Just A Flicker and Usurper bug? *spoilers*

Now its going to look like you save hacked!

Had you equipped it at all during the battle?? Its hard to tell the actual trigger, I equip the Zangetsu, but I defeat him with a shard so maybe you just need to have defeated Zangetsu??

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Now its going to look like you save hacked!

Had you equipped it at all during the battle?? Its hard to tell the actual trigger, I equip the Zangetsu, but I defeat him with a shard so maybe you just need to have defeated Zangetsu??

Yeah that's what I'm afraid of

No I didn't equip it at all during the fight since I was just going for Just a Flicker. I simply used my regular weapon and Welcome Company. The moon did glow red when I dealt the killing blow but I have no idea if that was what caused the glitch or not. 

I'm guessing defeating Gebel after defeating Zengetsu and obtaining his sword instead of simply fighting Gebel without ever doing the second Zengetsu fight allowed me to unlock both? Or it's another bug product from the recent patch

Edited by majob

Maybe its like you say, just defeating Zangetsu is the trigger for the next endings.

It does sound a bit like a bug, it shouldnt give u 2 ending trophies at once.

What u could do for future proof if u ever do get reported: go through the game again on a guest account to the point in question, then make a video of both trophies popping, that wil back u up and shouldnt take long

• Like 1

One visit to GameFaqs later has revealed to me that beating Gebel with Zantetsu in your possession but not using  it can net you both endings and both trophies since Usurper occurs after Just a Flicker

Yeah, the least conversome way to get all the trophies regarding this boss fight is to

1- Face him as soon as you can (obviously, save first) without having beaten Zangetsu a second time and without having Zangetsuto.

2- Another fight after True Zangetsu but don't slice the red moon so you get 2nd bad ending.

3- Finally, third time's the charm: slash the red moon without killing Gebel and proceed to the true final section of the game.

1 hour ago, Eremoto said:

Yeah, the least conversome way to get all the trophies regarding this boss fight is to

1- Face him as soon as you can (obviously, save first) without having beaten Zangetsu a second time and without having Zangetsuto.

2- Another fight after True Zangetsu but don't slice the red moon so you get 2nd bad ending.

3- Finally, third time's the charm: slash the red moon without killing Gebel and proceed to the true final section of the game.

You can actually face Zangetsu the second time and obtain his weapon and then fight Gebel and simply just not use the Zentesuto and you'll get both endings and trophies. No need to do three separate runs.