Does idling still work for companions and meditation?

VoidVictorious

20 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Hey i am out of town til friday night but have wanted to 100% this game. If u need someone to play through the game with you I can do it saturday or sunday

I will be around during the day. Message me your availability and add me on psn. I want people to continue suggesting methods though, it is always nice to get community support!! Any other ideas are welcome!

1 minute ago, VoidVictorious said:

I will be around during the day. Message me your availability and add me on psn. I want people to continue suggesting methods though, it is always nice to get community support!! Any other ideas are welcome!

I will add you tomorrow. 

On 7/31/2019 at 6:00 PM, clickclick-uhoh said:

yes that is the basic concept. I mostly did it on mountain chapter to help people with companion trophy. sat on the first little rock hill just after the mini cutscene and waited for them until we connected.

Can you do that on the PS3 as well since you cannot really suspend the game and turn off internet?

26 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Can you do that on the PS3 as well since you cannot really suspend the game and turn off internet?

I think you can either unplug ethernet cable/turn off modem or sign out of psn and resign back in. I have the ps3 version and could try it with you if you need help I suppose

18 minutes ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

I think you can either unplug ethernet cable/turn off modem or sign out of psn and resign back in. I have the ps3 version and could try it with you if you need help I suppose

One other guy is helping me out but having two people available is huge! Are you on now? I can be available in 20 minutes.

19 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

One other guy is helping me out but having two people available is huge! Are you on now? I can be available in 20 minutes.

I cant because I havent finished the game on ps3 yet I dont think. I will check

I just checked I dont have access to an account that already beat it. I will try to rush through it on my main so i can help. send me a fr if you want

Edited by clickclick-uhoh

17 minutes ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

I cant because I havent finished the game on ps3 yet I dont think. I will check

I just checked I dont have access to an account that already beat it. I will try to rush through it on my main so i can help. send me a fr if you want

I thought white coats couldn’t play with red coats.

white coats cant play with first time redcoats. you can turn off your white cloak though. edit: I should say they dont seem to be able to. I'm no expert on this game

I will also say i have done the ps4 version on this account and would be able to help on that if needed

3 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Wait, can we still do this? 

The Ps3 I beat Journey on isn't the one I am using now so I am at the beginning. Do I need to beat it first?

can do what? not really necessary to beat it first. but you must be at the same place as the person you are trying to join. It's easier once you have neaten the game because you can chapter select to the same chapter

Just now, clickclick-uhoh said:

not really. but you must be at the same place as the person you are trying to join. It's easier once you have neaten the game because you can chapter select to the same chapter

I see :hmm:

@VoidVictorious I could beat the game tonight but that means we couldn't run through it until maybe tomorrow (or if you can stay up really late then we can do it later tonight. What is your timezone?

5 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I see :hmm:

@VoidVictorious I could beat the game tonight but that means we couldn't run through it until maybe tomorrow (or if you can stay up really late then we can do it later tonight. What is your timezone?

I think he already completed it. But I would be able to help you as I still need the trophy on this account anyway. @Dr_Mayus

• 3 weeks later...

Found this can be useful, comes from the main designer of the game:

"

Jenova Chen (Official Rep) over 7 years ago
Connect Conditions: 

1. Distance requirement - It is determined by the distance between the two players inside the same level. If they are too close or too far, the server won't connect them. But if they are in a nice range so that one player won't suddenly appear next to another player, then the server will connect the two players. 

2. Synchronization requirement - If player 1 has opened certain world changing event and player 2 hasn't changed it. The server won't connect them. Only when both player's world are roughly in the same state, then the server will connect the two players. 

Disconnect Conditions: 

Server will disconnect two players if they are too far away from each other for more than 30 seconds. It will also disconnect if one player has stopped playing the game or lost his/her Internet connection.
"

I finished this on th PS4 from 0 with a player that had already finished the whole game, and had all trophies.

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 1