Anyone else experiencing this?

Flex_Da_Brent

Okay so I'm having this issue when playing the side scroller levels where my movement to the right isn't working too well. Crash would often slow down all of a sudden or stop moving entirely even though I'm continiously holding my left analog stick to the far right. I thought it was just part of the controls at first but I don't seem to have this issue at all when moving to the left.

So I was wondering if any of you has experienced the same issue or if my controller is just a bit broken. Probably the latter tbh but I want to be sure before I buy a new controller for nothing.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

Check the movement with the D-Pad as well to be sure. Though it does sound like it's the analog stick. IMO it's a good idea to have a 2nd controller on hand, especially when on sell (<$40).

Also janky controllers are still good. Could use them for D-Pad or games that are not as demanding.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sky_RykerXD said:

Check the movement with the D-Pad as well to be sure. Though it does sound like it's the analog stick. IMO it's a good idea to have a 2nd controller on hand, especially when on sell (<$40).

Also janky controllers are still good. Could use them for D-Pad or games that are not as demanding.

Yeah D-pad doesn't seem to have this problem so I guess I can use that for now even though it will take time to adapt since I'm so used to the analog sticks by now. Will definitely look for a second controller cause it's indeed better to have one anyway. I mean I never noticed this issue before on any other game so I can still use the controller but for such a demanding game like Crash (especially doing the time trials) it became really obvious that something was wrong. 

10 minutes ago, DizzyDavidson said:

Yeah it sounds like the analog stick is worn out. What you described is exactly how my old controller behaves with some games. Switched to a new one and no more problems.

Yup seems like it, I will look for a new one as well, thanks for the help both of you!

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent

• 3 months later...
On 8/31/2019 at 1:17 PM, Flex_Da_Brent said:

Okay so I'm having this issue when playing the side scroller levels where my movement to the right isn't working too well. Crash would often slow down all of a sudden or stop moving entirely even though I'm continiously holding my left analog stick to the far right. I thought it was just part of the controls at first but I don't seem to have this issue at all when moving to the left.

So I was wondering if any of you has experienced the same issue or if my controller is just a bit broken. Probably the latter tbh but I want to be sure before I buy a new controller for nothing.

I experienced the same thing in this game and my analog sticks behave fine in every other game, so it may not be your controller.

For me the problem only occurred in the bonus levels. Was it the same for you? I just used the D-pad for the bonus levels as a workaround, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Edited by ZitMeatloaf
Typos

• 2 weeks later...
On 30-12-2019 at 8:31 PM, ZitMeatloaf said:

I experienced the same thing in this game and my analog sticks behave fine in every other game, so it may not be your controller.

For me the problem only occurred in the bonus levels. Was it the same for you? I just used the D-pad for the bonus levels as a workaround, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Nope it was definitely my controller, bought a new one not long after this post and it worked like a charm :) 

• Like 1