Freeze Issues

Floriiss

Currently I'm playing through the campaign mode (GT EXTREME races) and the game has randomly frozen on me several times during these races. Once it's frozen I cannot move the car, but somehow I can still navigate through the menu's and such. I've been trying to solve this issue by selecting multiple options in the menu and even going back to the pits, but that doesn't help. Once the screen freezes I simply cannot move my car anymore.

Might this issue be caused due to the new 1.22 patch update? The last time I played Assetto Corsa was back in 2017 and at that point the game hasn't frozen on me a single time. I'm pretty sure the new patch update might cause this issue.

Anyone else has experienced this issue or might know a solution to this?

7 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Currently I'm playing through the campaign mode (GT EXTREME races) and the game has randomly frozen on me several times during these races. Once it's frozen I cannot move the car, but somehow I can still navigate through the menu's and such. I've been trying to solve this issue by selecting multiple options in the menu and even going back to the pits, but that doesn't help. Once the screen freezes I simply cannot move my car anymore.

Might this issue be caused due to the new 1.22 patch update? The last time I played Assetto Corsa was back in 2017 and at that point the game hasn't frozen on me a single time. I'm pretty sure the new patch update might cause this issue.

Anyone else has experienced this issue or might know a solution to this?

Haven't had any issues but haven't played the GT EXTREME series yet. Probably a problem with your wheels firmware? 

8 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Haven't had any issues but haven't played the GT EXTREME series yet. Probably a problem with your wheels firmware? 

Wheels firmware? I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to a steering wheel? If so, I don't use any. I'm using a Dualshock 4 controller.

I've been doing some research and it seems that more people have this issue after the 1.22 patch update. I am very positive the new patch update caused the game to freeze. As of now I think the only solution would be to go back to patch 1.00 and from there on keep on playing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

This seems like a good topic to drop this weird thing that happened to me this morning.

After I had won a GT Extreme race at Monza I got sent back to the pits. There the game slowed down to a point where a single second in game took about 2 real minutes to pass. At first I thought it had frozen, but time just went by very slowly.

These long races are boring enough already and I really did not want to have to run the whole thing again. So I just kept the game running. After about two hours the game showed the end of race classification. Despite some weird lags I got sent back to the menu in the end and the win did register. Phew I guess!