A question about the Spanish retail version

Hello! =) I've found on Amazon a Spanish copy of Atelier Shallie (PS3), which has the double languages cover (Italian and Spanish). But I've a question about the booklet language(s): is it in Spanish or double languages like the cover (Italian and Spanish)? Is there anyone with a physical Italian or Spanish version who could tell me the language of the booklet?

Thank you! :)

• 1 month later...

@AlchemistWer This is the thread I was talking about. And this is the Spanish version I found with the double languages cover:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/PS3-Atelier-Shallie-Alchemists-of-the-Dusk-Sea-PlayStation-3-Nuevo/362546080279?hash=item54696e2a17:g:8c0AAOSwf0hcU2Z8

And I don't think you need to learn Italian, I mean, I think there are more important languages than mine, right? The texts should be the same (unless the translators made a really bad work... :giggle: Well, actually the booklets are full of grammar mistakes, so I don't know if I should trust them).

55 minutes ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

@AlchemistWer This is the thread I was talking about. And this is the Spanish version I found with the double languages cover:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/PS3-Atelier-Shallie-Alchemists-of-the-Dusk-Sea-PlayStation-3-Nuevo/362546080279?hash=item54696e2a17:g:8c0AAOSwf0hcU2Z8

And I don't think you need to learn Italian, I mean, I think there are more important languages than mine, right? The texts should be the same (unless the translators made a really bad work... :giggle: Well, actually the booklets are full of grammar mistakes, so I don't know if I should trust them).

Haha, good to know, I hope somebody have this copy in order to answer this question. I just saw on Nisa europe store but no luck (sold out) ): 

Edited by AlchemistWer

I was in a similar situation once. Traveled to Italy and bought a game wondering if it would have Spanish or at least English in the booklet and yeah it had all the "big" languages across Europe.

As far as I experienced with other european games, booklets do tend to include all languages considered "important" in Europe, those being German, English, French, Spanish, Italian and sometimes they'll add Portuguese too. Only games I have without this feature are odd, old pc games with very chunky booklets and thus the booklets are tailor-made for the region I think. But seeing as this is a PS3 game, my best guest is that it's very likely to include English, even if it's not the first language listed in the booklet.

This is due to the EU pretty much accomodating all regions to have an english translation in all products, so I'm sure you're safe. Just to be safe, this week I'll go check my local second-hand game retailers to see if I find a copy and I'll keep you informed!

• Like 1

@AlchemistWer Yeah, I tried to look on Nisa Store, but everything about Shallie is sold out. The only thing I found is the Shallie Plus (UK version. But I've already bought my Italian/Spanish version a couple of weeks ago...:giggle:), but the annoying thing is that were some limited editions of the PS3 version that I saw a couple of months ago (always on Nisa store). But when I made the order for Lulua and I wanted to add the LE of Shallie, I found that they were sold out... ? I should have placed the order as as soon as I saw it...

@Eremoto Thank you! I really appreciate your help! My issue about the language of this game is due to the fact that is the first one with the double languages cover (Italian/Spanish), while the previous were only in Italian. The next games (Sophie, Firis, Lydie & Suelle, Nelke, Lulua, but also other games like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy XII, Resident Evil, Blue Reflection, Nights of Azure) are on PS4 and have the double cover language, but no booklet inside (like most of the PS4 games) so I have no reference about tha Shallie booklet. And I have no PS3 game with the double cover which could give me some clue. I've got also the Shallie Plus version, but again, no booklet inside (like most of Vita games):

eD0yfOg.jpg

And about the booklets, I had also a terrible experience with NieR. It was the third time I bought on Amazon, but when I received this one I discovered it was the French edition (and it was written nowhere on the page of the game. But I should have checked the seller, which is in France). I thought that maybe the booklet had more languages... No! Only French! And it had also in game French screenshots. :jaymon: Seriously, this scared me because I thought that also the game was French. But luckily the game was in English (and the screenshots were fake). Well, after this experience I always check the country of the seller and I also ask him about the cover, just to be sure...

I'm waiting for your answer, hoping you could find this game. ?

Edited by Phoenix_argentea
  • Like 1

Hey! Got a mild update in the situation.

A second-hand videogame store I frequent usually has Atellier games so I checked today, but sadly a collector nabbed all of those a few months ago. Thankfully the lady at the store told me about three different stores I didn't know in the periferic area of the city that may have more Atellier stuff, and tomorrow I should be able to check at least two of them. Hope I have more luck, but sorry beforehand if my search bears no results; it's high turistic season here and the city is full of tourists from Germany and England and some are looking for regional games, I just wish they don't beat me to the punch. They already did when I was trying to get the Spanish version of Tombi 2.

I'll keep you uptaded through the week. Don't lose hope! (But I can't promise the moon)

• Like 1

@Eremoto Sorry? You don't have to sorry! :)You're doing a great job! I mean, you asked in a store and they give you a clue about three other stores and now you're walking around. Really, I have no word for your great kindness and patience. I understand the fact that there are a lot of people (and game collector) and you want to find something before them, but don't feel obliged or forced to run from one place to another, take your time, ok? ? Whenever your result will be positive or negative, I really appreciate your action! :blush:

And Tombi is a great game! I played only the first and it was really super fun (but I never found the second game...). But I'm surprised they changed the name also in Spain. The original name was Tomba (which in Italian means grave, tomb), so they modified the name in Tombi!

@AlchemistWer One of the few good things of the PS3 games are the booklet. Some of them are mostly useless (security, guarantee, PEGI, how to insert the BD into the PS3 :jaymon:, but no instructions about commands), but others are little gems, like the Atelier ones, Ni no Kuni, Shadow of the Colossus. Even the Kingdom Hearts booklets are mostly useless, but at least they have an artwork on the backcover, like the II.5. This is very special and it's perfect for summer!

zSJFRiO.jpg

A side note: it's the second time the spoiler tags don't work. Am I doing something wrong? I've always used the commands

and

or the "eye command" in the bar, but the hidden content doesn't open... ?

Edited by Phoenix_argentea
Ok, this time the hidden tag works!

@Phoenix_argentea I'm with you, I love when I open any game and see a thin book inside it, the last PS4 games with a booklet I bought maybe are trails of cold steel 1 and 2 and the last PS3 game with a booklet was Tales of Graces f, and on vita... I think only the japanese version of trails of cold steel I and II.

I don't think you are doing something wrong with the spolier tag, maybe simply the website has a problem with that, like sometimes when you a double post in any status update or something like that. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, sorry for the delayed response, I was on vacation and after returning I got caught up in work and trophy hunting. 

So, I've checked all the stores. One closed, won't re-open under new ownership until October. Second one didn't have any Atelier games, but the last one did. I thought I found it but then I saw the cheap price and got wary. It was too cheap. And yeah, it was too cheap to be true.

Long story short: the boxart was printed and there was no booklet. Whoever owned that copy did a poor job keeping it in a good shape to a point where the shop replaced the cover print by hand and the booklet was missing as the seller didn't provide it. So, I fear I can't do much more to help ease your doubts. I don't know anyone who's interested in the Atellier games and also lives in Spain that could provide further information, so I have to go back to my first statement; where I said I feel as if it probably also includes Italian as a language option in-game despite being the Spanish copy, given that I bought games from Italy before and they came in Spanish too. So I'm prone to believing that only things like Pokémon (and mostly Nintendo stuff) is limited in the language selection. At least back in the day, now Pokémon games have multiple languages built-in despite region of the cartridge.

The one final solution I could recommend is to use emulation of other Atelier games to kinda "test the waters". Try to get a hold of Spanish roms of those (I can't give you links, as divulging roms and isos is ilegal) but if you can get some Spanish Atelier roms or Isos try to emulate them, see of they have italian as an option, I use that method when I wanna purchase a game from another region and I don't know if I'll be able to understand it. If there's PS2, PS1, PSP or DS Atelier games and those Spanish versions include Italian there's probably a big chance of this one being the same, and you should feel bad as you won't be breaking the law to play the full games, it's just for information's sake.

Again, I hope I could've provided a better answer and whatever happens, I hope you're lucky and the game ends up having the language you require. 

• Like 1

If I understood correctly you want to know if the Spanish version of this game has the booklet in Italian? Yes, yes it does.

I just opened mine and the booklet is half Italian and half a VERY VERY VERY bad Spanish. Worse than Google translator, lots of gramatical errors.

yhvmwKw.jpg

• Like 1

@Eremoto I feel really sorry about the game copy that you described… ? But I really appreciate your effort. Thank you! =)

Actually, I was looking only for the booklet, and I’m almost sure the language of the game should be english and not spanish (I don’t think the other countries translate these JRPGs in their own language), so no need of roms and emulation! :giggle: I mean, I saw the backcover of the game on internet and it describes only English text.

Last month a friend of mine showed me Resident Evil Revelations 2, a PS3 game which has the cover with double languages (Italian/Spanish) and a very small booklet inside in Italian and Spanish languages (just 4-6 pages about Pegi and installation, nothing about the game itself), so I thought that maybe Atelier Shallie could have the same languages.

Then, @mimeh84 solved my doubt: booklet with double language! I've just ordered my PS3 copy.

And again, thank you both for your answers! :wave:

• Like 1