Obel lake secret Trophy not unlocking

I had the same issue, but I looked at the wiki page regarding that questline and it clarified a thing that is easy to miss. 

If Squall stays and chats, the black shadow will relay random statements. Each statement points out clues to a hidden draw point, messages regarding two rare items in the game and some random trivia.

"Back in the day, south of here, there used to be a small but beautiful village surrounded by deep forests. Everyone lived a happy life there."

This points out to a location near Almaj Mountains in Centra. If the player goes there, they should find a forest with clearing. If the player presses X, a message prompts out: ...This place just has rubble lying among the grass... Absolutely nothing... This perhaps refer to one of the many Centra ruins found around the world.

"Oh yeah, do you know what? Take a break at the railroad bridge. I wonder what it means?"

Points out a hidden draw point for the spell Break. The player should head towards the railroad bridge found at the river near Dingo Desert.

"Oh yeah, do you know what? Take some time off at Eldbeak Peninsula. I bet it's a wonderful place."

Eldbeak Peninsula, located north of Balamb on the Trabia continent, contains a clue to a rare item. Walking towards the tip of the peninsula, a message prompts: There is a stone pillar. If you look closely, there's something written on it. "TRETIMEASUREATMINOFFDEISLAND"

Following the shadow's clues, removing the words "TIME" and "OFF" reveals "TREASURE-AT-MINDE-ISLAND".

Minde Island is located between Kashkabald Desert and South West Esthar's southwest coast. Walking around the place while pressing X yields a Luck-J Scroll, although finding the exact spot can be tedious (somewhere in the middle of Minde Island, near its "sharp" tip).

The player needs to visit these three places to get the achievement/trophy for Obel Lake quest.

After I went to the Minde Island treasure the trophy popped for me.

Edited by NemoFawkes
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, NemoFawkes said:

I had the same issue, but I looked at the wiki page regarding that questline and it clarified a thing that is easy to miss. 

After I went to the Minde Island treasure the trophy popped for me.

Would the Move-Find ability make it easier to see.as it makes hidden spots appear?

• Like 1

Here's a direct quote from the finalfantasy.fandom.com wiki 

Move-Find is a party ability learned through the Guardian Force Siren for 40 AP. Junctioning Siren and equipping this ability to a character uncovers hidden draw points and save points in the field. Draw points on the world map are always invisible and can't be discovered by equipping Move-Find.

3 minutes ago, NemoFawkes said:

Here's a direct quote from the finalfantasy.fandom.com wiki 

Oh ok, I think I will keep it slotted for now just to be sure.

Im always a bit hesitant with unofficicial wikis as I have found too much false info in the past.

Shame if its fact

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...