How to win games online?

TheHarryGamer99

Besides the obvious which is get good and practice has anyone got any advice for winning games in FUT rivals and in particular defending? It seems to me that despite having decent center backs (Laporte (84) and Alderweireld (87)) the opponents forwards run past them easily when I am not controlling them, costing me a lot of wins and draws and therefore points as a result. I mean losing wins to better players and by making mistakes is one thing but when you lose this way is another and I do not understand it.

2 hours ago, TheHarryGamer99 said:

It seems to me that despite having decent center backs (Laporte (84) and Alderweireld (87)) the opponents forwards run past them easily when I am not controlling them

... You answered your own question.

• 1 month later...
On 11-7-2019 at 10:31 PM, TheHarryGamer99 said:

Besides the obvious which is get good and practice has anyone got any advice for winning games in FUT rivals and in particular defending? It seems to me that despite having decent center backs (Laporte (84) and Alderweireld (87)) the opponents forwards run past them easily when I am not controlling them, costing me a lot of wins and draws and therefore points as a result. I mean losing wins to better players and by making mistakes is one thing but when you lose this way is another and I do not understand it.

I am by no means a good player (usually I get to DIV 6 or 5) but I'll try: when it comes to defending I usually put pressure on the ball with "Teammate Contain" (R1) while trying to provide back cover with my controlled player, usually by cutting off passing lanes.