Can You Still Platinum This Game?

IncompleteSky

This is one of those moments you hate your past self.
I have a friend who only has a PS4 and wants to play the first Borderlands so I thought cool, I haven't played the first Borderlands on this account. Then lo and behold at the bottom of my game list is a couple of trophies from the PS3 version that I do not remember. I don't even have a save file on my PS3.

I know there are some odd online trophies on this list, so is it still possible to platinum?
And if it is do I have much time to? Like, I won't be surprised if online support is gone or going to be gone soon. I can't find a really up to date answer to that online, some says it's down, some say it's back up, some say only in certain regions and I'm not sure what region NZ counts as. So I'm not sure if I can't find players because it's down or because everyone has moved to the PS4 version.
I'm currently playing Monster Hunter so I don't want to rush into finishing this game unless I'm on a timer.

I did't want to double dip, but I can't hide them or I will ruin my personal goal of each milestone being a platinum.

Edited by IncompleteSky
Typo

5 minutes ago, IncompleteSky said:

You sir presume I have friends in real life. xD
Sadly that is completely impossible for me.
Does that mean the online support is gone then?

Got ya :P Online is back up for it and working fine. Find anyone with the trophy that'll help. I would.. But I don't have a PS3 anymore.

22 minutes ago, Cobby said:

Got ya :P Online is back up for it and working fine. Find anyone with the trophy that'll help. I would.. But I don't have a PS3 anymore.

That you did! xD That's a relief. Any idea how long it will be up?
And that's okay. I guess I can try using the session thingy on here. Though my timezone is odd and I haven't used it before.

Just now, IncompleteSky said:

That you did! xD That's a relief. Any idea how long it will be up?
And that's okay. I guess I can try using the session thingy on here. Though my timezone is odd and I haven't used it before.

The viral trophy is so widespread now, you can join just about any online lobby (you don't even need to enter into gameplay with anybody) and the trophy will most likely pop for you. If you're not having any luck, add me on PSN and I can help you.

If you have 2 controllers there's no need to worry about having another person next to you. I played the entire game in splitscreen but alone just because then i could open up the map and navigate much easier around :)

And as mentioned before everything except the viral trophy can be done either online or offline coop

49 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

The viral trophy is so widespread now, you can join just about any online lobby (you don't even need to enter into gameplay with anybody) and the trophy will most likely pop for you. If you're not having any luck, add me on PSN and I can help you.

46 minutes ago, broy300 said:

If you can't get it, message me and I will hop on so you can get it. But like others said, you should have no problem getting it

I haven't been able to get in any lobbies, though I didn't try for long. I think by the time I'm free for a good few hours most of the US is in the wee early hours of the morning.
It's really nice to know I only have to be in the lobby though! That's great if I can nab it without being on long should I need to try in the morning. But any help would be appreciated presuming anyone is still awake in a couple of hours. xD

49 minutes ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

If you have 2 controllers there's no need to worry about having another person next to you. I played the entire game in splitscreen but alone just because then i could open up the map and navigate much easier around :)

And as mentioned before everything except the viral trophy can be done either online or offline coop

Oh my gosh, why didn't I think of that!? I have my PS4 controller. Possibly a spare PS3 one if really needed?

3 minutes ago, broy300 said:

no problem, might be a NZ issue with the server, There were 3 active games when I checked

Oh that is a good point. It can be very temperamental out where I am... I'm in the middle of nowhere. I'll switch out my PS4's etherrnet cable to my PS3 when I get off.

• 4 months later...

When I got this trophy the online was very finicky.  All I did was attempt to join a lobby (never actually got in) and the trophy popped anyway.  I imagine that'd still the case if someone else attempting to join the same lobby already had the trophy.