This trophy list is an RNG nightmare.

iGGTheEnd

After 50 hours of playtime, I finally managed to hunt down all of the RNG trophies in Spire.

My absolute biggest piece of advice is to watch videos on how someone else managed to acquire the achievement you're after. While no two runs of the spire are the same & you're practically guaranteed to land in an entirely different sets of circumstances, there are plenty of tips & tricks you can pick up from watching someone else's run.

The most difficult for me by far was getting a sub-twenty minute run. I was getting to the end consistently but usually just a minute or two above par, then I watched Baalorlord's speedrun guide & within two more attempts, I managed a 16 minute run. Taking on Act 1 elites made the difference, they're not much slower than the regular fights & the extra relics will give you an edge during Act 2/3.

I found out the hard way that you can't use the mind-bloom event in Act 3 (Fight a boss from Act 1 for a relic) to get the "Kill a boss in 1 turn" trophy. Imagine getting

- Whirlwind (Deal 8 Dmg per energy spent

- Double Tap (Your next attack is played twice)

- A ton of energy increasing potions/cards

- Akebeko (Your first attack deals 8 more damage)

- Bottled Lightning & Flame (Start your first turn with Double Tap & Whirlwind in hand)

Then blowing all of your potions to absolutely eviscerate the slime boss... but the achievement doesn't pop.

Now go deeper. You realize that had you saved your potions, you would have been guaranteed to kill the final act 3 boss in one turn anyways.

Fattest L of my year. I went to bed pithed off.

Woke up the next day & got the trophy on the first try anyways. Dub.

Edited by Grample_Gust
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Grample_Gust said:

After 50 hours of playtime, I finally managed to hunt down all of the RNG trophies in Spire.

My absolute biggest piece of advice is to watch videos on how someone else managed to acquire the achievement you're after. While no two runs of the spire are the same & you're practically guaranteed to land in an entirely different sets of circumstances, there are plenty of tips & tricks you can pick up from watching someone else's run.

The most difficult for me by far was getting a sub-twenty minute run. I was getting to the end consistently but usually just a minute or two above par, then I watched Baalorlord's speedrun guide & within two more attempts, I managed a 16 minute run. Taking on Act 1 elites made the difference, they're not much slower than the regular fights & the extra relics will give you an edge during Act 2/3.

I found out the hard way that you can't use the mind-bloom event in Act 3 (Fight a boss from Act 1 for a relic) to get the "Kill a boss in 1 turn" trophy. Imagine getting

- Whirlwind (Deal 8 Dmg per energy spent

- Double Tap (Your next attack is played twice)

- A ton of energy increasing potions/cards

- Akebeko (Your first attack deals 8 more damage)

- Bottled Lightning & Flame (Start your first turn with Double Tap & Whirlwind in hand)

Then blowing all of your potions to absolutely eviscerate the slime boss... but the achievement doesn't pop.

Now go deeper. You realize that had you saved your potions, you would have been guaranteed to kill the final act 3 boss in one turn anyways.

Fattest L of my year. I went to bed pithed off.

Woke up the next day & got the trophy on the first try anyways. Dub.

Congratulations on getting the some annoying trophies done.

For me the minimalist is the most annoying, sure I understand that there is tons of core cards you can get early one that can give you infinite combos (Flash of Steel combo e.x)

however the frustrating part is they never show up ever when you need/want them too, this is the curse of Slay the Spire.

If I don't want any cards or relics, they are drowning me with them.

So kind of came to the mindset that play it casually and deal with the cards you are dealt mentality can be more fun and healthy.

My best recommendation is too remember what enemies can show up on the spire, getting a card that is good against goblin pack or bird pack is important as your singe target damage might be excellent, you will still get drained down by 4 enemies in one go. Hence why I think so many like Whirlwind, Double Tap on their runs.

I think One Trinket, 5 Cards will be the more frustrating ones in the list but AS20 was a nightmare in luck.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I actually just got Speed Climber and I feel like I've been blessed in almost any possible way, considering I don't fancy myself as a good StS player.

Spoiler

eN7UrDs.jpeg

This is actually my 5th attempt at the trophy, never I thought I'd get it as quickly, even more so considering I haven't been playing much lately. I think I got off pretty easy with Hexaghost, Collector and Donu & Deca as bosses, considering how troublesome and time-consuming some other bosses would've been. Most events were very beneficial, I managed to avoid all elites and still come away with a decent deck to fight those bosses. Took me 4 minutes to clear Act 1, 8 minutes to Act 2 and the rest on Act 3, and I swear I got to the final boss on 18:15 and not believing I'd get it at all. Adding a Strength potion and an Attack potion to that final battle (since I used a Smoke Bomb to skip my last hallway fight - the Transient of all battles), I used all I could to get Donu out of the way and then miraculously defeated Decu in like 20 seconds to get the trophy right on its deadline. More nerve-wrecking than almost any trophy I've gotten, ended up jumping in jubilation at home when I saw that green time!

Edited by Migahel