Very easy = Not easy!

XilixiR

Normal race events is ok to win and easy but still sometimes a challenge.

but man, these special events are not VERY EASY like difficulty says!

so rediculous, i'm not a pro nor a noob. but it's hard to get 1st place!

any idea why this is? am i doing something wrong? 1 - 2 AI players are always faster than me and those tracks are so dumb, can't believe they make these for super bike, so many sharp corners in a row etc...

Edited by XilixiR
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, XilixiR said:

Normal race events is ok to win and easy but still sometimes a challenge.

but man, these special events are not VERY EASY like difficulty says!

so rediculous, i'm not a pro nor a noob. but it's hard to get 1st place!

any idea why this is? am i doing something wrong? 1 - 2 AI players are always faster than me and those tracks are so dumb, can't believe they make these for super bike, so many sharp corners in a row etc...

Make sure you are using the right bike for the job. Always get as close to the max PP for the event as you can. You can filter the store to find bikes of certain categories within certain power ranges. Applying all the upgrades to a bike usually takes it up by 50-90PP depending on the bike. Slick tyres are one of the most important upgrades as they can shave seconds off your lap times so buy them first. If you haven’t got the season pass I’d recommend you buy that and get all the free bike packs too. Some of the best bikes in their respective categories are from the dlcs. 

If you are still struggling play around with the assists. For example reducing the traction control will give you faster lap times but will require more throttle precision (useful for some time trials). You can also shorten the gear ratios in your bike settings for better acceleration. There are only a couple of tracks in the game where the bikes will achieve their top speed and the default ratios are much longer than required for the majority of tracks. 

My final suggestion is to use the rewind function if you make a mistake. There is no penalty for using it and no limit on the amount of times you can use it during an event. 

If you use these tips and have the ai set to the easiest possible setting you should win most races by 30+ seconds even if you’re not particularly good at racing games. 

• Like 3

On 6/17/2019 at 10:01 AM, Warlord99956 said:

Make sure you are using the right bike for the job. Always get as close to the max PP for the event as you can. You can filter the store to find bikes of certain categories within certain power ranges. Applying all the upgrades to a bike usually takes it up by 50-90PP depending on the bike. Slick tyres are one of the most important upgrades as they can shave seconds off your lap times so buy them first. If you haven’t got the season pass I’d recommend you buy that and get all the free bike packs too. Some of the best bikes in their respective categories are from the dlcs. 

If you are still struggling play around with the assists. For example reducing the traction control will give you faster lap times but will require more throttle precision (useful for some time trials). You can also shorten the gear ratios in your bike settings for better acceleration. There are only a couple of tracks in the game where the bikes will achieve their top speed and the default ratios are much longer than required for the majority of tracks. 

My final suggestion is to use the rewind function if you make a mistake. There is no penalty for using it and no limit on the amount of times you can use it during an event. 

If you use these tips and have the ai set to the easiest possible setting you should win most races by 30+ seconds even if you’re not particularly good at racing games. 

But these special events are fixed bikes, you can not choose one, you are given one. ( events on the rights side )

and thanks for the tips!

5 hours ago, XilixiR said:

But these special events are fixed bikes, you can not choose one, you are given one. ( events on the rights side )

and thanks for the tips!

Ah sorry. I missed the bit about the special events. The assists/set up tips I mentioned should still help you though and abusing rewind makes it easier. Is it a particular event you are stuck on or all the special events?

• 6 months later...

I have a similar problem. Time Attack in special is impossible for me. I use rewind many times, I changed gears, off auto brakes.

I tried to get gold at Kawasaki GPZ900R and Ninja ZX10RR at Donington Park Circuit and I only have bronze. I don't know what else to do, but using rewind I've already reached my maximum potential. I am surprised that such a large% of players have earned platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2019 at 5:01 AM, Warlord99956 said:

Agree with everything except the part about buying the best bike. Sometimes the bike with the highest PP or even with the best stats isn't the best bike for some reason. If you're having trouble just see which bikes are in 1st or 2nd place and go with that one.

I can play on 85% difficulty most of the races and win with ease but there are some races that I have to put it down all the way to 60%. Especially with the slower bikes and under 300PP races.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Haha yeah, had the same issue with the first race in Suzuki's special if I'm not mistaken. First of all, I don't get why in a event promoting a specific motorbike not all have the same one, doesn't make sense. Anyways, was a rainy one so didn't have the usual easy grip on the corners where you can make up tons of time, but still, even changed it to very easy and yet the guy in front of me just wouldn't come closer to 1 second ahead...surely they have messed up on the data or he had a top tier moto (because the rest were way back), which makes me wonder if you restart the event from the menu if motos are randomly assigned or they will have the same one. But didn't need to try it, had my tricks at my sleeve, just went full throttle into him on one of the corners to get reset together and just didn't let him pass again haha. 

Otherwise was solid, good thing the DLC cuts up a lot of time on the Plat, in the end I did feel the grind.