I Swear It's My First Time easier on NG+?

soniq

I doubt it. The candle IS the power of true sight.

The point of the trophy is getting through the room without lighting it up. It would be weird if you could get it in NG+ just by playing normally. I'd be very surprised if it worked, but you're probably not going to find many people who tested it, since it's not really worth risking an extra playthrough for.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just cleared this trophy.   It took me about two hours worth of attempts to clear it.  The worst part is that I cleared all the obstacles but in trying to get to the crystal I fell to my death.  I then spent about 45 minutes getting back to that point.  I felt like a complete doofus when I fell.  Still, I managed to get back there and clear.  Also, I found that toward the end, the layout was recalled nearly by muscle memory, it was pulling off the moves that was the issue.  Still, earning the trophy was so satisfying.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

For anyone playing through the game in 2023, just get this trophy out of the way during your first time through.  It's tough but doable, and it's really the only roadblock to the Platinum.  Save the "No Argument Here" trophy for NG+ using the Voodoo Mask once you 100% the main game and DLC

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/22/2023 at 10:15 AM, JoeMaMa81 said:

I just did this the other day in maybe 45 minutes.  I recommend watching these two videos of the dark and lit caves move by move and following along.

I found the first video helpful when I did this trophy, as Bryan8402 included a small map at the bottom of his run that came in super clutch for identifying how to progress through the hardest points. But still took me a good bit of trial and error. Thankfully, the Dark Cave is a super short section, and there is even wiggle room for error thanks to the rope dart, double jump, and gliding mechanics as long as you're quick to recognize and react to a botched attempt.