Read this if you're starting this game

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking about getting the Holy Potatoes Bundle, as it looks like a pretty funny and cute game. However, it also looks like a ported mobile game....which is usually not good. Hopefully there aren’t any player-unfriendly mobile tropes like timers and painfully slow progression unless you buy certain microtransactions.

Do you have a time estimate on getting the platinum?

On 1-7-2020 at 10:58 PM, CookeKeyes said:

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking about getting the Holy Potatoes Bundle, as it looks like a pretty funny and cute game. However, it also looks like a ported mobile game....which is usually not good. Hopefully there aren’t any player-unfriendly mobile tropes like timers and painfully slow progression unless you buy certain microtransactions.

Do you have a time estimate on getting the platinum?

It’s been over a year since I’ve played that game so I’m not sure anymore. It didn’t take that long though, probably a few hours if you keep your focus. The second and third Holy Potatoes game take a bit longer (I can give you tips before starting those games as well, as there are a TON of missables). 

8 minutes ago, kapitein said:

It’s been over a year since I’ve played that game so I’m not sure anymore. It didn’t take that long though, probably a few hours if you keep your focus. The second and third Holy Potatoes game take a bit longer (I can give you tips before starting those games as well, as there are a TON of missables). 

Thanks a lot friend! I got the bundle, which only includes Weapon Shop and Space. Any tips on the missables from Space would be greatly appreciated.

42 minutes ago, CookeKeyes said:

Thanks a lot friend! I got the bundle, which only includes Weapon Shop and Space. Any tips on the missables from Space would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, 'We're in Space' is absolutely nothing alike the Weapon Shop-game. It's a totally different game, the only thing that's similar is it's potato-'lore'. It's been a while since I've played, but looking at my trophy list and checking some stuff online this should cover all the 'basics'.

Step 1:

The game has you sitting in your spaceship, sending you to different galaxies and planets to finish quests. Every galaxy you visit has a limited amount of turns (sols) you can use to visit all planets, complete the 'main' quest and head back to the hub so you can go to the next galaxy. So every time you visit a new galaxy this is what you need to do:
1) Explore every planet while keeping the main quest in the back of your mind
2) Once you complete the main quest keep on visiting every planet in that galaxy using up most of your sols/turns

3) Make sure to return to the hub when you hit 0 Sols or before (you can head to the next galaxy when you're in the hub and have 0 sols, ignoring the unbeatable boss battle)

Important: while exploring you should keep on researching 'Research Engine Efficiency' in the lab until you unlock 'Engine Power'. Max it out and it will increase your ship range by 60% (without it you won't be able to explore each planet in the later galaxies). You have to research everything for the 'Omniscience' trophy anyway but this should be your priority.

Important 2: while exploring the galaxies you should keep on crafting weapons and completing training sessions between each sol (it takes about a sol to complete a weapon and two per training session)

Doing this you should unlock all trophies regarding crafting weapons, defeating enemies, completing explorations, completing researches and completing training sessions.

Step 1.5
One of the easiest trophies to miss is the crafting of 10 SS rank weapons. You need to do it all in one playthrough. During 1 of your playthrough every time you're in the hub look for Craftmasters to hire. A craftmaster is a crew member that has a higher chance to create SS weapons. One of them is Barbie, being a sharpnel craftmaster.
To get the 10 SS weapons craft as much as you can in the galaxies 1-11. We will do most of the SS crafting in the last galaxy. In the beginning of the 12th you should have 4 craftmasters and around 5 SS weapons already crafted (depending on how lucky you are). Stay in the hub, buy the weapon blueprints and materials. Assign the craftmasters to the weapon they are specialized in and try to get at least 1 SS per Sol. Make a save after each Sol and if you don't meet the quota of SS/S load the previous save.

Step 2: 

Manual saves! These will make or break your playthrough. Before warping to the next galaxy, make a manual save. The galaxy the games sends you to is RNG, and therefore a lot of the galaxies are missable if you only stick to one playthrough. The picture you can find below shows you all galaxies and when to pay extra attention.

For example: When you complete the first galaxy (stage 1), make a manual save and warp to the next galaxy. There you are either sent to the galaxy of 'Raiders of the Lost Quark' OR the 'Sleeping Beauty' one. Complete that galaxy (100% visit all planets) and reload the point from stage 1 and hope you are send to the other galaxy (you might need to reload a few times to get sent to the correct one). I would advise to complete one full playthrough and then just reloading the manual saves you made along the way. 

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/914673076773227995/081CF0AA5C7F8096B05E0E42495BD4A3E3693B5D/

At the beginning of Stage 7 you need to make a choice between Cassie or Fay and complete their storyline until you reach Stage 10. Reload the end of stage 6 and choose the other person in the beginning of Stage 7 to access those galaxies. To access the secret story line you need to explore a special planet that you can get in the 3rd Stage (you will recognize it by it's cream color and a worning sign before you explore it). There's only a 33% chance of you getting it.

This should net you all 100% galaxy explorations, IF you visit every planet per galaxy.

Step 3:

The game has a LOT of random encounters, some of which will only pop up once in your playthrough. If you choose the incorrect option you miss out on that specific trophy. The answers (and consequences) for most random encounters you can find here: https://holy-potatoes-were-in-space.fandom.com/wiki/Encounters

But the ones that are tied to a trophy are the following (copied from the Steam walkthrough)

It’s the Eye of the ... !

You will get this achievement when you collect the Eye of the Kraken. At some point during your explorations you will encounter a shipwreck. Go in, looking for treasure (i believe it's the first option). A battle will follow, at the end of which you will get the eye.

He’s not fat! He’s … !
To collect the remains of Fluffy you neet to get an encounter called 'Fay's fluffy'. Choose option (1) "THAT'S MY FLUFFY! MINE!".

Going for Gold! / Settling for Silver!
Early on in the story, in an encounter you will be asked to pick between a feather or a figurine. Pick the figurine. Later you will get another encounter called 'The honest captain'. Picking option 1 will give you the gold figurine (and the related achievement), option 2 will give you the silver figurine (and the related achievement). Reload your last save and pick the other option if you want to get both of these in 'one' playthrough.

Gotta go… uh, wham!
This is related to the Doctor Who encounters. You need to collect the sonic hammer but remember that if you do you won't be able to hire Dr Who. During the encounter 'Who', pick option (3) "Hmm... Yeah, i think i do." Reload your most recent save if you want the trophy below as well without playing the entire game again:

Dr. What!
To get him you need to pick the right option across 3 different encounters
1 encounter 'Who?', option (1) "Uh... Yeah! Of course"
2 encounter 'What?', option (1) "Okay! Where is it?"
3 encounter 'Doctor What' option (1) "Hand him the... Oh."

Her hair was Pink!
This is an item related to the adventure of the cat. In the first encounter, the cat will come across a nest. You have to pick the option that mentions the small birds, option 3 (don't get confused with the option that mentions the nest, that one will give you just 10 starch). This will give you the dead mouse and the achievement.

Go! Chillimander! / Get ‘em! Squirturnip! / Let’s go! Broccosaur! / We are the Champions!

This is all related to an encounter early on in the game where you have to choose which patamon you pick as yours. The encounter is called 'Wanna be the Very Best' and picking 1 of the 3 options will give you the related patamon. 
I recommend option 2, Squirturnip because you will need to win a couple of battles with it to get the 4th achievement 'We are the Champions!', and i know only the combinations of attacks for him.
First fight: Water Spout
Second fight: Aqua Pulse
Third fight: Head Ram
Fourth fight: Snow Storm. If you win the 4th fight you will get the Magenta League Champion Belt and the achievement.

I would advise to pick option 1, then reload your recent save and pick option 3 when you get the encounter again. Then reload the save a last time and pick option 2 and keep on playing with that patamon to win the league using the encounter options above.

In a bit of a Pickle!

To collect the Jar of Pickles you need to get the encounter called 'We Are (Not) Alone'. Option (3) "Trust Cassie to talk to the two girls and patch them up instead" You will get the achievement and the jar of pickles BUT you won't be able to get the 2 crew members that are related to another 2 achievements. So choose this, reload your save and then do the following to get all trophies:

Azuka Kyuryu! / Kyurei Anayami!

This is related to the encounter in which you get the Jar of Pickles. If you pick option (4) "Ask Azuka and Kyurei about Shunji" you will get both the crew members.

Love is the way forward! / Spirited Today!
Rainbow Gem and Sanguine Paragon are story related. In stage 7 Jailbreak (main story) you will be asked if you want to go where Cassie wants to go or where Fay does. 
Choosing Fay will get you the Sanguine Paragon in stage 9 The Crimson Ruins.
Choosing Cassie will get you the Rainbow Gem in stage 9 The Edge of the Universe.
At the end of your 1st playthrough reload to Stage 7: Jailbreak and choose the option that will give you the one you're missing. Play again following the other path until you get the one you're missing

Book of Dead Names.

This is also story related. In stage 3, after exploring the strange planet that will lead you to the secret story line path, you will get a hard fight. At the end of it you will get the Necronomicon and the achievement. 

Hire Barbrie!
In the first 2-3 galaxies you will get the encounter and possibility of hiring her. Pick option 1 ( i think) and you will get a very usefull Craftsmaster and the achievement.

Hire Silver Spudder!
In the beginning of the story line you will get the encounter called 'Who's There?'. Pick option (1) "Spudovah Witnesses maybe?" (Opens the airlock) and you will hire him.

Hire Tarth Tater! / Kale-o Ren!
Toward the second part of the story you will get the encounter 'Shades of Red'. Option (1) Crimson gives you Kale, option (2) will give you Tarth Tater. So choose one, then reload your recent save again.

Einny!

In the encounter 'Stray Potato Dog Strut' pick option (1) "He's more then qualified! Let's take him on!".

I actually still have to unlock the last trophy (hiring Einny) but after playing this game for what feels like eternity I was a bit burnt out. I might try it again soon though. If you happen to unlock him, could you tell me what galaxy/stage you were on? It might be the same for me...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kapitein said:

Alright, 'We're in Space' is absolutely nothing alike the Weapon Shop-game. It's a totally different game, the only thing that's similar is it's potato-'lore'. It's been a while since I've played, but looking at my trophy list and checking some stuff online this should cover all the 'basics'.

Wooow! Thanks a lot for this! It’s basically a mini trophy guide!!

If you don’t mind, could you post this on the We’re In Space forum so others can see it more easily? I’d do it myself, but I don’t want to take credit for it.  *Edit* Nevermind, I see you already did. ?

I haven’t started Space or Weapon Shop yet, gotta finish up some other games first. But this’ll definitely make things much easier. Thanks a ton!

Edited by CookeKeyes

On 6/7/2020 at 9:17 PM, CookeKeyes said:

If you don’t mind, could you post this on the We’re In Space forum so others can see it more easily? I’d do it myself, but I don’t want to take credit for it.  *Edit* Nevermind, I see you already did. 1f605.png

Haha I was typing this out for you and then figured 'hey this might help people looking at the actual game on psnp' so posted it there as well ;-) 

Best of luck buddy! Let me know how it went!

• 1 year later...

If anyone’s still following this, I need help! I’m in the second world, with all heroes maxed out, but can’t complete the current legendary request (Kratos’, with something like 1250/750 needed). What am I missing? Do I need a massive grind + hiring of unique smiths (I have the only legendary available + Min from the promo code)? Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Put your three workers with the biggest attack stat on red and the biggest speedstats on green (or was ist blue?). Make sure that whoever worker is boosting your stats went on vacation right before, it increases the stats a lot more than when they are unhappy.

Make sure to unlock at least the second job on the jobtree after completing two lower jobs. (Job-Attack on 5 and Speed-Job on 5 so that you can unlock the new job that allows attack and speed-increase. While on lvl 1 this jobclass will be worse than the lower lvl 5 classes you will quickly catch up and overtake the stats

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I think you do have to complete the legendary request in the first world, as I missed Kamen Tater's quest because I wasn't able to finish Cloud's request in the first world. I loaded an old save, grinded until I could finish Cloud's sword, then Kamen Tater showed up. Both Cloud and Kamen Tater carry over to the second world, but if you don't finish Cloud first, you don't get Kamen Tater.

Edited by Darling Baphomet