Good news for BCES-00509 owners (mostly germans, french, italians and dutch but also other europeans)

cris3f

There's at least 3 different versions of Uncharted 2 disks in Europe, BCES-00509, BCES-00727 and BCES-00757.

The majority seem to be BCES-00727 and the DLCs in most european stores only work with these disks. If you had a BCES-00509 (which has available languages in game english, german, french, italian and dutch) you could use a german secondary account to download the free pack from the german PS Store. Unfortunately it was incomplete as the Siege and extra maps would not become available in game.

I bugged Naughty Dog and amazingly one month later I got an answer and even more amazingly they have acknowledged and corrected the problem. If you download now the free UC 2 pack from the german store you'll get all DLC, maps and modes working in the 00509 version. I don't know if they have corrected the issue on the other affected stores. At least the one on the german store I can assure it fully works. You can't download the pack from inside the game, you have to use the store app.

The download has around 20 files, put in background and you can safely cancel 5 ones that have a gigantic filename that will say they only work with the 0727 disks. It's better to download all the others, just in case.

I don't own any 757 disk, I don't know if these got lucky too.

Better late than ever, DLC for UC2 was always a mess in several euro countries. 

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 4

You could probably know which digital version you have by checking the link in the store with a browser, as the BCES code is usually showed. But I guess the game is now only available as a pack with the DLC and it's a different code. I don't know how you can find the BCES code for a digital game you have and that is no longer available in the store.

But try it you'll see if it works, as it will tell once you launch multiplayer after the install that an expansion and maps have been found. If it didn't there will be a message saying DLC is available and if you want it (but can't get it this way).

Edited by cris3f

Hah! I just discovered it yesterday: ALL EU accounts now have an option to download from PSS DLC related to 509 and 727 version!

Just check description of the file you are about to download!

After ~8 years lol!

727? A majority? This one is UK only or I am mistaken? 509 is most common in EU I presume.

(I have 509, 727 and digital... And still hoping to get 100% before 3th of Sep.)

https://www.gametdb.com/PS3/BCES00509
https://www.gametdb.com/PS3/BCES00727
https://www.gametdb.com/PS3/BCES00757

Good news, thx!!

Edited by Smashero

2 hours ago, Smashero said:

727? A majority? This one is UK only or I am mistaken? 509 is most common in EU I presume.

727 was the one sold in my country. But my disks were 509's. When I tried to find the 509 DLCs only stores that I found it were the german, french and italian ones, but they were all incomplete. I had searched almost all others (forgot dutch at the time), they all had the 727 DLCs, even the paid ones, and I assumed this was the version sold elsewhere.