Glitched game = glitched trophies

bud-arc

The game was just released yesterday and it was already on version 1.03. I noticed people have already started unlocking trophies since weeks ago, so I'm guessing those were testers? In my opinion, this never should have been released because I ran into numerous glitches which forced me to quit the game multiple times. Finally, 8 hours in, I hit a completely gamebreaking bug where I can't even proceed anymore (the interact buttons won't do anything and walking to new areas cause me to walk offscreen (without switching screens), so now I'm stuck. Before that, I had problems purchasing items because it wouldn't allow me to highlight them. Basically, every time I had to restart the game, it would get more and more broken.

There are four 0.0% trophies right now, and I can confirm half of these are glitched (all four if you count the fact that I couldn't purchase necessary items due to a glitch).

BRIGHT SPARK
Complete all R&D Projects    

CHANGING ROOMS
Renovate all Rooms and Departments    

UNSPUN
100% Cortex Restoration    

SNAPPY DRESSER
Complete your Wardrobe

Wait until this gets fixed because it's completely fucking aggravating to have spent so much time only for it to shit out on me more than 3/4 of the way through. Serves me right for buying a game on launch.

Edited by bud-arc

I'm having the exact same problems as you described. I can't finish it either because now it won't let me in the last room. 

It just had a new patch but that didn't help at all.

All the saving and quiting I've done to try and work around the bugs has messed my stats up too. My cortex is now saying 103% on it. 

Yeah, I just tried again too. As of version 1.05, it's still not fixed (stuck in the exact same place as before).

Interestingly, a few people have been able to unlock scene 9. I can't even get past when Part Four: Clarity starts (directly after scene 8). I've now hit all the requirements for three of the achievements listed above and still haven't unlocked their respective trophies. My cortex is way past the expiration, too. For Snappy Dresser, has anyone been able to locate the last bowtie? (I'm assuming it comes as part of natural story progression, but I haven't got there yet...)

I've been in contact with support, so they're aware of everything. I'll keep this thread updated if there is any news.

Edited by bud-arc

Thanks for the info. Version 1.06 -- same patch notes as before. I probably won't get to it until later this weekend, but maybe some else can be the guinea pig? I was waiting for confirmation from the dev to see if my particular issues have been sorted yet.

Damn

Was hoping I could get back to this but going to wait for another patch and official word from devs. As much as I love indie games compared to the handful of AAA games I play per year you're really taking a gamble when it comes to indies and devs keeping it patched. Not sure if anyone has ever played Shiny but that has a handful of glitched trophies that'll likely never be fixed. In March of 2018 they said they were working on it and here we are well over a year later. 

So has anyone actually beat the game? Can you continue playing afterwards or does it all have to be done in one go?

7 hours ago, TwiceOnSundays said:

Still won't let me in the control room to actually finish it with the latest patch on my current save.

I was afraid of that. This game has so many issues, I doubt one patch would knock them all out. Steam users have been reporting a lot of the same bugs (and then some) and have received steady updates, but it's still not fixed yet for them. I was thinking about reinstalling the game and starting a fresh new save (in case some glitches got  "grandfathered" in), but it's probably best to wait for patch notes that include "major gameplay fixes."

1 hour ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

So has anyone actually beat the game? Can you continue playing afterwards or does it all have to be done in one go?

Out of the 19 players on PSNProfiles who currently own the game, it appears only two people have unlocked scene 10 (and likely beat the game). Since this is a story-based narrative, I expect you would have to do it all in one go (and is very much attainable, as long as trophies unlock as they're supposed to). Here are some updated analytics on the trophies that glitched for me:

2 people have unlocked BRIGHT SPARK (Complete all R&D Projects)

2 people have unlocked UNSPUN (100% Cortex Restoration)   

1 person has unlocked SNAPPY DRESSER (Complete your Wardrobe) [I never found the last bowtie, so maybe this isn't a glitch]

0 people (and the key to the platinum) have unlocked CHANGING ROOMS (Renovate all Rooms and Departments)

Hopefully some of those players can elaborate on the conditions met to unlock those, or if they just got lucky.

I just wasted another day on this shit because apparently I hate myself. I noticed someone recently managed to unlock all trophies (91%) except for Changing Rooms so I figured something must have gotten fixed and I could at least finally finish the story. I deleted all my save and application data and restarted from the beginning (for the third time). Well, wasting another 3-4 hours, I got stuck at an even earlier point than before. It keeps telling me I need to go visit the Memory Bank before I can go to sleep, but I've already unlocked all available memories (and this is before "hidden" Memory 13, which unlocks later). I have 9 available memories and there is absolutely no way to proceed so I'm fucked all over again.

At the very least, I managed to unlock Snappy Dresser, so that one isn't glitched. I was much more careful during this run and made sure I had enough money before buying things in bulk (to address the fact that you sometimes can't buy items later). That gave me the comic book I was missing which in turn landed me the last bowtie (and trophy). Still have yet to unlock Scene 9, Scene 10, Bright Spark and Unspun. Another stupid bug happened where the Atrium was stuck in repair at 99% for days but never finished, which would have invalidated Changing Rooms anyway (the only trophy that is still at 0.0%). 

TL;DR: This game is still FUCKED two weeks after release, and three patches later. The devs and publisher haven't made much of an effort to communicate with me. Last I heard from Jamin, "The PS4 patch should be landing shortly which addresses a host of problems and trophy unlock issues - I believe this has been addressed in the patch." No concrete date of course -- and it will require my fourth playthrough from scratch. The novelty has already worn way off and I'm pissed that I actually spent money on this pile of bugs.

---

EDIT: Just did my fourth and fifth playthrough because now I'm PISSED. Bright Spark unlocked for me this time, despite not doing so on my first two playthroughs. This time on my fourth, I got stuck in EXACTLY the same place as the first two times. I loaded a save file from a couple hours earlier and played through again and this time I miraculously got to unlock Scene 9 at the Dream Theater. But then, lo and fuckin' behold, the same thing happened; I can't click or walk anywhere anymore and the game is effectively broken. I tried reloading my save and trying again and nothing...still stuck from before scene 9. And now I can't seem to unlock memories 10-12 anymore. I fucking hate this game so much. This is what it's come to. To those who managed to unlock Scene 10 and finish the game: what is the key? What am I doing wrong here?

---

EDIT 2: After trying to “fix” the game by saving and quitting/force-quitting and restarting the app, Unspun randomly popped up on the menu screen after the 5th or 6th time. I must have had at least 108% cortex power by that time. I’m still stuck between scene 8 and 9; I’ve tried three more times from a backup save but I can’t recreate my earlier success. I’m now convinced I’ve played this game more than any of the testers. At this point, it feels like my brain is recovering from massive trauma. It’s been an absolutely miserable experience. 

Edited by bud-arc
FML

Just started this game today and I can say the concept is interesting but wtf is happening with those trophies? I reached the point where you can end the game but I wanted to get the other trophies first so I did. First I couldn't buy the second comic. Then I couldn't go anywhere. It says I have to go to the bar but I can't go. So I can't get the last bowtie, can't get the ending trophy. Can't get the Complete all rooms (this one seems to be glitched for everyone). I got the 100% cortex trophy when I reseted the game and had reached 101%. I will try to get the bowtie and the end trophies at least, reloading from a early savefile.

This feels so bad, I want to support indie and small companies games but things like those should be fixed, otherwise no one is gonna buy them again :(

Edit: Using save files I got the Ending trophy. I noted that my game glitched when I bought the Stargaze poster. My recommendation is to upgrade the Store (R&D project) then research new comics BEFORE buying anything other than the 3 initial items. When you have those two done, go to the HR store, buy everything BUT the Stargaze poster. This is the only way to get the 3 bowties, the last one is a reward for gifting the two comics to Teddy.

So I got the last bowtie at least, then realized I was missing tie 5, first one on the second row. Googled it and no one knows how to get it (I read however, people playing on Steam could get the complete all rooms achievement so I guess that's patched on Steam). I revisited every room, completed all projects and rooms, checked every memory but didn't get it, so I don't know what to do anymore.

I will try to test some things, any help will be super welcome if you know how to get the tie I'm missing.

Edit 2: The item glitch has nothing to do with the Stargaze poster. If you go to buy some items and don't buy/don't have the #2 Comic, when you close the store menu and come back, you can't go pass Stargaze poster. So the better approach is to buy everything at the same time.

Still not sure what to do to get the #5 tie tho. Got CP at 101, no tie. Got every room repaired and all projects done, no tie. Unlocked all the memories and no tie. Tried to complete some secondary mission but the game got messed up and have to start all over again. So tired and done with this game tbh.

Edited by yokonika

• 2 months later...

Patch 1.08 purports to fix the trophy issues, but I'm still having the same problems concerning finishing the game. As soon as Part 4 starts, the game goes to shit and I can't do anything. I haven't started over from scratch yet (I had a backup save prior to Part 3), so if you're jumping back into this, save yourself some time and start a new game. Good luck to the first person who gets the platinum.

EDIT: I started a new game and now I'm having a new issue: the Cortex Tablet (where you view all your tasks and use fast travel) is broken. I don't know if the game is still playable in this state. Can anyone else confirm this for me?

EDIT 2: Holy shit, I'm about to have an aneurysm. So I just completed another full playthrough of the game with the broken tablet (no fast travel, so it took longer). Again, I got stuck in the same area outside Ted's room at the beginning of Part 4. I messed around on that screen for hours until I accidentally discovered an exploit to get to other screens. It's so fucking stupid, but this worked for me. Basically line yourself up with whichever hotspot location you want to go (make sure the icon shows up). Hit touchpad to bring up the tablet, then hit X, then immediately hit touchpad and X again to go through the door. I had to do this for the remainder of the game because it wouldn't work otherwise. For areas where I would walk offscreen without changing screens, I would keep hitting touchpad, X, touchpad, X, touchpad, X, touchpad, until the screen finally went black and transported me to a new location. This worked everywhere except when entering Ted's room or going to the right of that hallway (you have to go down the elevator and all the way around). To get back into Ted's room for story progression, I had to save/quit, then continue, and it would start me up in Ted's room and resume the story.

Using this method, I finally beat the fucking game. And guess what? The last trophy (Release) didn't pop for me. It unlocked for other people, pre-patch 1.08, so I don't know if this latest patch messed it up, or my life is just shit.

At what point is "Release" supposed to unlock? Before or after the credits? Are there any other requirements besides beating the game?

Edited by bud-arc

The touchpad glitch worked since release, when it was broken. All you do is s the touchpad once on any screen, then circle to close it. Now, walking off the screen or pressing cross works fine once - then you have to open and close the map Eu again. 

however, when that is required, trophies seem to stop. For me, I got through the game in 1.08 and it only messed up in the final corridor, so a hard close of the game from the dashboard, then continue, fixed it and I got the chapter 10 trophy

version 1.09 has just come out and the touchpad menu is back. So, I’m gonna play it once more as I need the RnD trophy

**edit** just got the platinum!

dunno if it matters, but with the RnD, I just bought one research, research it to completion, then bought the next - doing them one at a time. If you put all your staff on them, they’re computers within a few in-game hours. 

Edited by turniplord

Congrats on the plat. 

I wish someone had mentioned that glitch once during the three months I've been bitching about this game. At the very least, I could have finished the story. Anyway, I tried playing the end scenes again with version 1.09 and again, nothing unlocked (I'm guessing they only fixed the menu). I would have to risk another playthrough (my 10th at this point?) to see if I can actually make it to the end without glitches. But considering the only way I was able to finish it was by using that particular glitch (hitting it only once didn't work for me, I had to keep doing it over and over), it seems unlikely I will get it. "Release" is the only trophy I have left, and I don't understand why glitching to the end (but still viewing the last scene) would invalidate it. I'm really beyond pissed right now.

EDIT: I just gave it one more shot. As usual, the game stopped working at Part 4. turniplord was right, all you have to do is tap tablet once, then close it and the hotspot will work (if you're going offscreen, give it a couple seconds). I'm not sure why it wasn't working this way on 1.08. This game is fucking with my mind. Anyway, since fast travel was working, I used that glitch method sparingly in order to get to the last couple of locations. I made sure I had over 100% cortex and every single task was done. I watched all the FMV sequences patiently, but nothing popped. It's impossible to get to part 4 and not have that hotspot glitch happen to me. I don't know how else to get around it. I feel lost.

EDIT 2: I give up. Fuck this game and fuck my stupid worthless life.

Edited by bud-arc

You wouldn't have been able to finish the story - it let you move around but the trophies didn't pop and the final cutscene was a black screen which locked up - so you never got to see the final conclusion. 

On my playthrough where I got 'release,' I never had over 100 points. I just left as soon as it lett me. If it makes any difference, I never went to the memory centre after finding out about the fight - even though there were new memories, it never actually made me go as I was simply going from working to bed then working then bed until it let me leave. 

Also, I actually got that particular trophy on my version 1.07 playthrough, having to walk everywhere as fast travel was broken. in that one, the only time the movements broke was when I left the workplace early to goto RnD - after I noticed the issue, I force closed the game via the dash and reloaded it - without using the touchpad glitch, that kicked it back into working order and I finished the game. 

Edited by turniplord

It's crazy how many workarounds we've had to find just to make this game halfway functional. I've now played the game from start to finish 3 times (and partially about 15 times). The first time I finished it, I had 100.1% cortex before going through the final door. The trophy didn't pop. The second time I went straight to the end without picking up the last memories and only had about 87% cortex. Still no difference. The third time, I made sure to thoroughly finish every task, pick up all the memories, ties, and finish all the construction and R&D. I also never used save/quit and instead force-quit the game whenever I got stuck (or used fast travel to move somewhere else). That didn't work either. Of course, each playthrough I still had to use the tablet glitch (although, what if you need to look at your tablet for informational purposes, why would that be considered a glitch?). My game must be really broken after all these attempts, especially considering how many people have unlocked Release prior to the latest patches. 

I don't know what to do anymore at this point. A user on the publisher's discord mentioned that you have to do an entire playthrough in one sitting without ever quitting, but that's definitely not possible with all the glitches present in Part 4. I don't know if there's any way to avoid those glitches (force-quitting the game wouldn't fix these issues for me). I made a backup save from right at the end of Part 3 (pre-glitch) that I've been continuing from and trying different things. All the times I've used the tablet glitch (at least in 1.08/1.09), I've at least been able to view all the ending FMV sequences. It just feels extremely unsatisfying with that last trophy not popping.

Edited by bud-arc

The game isn’t long, takes about 2-3 hours to go from beginning to end. Not sure why I’ve not encountered any trophy breaking bugs since the new updates. I did get the trophy for completing the game on 1.07 though, .08 and .09 have released since then so ‘maybe’ that’s an issue? I’ll replay it on another profile if I have time, see what trophies it unlocks

On 11/29/2019 at 0:03 PM, turniplord said:

The game isn’t long, takes about 2-3 hours to go from beginning to end. Not sure why I’ve not encountered any trophy breaking bugs since the new updates. I did get the trophy for completing the game on 1.07 though, .08 and .09 have released since then so ‘maybe’ that’s an issue? I’ll replay it on another profile if I have time, see what trophies it unlocks

I've played it a number of times and it feels closer to 4-5 hours given the fact that you can't skip through FMV sequences and you have to click through tons of dialogue. Also I've found that the more you try to rush through the game, the more it seems to break on you (especially if you do things before you're "supposed" to). Anyway, if you're able to play through it again on another profile, that would be really helpful in determining if the latest patch messed up any other trophies. Maybe we can also take an informal poll here of what region/console people are playing this on to determine if that has anything to do with it. For example, I'm in the NA region and playing on a standard PS4 slim and I've never been able to get past Part Four without glitching ("Release" is the only trophy I have left). 

I encourage anyone who is still having problems -- whether it be unlocking trophies or actually finishing the game -- use this contact form to directly inform Wales Interactive of any bugs. I have basically been the only one complaining to them nonstop and it's obvious that one person alone cannot make a difference. There is strength in numbers (I'm sure when the game eventually goes on sale, there will be a larger player base behind it). I have already been told that they are unable to replicate my issues on their end and that is apparently why they haven't been addressed in any patches yet. Maybe when they realize how many of us are still having the same problems, they'll be more keen to actually fix it.

Edited by bud-arc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 8:23 AM, Im_Not_Banksy said:

I'm stuck in a loop where I can't sleep cos It tells me to go talk to Arnold, even when I go talk to him, view all the memories, I still can't sleep cos It says I haven't spoken to him yet.

Sometimes quitting and relaunching will correct bugs like that. It's usually preferable to close the application without hitting "save and quit" and just continue from whatever the last checkpoint was. Hope that's the worst of the bugs you encounter! I noticed the game is on sale this week so I'm curious if new users will still have the same issues outlined in this thread.