The 10 Time Consuming Battle Trophies

Right now I'm at 898 of the 900 Battle Trophies, a lot are time consuming, but here's the 10 that are, in my opinion, a pain:

EDGE: 084 - Defeat 15,000 Enemies

EDGE: 093 - Defeat 30,000 Enemies

FAIZE: 093 - Fight 3,000 Battles

FAIZE: 100 - Defeat 55 Grigori

LYMLE: 100 - Defeat The Ethereal Queen Within 10 Minutes

BACCHUS: 096 - Obtain 255 Robotics Item Drops

MERACLE: 093 - Obtain 255 Ornithology Item Drops

SARAH: 098 - Revive An Incapacitated Ally 999 Times

ARUMAT: 089 - Defeat 15,000 Enemies

ARUMAT: 098 - Defeat 30,000 Enemies

The only 2 I have left are Faize's Defeat 55 Grigori & Lymle's Defeat The Ethereal Queen Within 10 Minutes. I'm up to 13 Grigori from the Cave of the Seven Stars, I also have a save from before I defeated The Ethereal Queen with 2 wings on Earth difficulty, ready to go, it's time consuming in case you don't do it and have to do the Wandering Dungeon again.

I literally just got Meracle's 255 Ornithology Item Drops like 30 minutes ago, got them in the Cave of the Seven Stars from Crater Perytons & Guiafairos, from their rare drops. Bacchus' 255 Robotics Item Drops I got in the Cardionon Mothership from a save I had from before, by fighting Guard Bot "Assaulters" & Armed Dragoons, from their rare drops. These are time consuming because you can't get easy drops for Geostones in the Wandering Dungeon. Sarah's Revive An Incapacitated Ally 999 Times can be done at the beginning of the Wandering Dungeon, a trick with 1 Acid Geral. Faize's Fight 3,000 Battles I did by fighting to get 100% for every Monster, I have 100% analyzed for all, except for the Ethereal Queen, in which I have 90%, will get 100% for her with Lymle's final Battle Trophy.

Lastly I did Edge & Arumat's Defeat 15,000 & 30,000 Enemies with a Turbo Controller and rubber bands, at the entrance to the Palace of Creation, if done right, you go in a continuous loop. Took like a week, because I did it when I was asleep or not at the TV, no way was I going to do that repetitive boring myself. By the time it was all done, it was about 100 - 120 hours total, just for those 4.

I'll probably take a little break and finish the final 2 later, I always go back and forth with this game, one of my all time favorites. I'm curious where other people are at, and what is their least favorite Battle Trophies.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1

Well I guess it's not my place to comment since I don't have the game nor have played any star ocean game yet so I apologize beforehand. I think what you selected from the battle trophies are likely gonna be my least favorite. I'm mostly just curious on your thoughts on the game and why it's been given a 9/10 platinum difficulty rating since the list seems more grindy at first glance. I'll probably start SO5 before this one making it my first in the series.

10 hours ago, Whitelightnin683 said:

Well I guess it's not my place to comment since I don't have the game nor have played any star ocean game yet so I apologize beforehand. I think what you selected from the battle trophies are likely gonna be my least favorite. I'm mostly just curious on your thoughts on the game and why it's been given a 9/10 platinum difficulty rating since the list seems more grindy at first glance. I'll probably start SO5 before this one making it my first in the series.

Oh you'll enjoy the series, the stories and Characters are great. At least with the 100 Battle Trophies for Integrity & Faithlessness, they carry over from every playthrough and combined in 1 list. What I mean by that is in one Battle Trophy, it's 1,000,000 Hits, they carry over with a new playthrough, even if you go back and forth with saves. In The Last Hope, there's 100 for each 9 Characters and no carry overs, but you can go back and forth with your saves by loading because it's saved in the system file, once Battle Trophies, Weapons and Enemies are earned.

It's a 9/10 Platinum Rating, with 10 being the most difficult, because it's very time consuming, not really difficult, some of these Battle Trophies are absurd. If Battle Trophies aren't your thing, at least play these games for the story.

Edited by Nitemares-----

I'd say that list sounds just about right, when it actually comes down to the most tedious ones. You could also throw Edge's 255 Anthropology drops in there as that took quite awhile too. The 999 specific enemy kills were a little tedious too but nothing compared to the above 10. At least Lymle's 'defeat EQ in 10 min' one required some skill and not just pure grind, although getting to the EQ could be a grind in itself, especially if you don't manage to succeed the first time around. I used to think some of the specific damage BTs were going to give me a lot trouble, but they weren't actually all that bad, if you know what you're doing.

Good job on the BTs. The plat is within reach :)

Edited by Dankey Shaun
  • Like 1

Grindy to say the least.  But I like the series despite some of its repetitiveness and shortcomings.  Glad Star Ocean 5 backed off a bit on the battle trophies.  The 55 Grigoris is the biggest pain.  The remainder were all right.  Have not played the PS4 version though.  Does it crash during ambushes when you spam Arumat's Dragon Roar or any ambush really?  That was the most frustrating thing about the PS3 version.  Took me four or five years to get the platinum on the PS3 version.  Will play the PS4 version from time to time and expect to take that long, too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hunterseekeralgo said:

Grindy to say the least.  But I like the series despite some of its repetitiveness and shortcomings.  Glad Star Ocean 5 backed off a bit on the battle trophies.  The 55 Grigoris is the biggest pain.  The remainder were all right.  Have not played the PS4 version though.  Does it crash during ambushes when you spam Arumat's Dragon Roar or any ambush really?  That was the most frustrating thing about the PS3 version.  Took me four or five years to get the platinum on the PS3 version.  Will play the PS4 version from time to time and expect to take that long, too.

When I played it, the game never crashed on me, even when doing a gazillion Dragon Roars. I've read about others who played both versions had that same positive experience as well and would recommend this one over the PS3 version.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Dankey Shaun said:

When I played it, the game never crashed on me, even when doing a gazillion Dragon Roars. I've read about others who played both versions had that same positive experience as well and would recommend this one over the PS3 version.

In spite of the challenges with crashing particularly in the Wandering Dungeon and when farming Miracles' ornithology drops, this is the most satisfying platinum I have achieved.

• Like 2

Yeah this will be my most satisfying Platinum when I get it, been playing since like 2 weeks after its release, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through all that again, but I did haha. I've never had the game crash once for anything I did, PS3 & PS4 versions. I didn't put Edge's 255 Drops on the list, because you can get it pretty easy while doing the trick for the 15,000 & 30,000 Battle Trophies.

I have 894/900 Battle Trophies for the PS3 version, only missing Edge & Arumat's 15,000 & 30,000, Lymle's Ethereal Queen In 10 Minutes & Faize's 55 Grigori. I might finish for the Platinum on that after PS4 Platinum, especially cause I have a turbo controller compatible with PS3 & PS4. But the problem with that is, I'm on the wrong difficulties for the Ethereal Queen one and don't have a 2 winged save, so I'd probably have to go through another playthrough to do it on Earth.

Edited by Nitemares-----

I would limit the list of most time consuming to these 6 personally:

Edge-093: Defeat 30,000 enemies
Faize-093: Fight 3,000 battles
Faize-100: Defeat 55 Grigori
Bacchus-096: Obtain 255 Robotics item drops
Meracle-093: Obtain 255 Ornithology item drops
Arumat-098: Defeat 30,000 enemies

Every other BT takes less than 5 hours or is earned while working on one of the above 6. Although, I combined Edge's 30k kills with Faize's 3k battles, so maybe you could take Faize's battles off the list. It's also pretty easy to get Arumat kills while working on Meracle's and Bacchus's drops.

You can save a lot of time on Sarah's revives by having 3 characters wear 1 HP armor so they die constantly, turning off all of Sarah's spells except Restoration, and keeping her off manual. Then all you have to do is switch control off Sarah and she will immediately cast Restoration, then switch back before she finishes to take credit for the cast.

Lymle-100 is definitely the most difficult battle trophy, but I'd put in a different category.

• 2 weeks later...

You can always use Cronus Max controller mod for the grindy trophies. since you can program stuff with it (button press order/combo) and it'll be safe if you put your character in the coliseum since its on the town and you can use delay commands for abilities and earn an almost full regen tile. did my arumat and edge 30k using this method, yes its longer but I dont have to ruin my controller doing so. also figuring out the exact angle for the left stick is also an option with cronus max but I opted for the easier but longer way. Earned all the -ology drops using the coliseum lol. Just spent time with the gimmicky status crap/blindsides/special attacks.

• 5 weeks later...

Just replying to my old topic since it has to do with the title. I ended up getting Lymle's (the game) most difficult Battle Trophy yesterday afternoon, "Defeat the Ethereal Queen within 10 minutes", I beat her in like 6 minutes. Only 1 more Battle Trophy to go, Faize's "Defeat 55 Grigori", as of right now, I've defeated 20 Grigori. This will be my most satisfying Platinum.

IMG-20190917-182135.jpg

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 4

On 9/18/2019 at 5:51 AM, Nitemares----- said:

Just replying to my old topic since it has to do with the title. I ended up getting Lymle's (the game) most difficult Battle Trophy yesterday afternoon, "Defeat the Ethereal Queen within 10 minutes", I beat her in like 6 minutes. Only 1 more Battle Trophy to go, Faize's "Defeat 55 Grigori", as of right now, I've defeated 20 Grigori. This will be my most satisfying Platinum.

IMG-20190917-182135.jpg

Nice!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 7:36 PM, aranhaFEILONG said:

Finally in the 90% of Battle Trophies.  There is still a long road to platinum, i hope to earn this final trophies

It took me on and off for about 7 months, to get the Ultimate Battler Trophy, plus my Platinum. You need 90 Battle Trophies between Master & Ultimate Battler, I got the first 45 towards 100% pretty fast, it was the last 45 that took a while. I could have done it faster, but I also had other games to play. The picture is when I got my Platinum and the final Battle Trophy last month, Faize's Defeat 55 Grigori.

Good luck with 100%, you'll get it in no time.

20190920-055944.jpg

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 3

On 24/10/2019 at 4:14 AM, Nitemares----- said:

It took me on and off for about 7 months, to get the Ultimate Battler Trophy, plus my Platinum. You need 90 Battle Trophies between Master & Ultimate Battler, I got the first 45 towards 100% pretty fast, it was the last 45 that took a while. I could have done it faster, but I also had other games to play. The picture is when I got my Platinum and the final Battle Trophy last month, Faize's Defeat 55 Grigori.

Good luck with 100%, you'll get it in no time.

20190920-055944.jpg

i'm after this platinum trophy since February lol.

Now I don't think about giving up anymore, because I spent over 600 hours on it.  I also had to play other games, if I played only SO4, it would drive me crazy.

Congrats for the platinum and nice pic, finishing this game it is not for anyone!

Edited by MegaMegu__
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aranhaFEILONG said:

Any tips for Bac-074?

"Deal exactly 65,536 points of damage"

I've tried the SD3K with ATK 4943 method and no results, is there some reliable method, or just pure luck?

This BT is the only left for Bacchus!

Most of the exact Battle Trophies are usually pure luck, but I found an easy way for this, it was one of the ones I couldn't get by luck, your attack on that method is off by 7.

Deal exactly 65,536 damage:
4,936 ATK , 99,999HP
Use a Self-Destructor 3000 next to the first spider enemies on Aeos.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Nitemares-----

Just a short question:

Are the saves compatible between the ps4 stacks? I've found somebody and his last 2 missing trophies are get 50% of the quests done and defeat the ethernal Queen.

Its impossible to get these as the last trophies to my mind ? are there glitched trophies in the PS4 Version??

Greetings from Germany ??

51 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

@Nitemares-----

Just a short question:

Are the saves compatible between the ps4 stacks? I've found somebody and his last 2 missing trophies are get 50% of the quests done and defeat the ethernal Queen.

Its impossible to get these as the last trophies to my mind 1f605.png are there glitched trophies in the PS4 Version?1f914.png

Greetings from Germany ?1f3fb.png

Saves compatible between PS4 stacks? Are you talking about regional games? Like Star Ocean The Last Hope in USA, Japan, EU, etc. Pretty sure they have their own separate Trophy lists.

I don't know, either it was a glitch, or they tried to find a shortcut / hack with grinding and it backfired. They could try to start a new game and see if they could get those Trophies, but it may already be too late for the 50% of Quests Trophy, if they already have the 100% of Quests Trophy.

I had no problems ever with any glitches and Trophies not popping, both on the PS3 or PS4 USA Remastered versions that I've played. As far as I know, there are no glitches in this game.

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 1