzzle has finally fallen into place and it fits quite nicely, however I hope that number 4 will blow our minds, hard.

This one is my favorite of the 3 (current) Sly Cooper games. Why? You ask, I’ll tell you why. The missions in this game are so well thought through and have a way better structure than the first to games, the story however is not as good as in the second game but that’s okay since the rest of the game is completely marvelous.

I tried to make this game last for as long as possible and drag it out the best I could but I just couldn’t stop playing this once I started, I just got hooked and sat glued in my chair for hours. Also the challenges brought extra replay value to the game even though they were pretty easy

:P

Completion Date: June 26th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 4/10

Platinum number 12:

KILLZONE 3

Killzone.png

PLATINUM

Collect all Killzone 3 trophies

The summer of 2011 I was on vacation in Florida and stumbled across this game and I immediately noticed that it was extremely cheap compared to what it costs in Sweden, I think it was like half the price, so I couldn’t resist.

I played the beta of this game and I loved it at first but later on I got very annoyed that people just wouldn’t die and that the infiltrator class was EXTREMELY overpowered. They had fixed this in the full game though, which was a huge relief because the game itself is amazing. I can easily say that this is the best FPS experience that I’ve ever had but what spoiled it thought was the lack of good maps and effective weapons. If you have played the game for a couple of hours you have basically tried out everything that the game has to offer, which is quite sad.

I would still be playing this game if I could actually have the map packs. I bought the map packs in the European store for about 20 dollars and that was a huge waste because they weren’t compatible with my American copy of the game…

It’s a great game though and a very reasonable platinum to have

:)

Completion Date: July 30th 2011

Platinum number 13:

SPARE PARTS

Spare.png

PLATINUM TROPHY

Earn all other trophies

I know I know, don’t judge me just yet and let me explain first. I know that this is a whoreish game and that there’s no getting away from that but the only reason as to why I bought this game is to help heal the wounds from the Killzone 3 DLC accident.

I saw a guy on my friendslist playing this game a while ago and I had no idea what it was so I sent him a message asking what this game was. He explained briefly what it was about and I thought it sounded okay and didn’t think to much about it. After the Killzone accident I was looking for PSN games to buy since I had a couple of bucks in my wallet and I stumbled across this and remember what that guy told me, perfect I thought, so I went onto YouTube and looked up some gameplay, watched a couple of minutes and then downloaded it. I thought it looked like the classic Crash Bandicoot games which I loved so I was pretty sure I was going to like it.

It wasn’t even near as good as the Crash Bandicoot but it was a decent game and extremely easy platinum and a nice change of pace from the upstream of FPS’s.

Completion Date: August 2nd 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 1/10

Fun Factor: 5/10

Platinum number 14:

UNCHARTED 2

UC2.png

PLATINUM

Platinum

The Uncharted series are two of my favorite games of all time and I’m sure that the third will be just as good as it’s prequels.

I actually bought this game and played it soon after it’s release and I really gave it an honest shot but I just couldn’t beat the final boss even on hard. This summer I had nothing to play so I decided that I was going to try this out once more, just for fun, and I didn’t stand a chance to the final boss this time either but I found a video on YouTube showing how to beat him easily so I tried that out. It took me a couple of tries but eventually I got it and I was SO relieved that I finally had completed that game, all that was left was completing it on crushing, a task that I knew wasn’t going to be a cakewalk.

I actually went on vacation shortly after I completed it on hard and that prevented me from completing it on crushing right after, I even played a couple of games in between because I didn’t really feel like playing this game. Eventually I got to I though and completed it on crushing and I finally got to se the platinum pop.

Completion Date: August 13th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 8/10

Platinum number 15:

BRINK

Brink.png

TIME TO SLEEP

Earn all other trophies

When I first heard about this game I was immediately interested but quite torn. This game had gotten such mixed reviews and that got me so confused so I didn’t know what the hell to do. Eventually I couldn’t hold it anymore, I had watched so many videos on YouTube and thought it looked awesome and I really couldn’t figure out what peoples deal with this game was, how the hell can they think that this sucks? I thought to myself.

After playing this game for a couple of hours I knew exactly what people hated about this game. The AI seriously makes you want to snap the disc in half from time to time, it definitely requires a partner to help you out a lot of the times. It’s next to impossible to do some things in this game alone.

However I really don’t regret buying this game, apart from the AI and how heavily based this game is upon it, it’s a pretty good game and you’ll have a good time whilst playing it, especially if you have a friend who also plays it.

I know that buying this game was inevitable for me, I would’ve bought this game eventually.

All and all it’s a decent plat to have on your list and it’s a pretty fun game. The customization in this game is amazing, as is the parkour. I really hope that they make a sequel to this because I really think that this game has some serious potential to be great.

Completion Date: August 18th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 7/10 (Can be harder depending on how lucky you are)

Fun Factor: 6,5/10

Platinum number 16:

BORDERLANDS

Borderlands.png

BORDERLAND DEFENDER

You have defeated all bosses and are a powerful force to be reckoned with

Wow, just wow. I hate myself for not playing this game sooner than I did, it does sooooo many things right and so very few things wrong, it’s very close to perfection, something that I’m sure Borderlands 2 will be.

I’ve played several RPG’s when I was younger and have slowly but surely been sliding away from the genre, I don’t know why because after playing this game I remembered how amazing those games are. I’m really looking forward to RAGE and Borderlands 2 because those two will most certainly be heavily inspired by this game and will surely kick some major ass!

What made this game as good as it is, imo, is the fact that you can find weapons EVERYWHERE and you find modifications and shields and everything that you may need as your progressing through the game. The fact that you also have 50 levels to work your way through really adds extra replay value to the game and it, if you ask me, kinda completes the game.

The game is a blast to play online with friends, whether your doing missions or just roaming around and trying to find new adventure, you are sure to have the time of your life, that I can guarantee.

Completion Date: September 10th 2011

Trophy Difficulty: 6/10 (Depending on how you wish to play)

Platinum number 17:

MEDAL OF HONOR

Medal.png

MEDAL OF HONOR TIER 1

Obtain all Campaign and Online trophies

This was one of those games that I knew that I would love from the moment I heard about it. I already knew that this game would be amazing when I heard that DICE were making the multiplayer, and sure enough, I was right.

I preordered this game pretty early and got the game on the day of release. The first couple of day I played the crap out of it and got a couple of trophies. I had almost gotten every trophy when I discovered the “Tier 1 Mode”. Tier 1 Mode is basically the hardest difficulty in the game, with the addition of no checkpoints and a time limit. I really didn’t feel like trying this out so when I was done with the multiplayer and the singleplayer I just put this game on the shelf and let it sit there for a long time until I popped it back in and began my hunt for the platinum.

Tier 1 Mode wasn’t even near as difficult as I thought it would be, sure it was annoying from time to time but it was nothing compared to Medal of Honor: Frontline. It took me a couple of days to play through Tier 1 and I actually had a lot of fun doing so.

If you want a FPS that’s neither CoD nor BF then this is the game for you, it’s the perfect mixture between the two and you’ll have a ton of fun playing this game. You will have some frustrating moments in multiplayer getting pounded by airstrikes (yes, that IS what she said) but it’s nothing that will ruin the game, just leave and join a different party 

Completion Date: September 15th 2011

Platinum number 18:

NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT

NFS.png

NFS HOT PURSUIT ELITE

Awarded for successfully collecting all Need For Speed™ Hot Pursuit trophies

This one took waaaaay to long. When I first got this game I neither wanted to try getting this nor thought that I even could. About nine months later, DING!

I’ve played a crapload of Need for Speed games in my day, starting with Hot Pursuit and then about five or six after that and I can safely say that this one is one of the better. The driving mechanics in this game are superb, they are not to hard and not to easy to learn, it has the perfect balance.

I really couldn’t do this one without my best friend who came over with some chips and drinks and thereby started a long night of boring xp boosting. Getting to level 20 as a racer was a cakewalk since you got 50.000 exp just by completing the last race mission, which made it very easy. However, there were no such mission on the police side which caused for some problems. Playing the same mission a billion times was not a fun task.

Completion Date: September 18th 2011

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Platinum number 19:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Currently playing

GetAvtarImage.png

AND

bf3-logo-sm.png

Games Put On Hold

Frontline.png

36 of 46 Trophies (65%)

Sws.png

17 of 48 Trophies (24%)

RDR.png

31 of 91 Trophies (35%)

Batman.png

36 of 48 Trophies (70%)

Mini.png

27 of 36 Trophies (63%)

ACB.png

44 of 51 Trophies (88%)

• Like 1

You like phones too, I thought I was the only one! :lol:

Overall a nice checklist so far. Could do with some extra banners though, just to liven it up a bit.

Yea, it's one of my main hobbies :awesome: What phone do you use?

I would have more banners if i had any clue on how to make them :P

Yea, it's one of my main hobbies :awesome: What phone do you use?

I would have more banners if i had any clue on how to make them :P

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo. It is a nice phone, but I am having some issues with the touchscreen and applications. What do you have?

And if you need banners the guys over at the Industry of Sigs can help you out. I used to be a artist with them, so I know they are good. ;)

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo. It is a nice phone, but I am having some issues with the touchscreen and applications. What do you have?

And if you need banners the guys over at the Industry of Sigs can help you out. I used to be a artist with them, so I know they are good. ;)

I have a HTC Desire HD and loving it :)

I'm going to have send some requests to the IoS guys then :awesome:

Is this the first checklist on PSNP? :o

Looking good Elias, can't wait to see it all done :awesome:

I believe it is, yes :)

It'll never be done, i'll make sure it keeps on growing :D

Yup this is the first checklist and glad you followed my advice and posted in the stadio :awesome:

Awesome checklist BTW keep it up man and come to visit copenhagen someday it ist far from sweeden you know :D

Yea, it seemed the most suiting :)

I've been there, awesome city, way warmer than up here in the north :P I'll be returning soon :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...