Players got 100% still playing challenges

II--KAMAL--II

I'm currently playing on PS3 and still haven't gotten a diamond cup would be nice to have one though, and sucks that my best time is still not good enough either got 11'61 on the challenge for today on PS3, not sure how people are getting shorter times.
At least on the PS3 Diamond Cup isn't required, and after I do get the truly awesome trophy don't think I will attempt that ever again even if I play the game on a different system.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

it's really hard to compete with the guys who play the same game for more than 1 year. if at least there were a lot of people playing to have a better chance, being at least in the top 5 would be more than good, because there are always a 3 or 4 that make some insane scores for being more experienced in the game.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, coffin_eder said:

it's really hard to compete with the guys who play the same game for more than 1 year. if at least there were a lot of people playing to have a better chance, being at least in the top 5 would be more than good, because there are always a 3 or 4 that make some insane scores for being more experienced in the game.

It’s getting really ridiculous. You can see that with the current weekly challenge. I thought my eyes were deceiving me when the top player has 32k. That’s a number I’ve never seen even by other top players.

I play and practice every day. I started getting silver and gold more frequently. At one point I was in the top 5 and missed the diamond by 0,5 sec. I messaged the same top player for tips to help me get this one diamond. He completely ignored me.

Edit: welp, someone got even 72k. Ridiculous.

Edited by ShivaRpgN

8 hours ago, coffin_eder said:

6 hours ago, ShivaRpgN said:

It’s getting really ridiculous. You can see that with the current weekly challenge. I thought my eyes were deceiving me when the top player has 32k. That’s a number I’ve never seen even by other top players.

I play and practice every day. I started getting silver and gold more frequently. At one point I was in the top 5 and missed the diamond by 0,5 sec. I messaged the same top player for tips to help me get this one diamond. He completely ignored me.

I think the only way is to set up a boost session (or multiple) and than hope some YouTube channel or the Vita community on this website picks it up.

For each 100 players only 1 gets a Diamond Cup. I hoped a top 3 qualification would suffice but unfortunately it didn't. The only two players above me got one. ?

Lately it seems like the players that compete  are better players. It's harder to get a Gold Cup. 

Also there are too much Dojo Challenges. I have no idea how to speed those up. Offcourse there might be a video, but I still need to execute it myself afterwards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShivaRpgN said:

32km is not at all impressive. Long time ago, it's was very common on Vita, but now it's especially useless to reach it, since there are less than 200 players in a challenge, because players try to not exceed 10km to gain a diamond cup (otherwise they can gain a gold cup randomly even if they are ranked 1st at the end). When I yet played this type of challenge it was a piece of cake to reach 33km, even with one eye open, with the other looking my TV, since this challenge become only harder from 34km : before that it's for beginners... And you say it's the first time you see it ? come on, you probably began to play only some weeks ago in that case, I made a 60km+ a months or 2 ago.
When you look another consoles like PS4, there are a ton of players who reach it each day. You think 72km is ridiculous, but it's rather a performance that can be applauded a lot, especially nowadays, and especially because it's the very first time in the PS vita history of this challenge (since more than 6 years ago) where someone else than me exceeded 50km (the challenge become even harder from 67.4km, so reaching 72 km is like playing 5 km in a very hard phase : that's a very good performance) :it's more than 3 hours and a half of continuously play with a high level of concentration. The PS vita record is at 105km, but the REAL (legit) World record (on PS4 or WiiUI) is over 300km !!! Players dedicated like 16 hours playing without any interruption to make a distance like this : they are some of "gods" who always search further to improve themselves and knowing which type of difficulties/traps the system can bring more further (since it becomes harder at 134km and becomes once again harder at 270km) : it's like explorators who are the only ones in the world who saw unknown countries. They are not at all ridiculous people.

Be a part of these 2 or 3 players among several dozen millions of other players who don't know it (considering all the different versions of this game on all the consoles), even be a part of the 50 players among dozen of millions others to have reached more than 100km can be a real accomplishment. Be a part of hundred thousand players who gained a diamond cup one day is nothing in comparison, even on Vita. 

For me it's rather players like you, who probably make distances like 1500m and think they improve something worthful and then went here to complain, which are Very, VEryyyyyyyyyyyyy ridiculous players.

P.S : it's easy to gain a diamond cup this week: just take a look to the Extreme weekly challenge and tie 2222 lums like other TOP players : this score equal diamond cup. It's only a matter of 12 minutes playing to have this score. Don't search to be enough good to reach 20km on a pit distance, since it needs one full hour playing to reach it. The challenge "as many lums as you can" this is the only challenge where you have to focus your "practice" : it's only 15 hard rooms to practice on. Pretty easy when looking videos before try it. But yes I know you don't even want to spend one hour for practicing. I suppose you don't even know what is really the meaning of the word "Practice"...Be careful this is probably one of the last chance to gain a diamond cup before the Vita's challenges are gone...

22 hours ago, ConAir said:

I think the only way is to set up a boost session (or multiple) and than hope some YouTube channel or the Vita community on this website picks it up.

For each 100 players only 1 gets a Diamond Cup. I hoped a top 3 qualification would suffice but unfortunately it didn't. The only two players above me got one. 1f62a.png

Lately it seems like the players that compete  are better players. It's harder to get a Gold Cup. 

Also there are too much Dojo Challenges. I have no idea how to speed those up. Offcourse there might be a video, but I still need to execute it myself afterwards.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. 

A top 3 or 5 would have been fairer. It’s pretty harsh to make it only 1 % when the other 2-4 players also put a tremendous amount of time and did really good to make it that far.

And yeah, I’d love to learn and get better at the dojo challenges. I don’t know if there are learning materials out there and not just show a video of a top player earning high scores because that doesn’t always teach others something.

• Like 2

Ok, look a bit further on this Page : I helped (or searched to help) a lot of other players to have diamonds on the challenges I mastered (so long challenges, and that's it, I have no particular skill or interest fo other challenges to improve on them), I spent lot of time to make tutorials videos : looking at any topics here and you will probably find one of my vids. Yes, I didn't knew who you are, but you have exactly the same words I encountered a lot in the mouth of a ton of lazy players, and haters on PM. What you (and long time ago, other players) don't understand is that even if good players stop to play you will NEVER have a diamond cup, if you are not able to have a medium level. It's useless to dream about a diamond cup if you are unable to reach the phase 2 of a distance challenge for example (so the very beginning where the challenge become harder, like 2000m in a pit distance) and since that, be able to survive some 5 to 10 km further inside this phase : it's the very minimum. And nowadays, with only one diamond cup a day, it's pretty impossible, except on 2 situations : the famous murfy's glitched challenge or the dojo lums as many as you can. But in the first case the last easy glitched challenged appeared in 2019, and medium glitched challenges (at 4095m) appeared more than 8 months ago. these durations are totally abnormal : I may suppose Ubisoft solved this problem and you may never again encounter one of these challenges now. Anyway, it could be useful to learn how manage murfy's challenge in the case of a daily 4095m challenge appear : practice on it to be able to reach almost each time 4000m could serve you A LOT there (and there are tons of advices on the (almost) all the topics here on this type of challenge with a ton of videos, made by me or by AdruA_). You can notice that on the last 4095m challenge, more than 20 players gained a diamond cup !

In the second case, you have to practice hard rooms which appear around 750m on this type of challenge. So after only 2 minutes playing, you can begin your practice, it's not a so excessive time spent I think, even if it could be frustrating to die immediately at this point at the beginnig of your training. But for example, like I said elsewhere, I had the same practice problem on land distance challenges : A glitch (character glued in a pillar) appear when you reach 32.75km, but a technic with a very tight timing exist to escape this glitch, and it needs a lot of practice. But to reach 33km it needs also 40 minutes of non-stop playing....for one second of practising : for this one second it will be successful or death (until the second same path few meters later for a second try of practice, and another death probably). The second problem of this type of challenge is you have also to learn how stopping (die) exactly at the same point than the other players . Sometimes, if you are not in a room where you have time to wait a group of lums, you can exceed all the other players, so it needs skills and luck to be able to all stop at the same score.

There are 15 "hard" rooms but only the half of them are really difficult to suceed, so 7 or 8 only need a real practice : the other can be learned almost immediately, even for a new player (considering this player is pretty used to play classic platform games). For example, I made this Dojo quick video tutorial, even if it's not detailed, just do the same thing, and it will always work. 

Or and older one, at a time when I was just able to go around 10000 lums and not further, because I used too much risky technics, and you can compare why, between the 2 videos for certains rooms, so it's completely out of date, but it can give you some ideas

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Ok, look a bit further on this Page : I helped (or searched to help) a lot of other players to have diamonds on the challenges I mastered (so long challenges, and that's it, I have no particular skill or interest fo other challenges to improve on them), I spent lot of time to make tutorials videos : looking at any topics here and you will probably find one of my vids. Yes, I didn't knew who you are, but you have exactly the same words I encountered a lot in the mouth of a ton of lazy players, and haters on PM. What you (and long time ago, other players) don't understand is that even if good players stop to play you will NEVER have a diamond cup, if you are not able to have a medium level. It's useless to dream about a diamond cup if you are unable to reach the phase 2 of a distance challenge for example (so the very beginning where the challenge become harder, like 2000m in a pit distance) and since that, be able to survive some 5 to 10 km further inside this phase : it's the very minimum. And nowadays, with only one diamond cup a day, it's pretty impossible, except on 2 situations : the famous murfy's glitched challenge or the dojo lums as many as you can. But in the first case the last easy glitched challenged appeared in 2019, and medium glitched challenges (at 4095m) appeared more than 8 months ago. these durations are totally abnormal : I may suppose Ubisoft solved this problem and you may never again encounter one of these challenges now. Anyway, it could be useful to learn how manage murfy's challenge in the case of a daily 4095m challenge appear : practice on it to be able to reach almost each time 4000m could serve you A LOT there (and there are tons of advices on the (almost) all the topics here on this type of challenge with a ton of videos, made by me or by AdruA_). You can notice that on the last 4095m challenge, more than 20 players gained a diamond cup !

In the second case, you have to practice hard rooms which appear around 750m on this type of challenge. So after only 2 minutes playing, you can begin your practice, it's not a so excessive time spent I think, even if it could be frustrating to die immediately at this point at the beginnig of your training. But for example, like I said elsewhere, I had the same practice problem on land distance challenges : A glitch (character glued in a pillar) appear when you reach 32.75km, but a technic with a very tight timing exist to escape this glitch, and it needs a lot of practice. But to reach 33km it needs also 40 minutes of non-stop playing....for one second of practising : for this one second it will be successful or death (until the second same path few meters later for a second try of practice, and another death probably). The second problem of this type of challenge is you have also to learn how stopping (die) exactly at the same point than the other players . Sometimes, if you are not in a room where you have time to wait a group of lums, you can exceed all the other players, so it needs skills and luck to be able to all stop at the same score.

There are 15 "hard" rooms but only the half of them are really difficult to suceed, so 7 or 8 only need a real practice : the other can be learned almost immediately, even for a new player (considering this player is pretty used to play classic platform games). For example, I made this Dojo quick video tutorial, even if it's not detailed, just do the same thing, and it will always work. 

Or and older one, at a time when I was just able to go around 10000 lums and not further, because I used too much risky technics, and you can compare why, between the 2 videos for certains rooms, so it's completely out of date, but it can give you some ideas

This is something I can work with.

About the Murphy challenges, I might have made it up to 2k. You are convincing in that we haven’t had the glitch in a very long time and that it might not be an option anymore. Funny enough I got 2.3-2.6k with the other challenge where you need to go vertically as long as possible. This one is really fun.

I will still try to learn the Murphy challenges to get closer to 4k but I will focus my efforts on the challenge rooms based on your suggestion. If those are the only rooms, then it might be a better option in terms of efficiency.

Can I ask some questions?

1. You play with the princess. Are they better for the challenges?

2. You mentioned risky techniques. You see, those are the things that I just don’t know about it or don’t know where I can learn about them. Can you give a brief overview what those are or point me in the right direction?

3. Why do you have to time it exactly 2222 lumps? Can you earn more?

Thank you for helping and giving advice. I will look into your other posts soon. 

Edited by ShivaRpgN

Well,

1. I don't know, it's just a matter of personal preferences. these technics works well with a princess. If you use another character, the hit box will change a little bit, and the technics have to be adapted on some rooms. Usually players play dojo with a globox character (especially because this character is the better one to use when challenging speed dojo challenges), but for me, I am so used with a princess I will fail with my current technics if I would use this character (or at least I would not be able to make very long runs, probably no problem for low scores like 2000m though)

2. I talked about evolutions of technics you can see comparing the 2 videos. For example, take a look on how I play the Room number "3" in the first video and how I played the same room before that in the 2nd video (like at 4:51) : it was obviously much more risky and much less reproductible : with a safe technic, like in the 1st video, you have nothing to do more than wait, charge your weapon and release it...and done. My current technic has also improved a bit since I made the first video, I play more carefully and efficiently 2 or 3 of these rooms, but this is a point of details.

This challenge is perhaps the only one where each player have his own technics (this is not exactly the case for long distance challenges where players use 90% of the same technics), you can also take a look on videos of other players on other consoles like WiiU, PS3 or PS4 (for example, looking the ones of the master of this type of challenge, Vraduggon, made : he posted a lot of these videos, and yet has the WR with more than 180 000 lums (so 18 hours non stop playing) he is also the master of pit distance challenges btw). However, the rooms number "8" and "9" in my videos are a bit different in the other versions of rayman legends. It's one of the particularity of the Vita's version : the Room 8 is more risky on Vita and need some anticipation the other versions don't have, whereas the Room 9 is easier to succeed and less risky.

3. Of course you can go as far as you want. 10 000 lums ? 20 000 lums ? it's just up to you if you have the abilities, the reproductibility of your technics and the patience for that. For example, my PB is at 54322 lums. But nowadays, where we share tie score for sharing diamond cups on this challenge, this score is simply the first one choosing by the first player wanted to share a score : he choosed this score to say to the other players : "hey look at this, it's clearly a fancy score I want to share". Usually we choose fancy scores like that, not to high to reach, and that need not too much time for that (between 10 and 20 minutes playing). For example 2000, 2022, 2345 or even 3000, or 3333 : it gives also a bit more fun to reach and share this type of score for just visual satisfaction I suppose. But sometimes, we just stop at any score in the 2xxxx lums if we failed to reach a satisfying fancy score, so the player that come after that, has just to adapt himself to tie this score

You can notice, we could make a score like 1000 lums or 1111 lums, and we tried it a lot of time, but players who are not used with this behaviour, never understood our will, and ALWAYS searched to overpassed this low score (so they made for example 1158 lums, just to be ranked first, whereas they don't understand the fact that since the moment they go over us, we place another limit much more higher and these players would have lost all their chances). Also, the problem is perhaps these players don't know exactly (or are not be able) to stop at an exact score (depending on the room he has to stop, it can be very simple to wait the correct quantity of lums to reach the tie score or... almost impossible, even for very experimented players).

Further you place your limit, further players will reach a same score in a totally different room (since players have their own technics and so don't grap the same quantity of lums inside each of theses 15 rooms), so it should be impossible to tie score just because of that. For example, be conscious any group of lums give 6 lums when taken immediately, and be conscious a group of lums is constituted by a main item (=1 lum) surrounded by 5 tiny lums = 6 lums for the total. These tiny lums disappear with time, one by one. So, if you want less lums than 6, you have to count the number of tiny lums around the main item and even wait there are none of these tiny lums to grap only one lum left : it's a matter of anticipation, calculation and luck

Edited by Arkiokin

Thanks @Arkiokin for explaining something about this game.

My time to practice is limited, but I will keep trying it anyway. I did notice I made progress on the 2222 Dojo Challenge, but usually a good run is followed by several bad or mediocre ones. And I still make too many easy mistakes.

Edited by ConAir
Spelling error

20 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Well,

1. I don't know, it's just a matter of personal preferences. these technics works well with a princess. If you use another character, the hit box will change a little bit, and the technics have to be adapted on some rooms. Usually players play dojo with a globox character (especially because this character is the better one to use when challenging speed dojo challenges), but for me, I am so used with a princess I will fail with my current technics if I would use this character (or at least I would not be able to make very long runs, probably no problem for low scores like 2000m though)

2. I talked about evolutions of technics you can see comparing the 2 videos. For example, take a look on how I play the Room number "3" in the first video and how I played the same room before that in the 2nd video (like at 4:51) : it was obviously much more risky and much less reproductible : with a safe technic, like in the 1st video, you have nothing to do more than wait, charge your weapon and release it...and done. My current technic has also improved a bit since I made the first video, I play more carefully and efficiently 2 or 3 of these rooms, but this is a point of details.

This challenge is perhaps the only one where each player have his own technics (this is not exactly the case for long distance challenges where players use 90% of the same technics), you can also take a look on videos of other players on other consoles like WiiU, PS3 or PS4 (for example, looking the ones of the master of this type of challenge, Vraduggon, made : he posted a lot of these videos, and yet has the WR with more than 180 000 lums (so 18 hours non stop playing) he is also the master of pit distance challenges btw). However, the rooms number "8" and "9" in my videos are a bit different in the other versions of rayman legends. It's one of the particularity of the Vita's version : the Room 8 is more risky on Vita and need some anticipation the other versions don't have, whereas the Room 9 is easier to succeed and less risky.

3. Of course you can go as far as you want. 10 000 lums ? 20 000 lums ? it's just up to you if you have the abilities, the reproductibility of your technics and the patience for that. For example, my PB is at 54322 lums. But nowadays, where we share tie score for sharing diamond cups on this challenge, this score is simply the first one choosing by the first player wanted to share a score : he choosed this score to say to the other players : "hey look at this, it's clearly a fancy score I want to share". Usually we choose fancy scores like that, not to high to reach, and that need not too much time for that (between 10 and 20 minutes playing). For example 2000, 2022, 2345 or even 3000, or 3333 : it gives also a bit more fun to reach and share this type of score for just visual satisfaction I suppose. But sometimes, we just stop at any score in the 2xxxx lums if we failed to reach a satisfying fancy score, so the player that come after that, has just to adapt himself to tie this score

You can notice, we could make a score like 1000 lums or 1111 lums, and we tried it a lot of time, but players who are not used with this behaviour, never understood our will, and ALWAYS searched to overpassed this low score (so they made for example 1158 lums, just to be ranked first, whereas they don't understand the fact that since the moment they go over us, we place another limit much more higher and these players would have lost all their chances). Also, the problem is perhaps these players don't know exactly (or are not be able) to stop at an exact score (depending on the room he has to stop, it can be very simple to wait the correct quantity of lums to reach the tie score or... almost impossible, even for very experimented players).

Further you place your limit, further players will reach a same score in a totally different room (since players have their own technics and so don't grap the same quantity of lums inside each of theses 15 rooms), so it should be impossible to tie score just because of that. For example, be conscious any group of lums give 6 lums when taken immediately, and be conscious a group of lums is constituted by a main item (=1 lum) surrounded by 5 tiny lums = 6 lums for the total. These tiny lums disappear with time, one by one. So, if you want less lums than 6, you have to count the number of tiny lums around the main item and even wait there are none of these tiny lums to grap only one lum left : it's a matter of anticipation, calculation and luck

I didn’t know that about the scores. It’s nice that you’re keeping a certain score to make it still achievable for others. I started practicing yesterday (1.5-2 hours) and got a score of around 680. It’s far from being enough but I’m getting used to the early rooms. It’s when the challenge gets upped (the swords) where I fail. It was shown in your video but I kept thinking it would be hard to follow what you did exactly and that it was better to figure it out while playing. Next time I will try watching your video before attempting this room. 

It’s a shame that I missed my chance because the weekly challenge will refresh in 4 hours. How often do we get this? I’ll use the full week the next time we get this back. 

Dojo as many lums as you can challenges appear aproximately 2 or 3 times a month...only. But I only talk about daily ones. Weekly one are more rare, you can wait some weeks more or 3 or 4 months now, even more than that...

These challenges are challenges that can only be Extreme challenges, never normal one (like Tower challenges, speed and distance), which decrease dramatically the frequency/the chance of their appearance.

Btw, the hard rooms appear around 750 to 800m usually. You have first to master all other easy rooms before that, to be able to reach the hard phase EACH time you play it, just in order to not loose your time in stupid death before real practise. Next time this type of challenge appear (maybe tomorrow or in the next days, since it's not so rare a weekly challenge switch on daily as soon as the week is over) : make what you told me upper : practice these 6-8 hours a day you told me you did.  But, am I misunderstanding ? these famous 8 hours of practising... you had a lot of time to spend them since the last 3 days we're talking about this challenge...Don't say you learned too late these informations, the exactly same one about dojo max lums were delivered by AdruA on page 1 of this topic. Always the same idleness to real searching to improve really. Don't be surprised if, by time passed, I could be deceived by always the same false excuses, and why I can become a bit upset QED.

For increase the chance of practising the hard rooms without waiting 2 weeks, there are 2 possiblities though. First one, play rayman legends on another console (ps4, switch, xbox...) to increase the chance of playing this type of challenge (the daily challenges on vita are not the same on the other consoles) you can even practise it several times a week if you also have an old gen console like ps3 (challenges on PS3, xbox360 and wiiu are the same = first chance ; ps4, xboxone have the same challenges but different of the first one = second chance : switch = 3 chance ; vita = 4 chance)

The second possibility is to improve yourself on speed dojo 60s challenges, extreme one only : the hard rooms appear on these challenges at the very last seconds (usually around 15 seconds left before the end) If you have luck and enough skill, you can practise 2 or 3 of these hard rooms there (at least one of them). So it needs only 45 seconds to practise a hard room : not too bad isn't it ?

EDIT : I was right, today's daily extreme challenge is a dojo max lums challenge : time to practice...

Edited by Arkiokin

13 hours ago, Arkiokin said:

Dojo as many lums as you can challenges appear aproximately 2 or 3 times a month...only. But I only talk about daily ones. Weekly one are more rare, you can wait some weeks more or 3 or 4 months now, even more than that...

These challenges are challenges that can only be Extreme challenges, never normal one (like Tower challenges, speed and distance), which decrease dramatically the frequency/the chance of their appearance.

Btw, the hard rooms appear around 750 to 800m usually. You have first to master all other easy rooms before that, to be able to reach the hard phase EACH time you play it, just in order to not loose your time in stupid death before real practise. Next time this type of challenge appear (maybe tomorrow or in the next days, since it's not so rare a weekly challenge switch on daily as soon as the week is over) : make what you told me upper : practice these 6-8 hours a day you told me you did.  But, am I misunderstanding ? these famous 8 hours of practising... you had a lot of time to spend them since the last 3 days we're talking about this challenge...Don't say you learned too late these informations, the exactly same one about dojo max lums were delivered by AdruA on page 1 of this topic. Always the same idleness to real searching to improve really. Don't be surprised if, by time passed, I could be deceived by always the same false excuses, and why I can become a bit upset QED.

For increase the chance of practising the hard rooms without waiting 2 weeks, there are 2 possiblities though. First one, play rayman legends on another console (ps4, switch, xbox...) to increase the chance of playing this type of challenge (the daily challenges on vita are not the same on the other consoles) you can even practise it several times a week if you also have an old gen console like ps3 (challenges on PS3, xbox360 and wiiu are the same = first chance ; ps4, xboxone have the same challenges but different of the first one = second chance : switch = 3 chance ; vita = 4 chance)

The second possibility is to improve yourself on speed dojo 60s challenges, extreme one only : the hard rooms appear on these challenges at the very last seconds (usually around 15 seconds left before the end) If you have luck and enough skill, you can practise 2 or 3 of these hard rooms there (at least one of them). So it needs only 45 seconds to practise a hard room : not too bad isn't it ?

EDIT : I was right, today's daily extreme challenge is a dojo max lums challenge : time to practice...

You didn’t misunderstand. It’s just that things have changed for the past week or so. I stupidly got myself very busy with joining multiple boosting sessions. They each last an hour minimum. This will be the case for at least 2-3 weeks. This is how my daily boosting looks like:

Helldivers (morning and in the evening)

Rayman Legends (morning and in the evening)

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (2PM)

Asphalt Racing Injection (3:15 PM)

Soul Sacrifice (8 PM)

Rayman has been getting less attention for the past week because of this. It has been hard dealing with the new schedule and still trying to practice. I just practiced the daily extreme challenge for almost 4 hours and I didn’t get further than 665+ lums. Last night I have gotten much better but it seems like it wasn’t good enough to get to the difficult rooms every single time. That and it seems that I lose concentration and make mistakes more easily when I practice too much. Right now I can get through the rooms reliably until I get to the difficult rooms. I didn’t get past the first difficult room and I’ve tried with many attempts. I’ve watched and compared your video with my run and now I can make it about halfway through this room. I think the rooms with the swords are the most challenging based on your video. The rest of the rooms have the obstacles in the same spots, so it will always be the same and less room for error. I think once I master the sword rooms, the other rooms will take less time to master. 

About the first page, it’s a bit complicated. I tend to read through content quickly when I’m not familiar with it. While I read the first page, I didn’t understand what it meant at the time. I assumed it was just impossible to get and moved on. I assumed that it was another timed challenge for some reason. It’s after you talked to me, explained the challenge rooms and showed me your video that I understood what you meant. Now that I understand it and have tried to get better at those challenges, I regret not paying attention before or not putting the time I have been investing in other challenges to this. 

The plan is to practice very hard whenever those challenge rooms return. It doesn’t matter if they’re daily, timed or weekly. I’ll take every chance I can get to advance further or keep my current level with the timed challenges at least. I will play less of Helldivers and focus more on Rayman in the morning and evening with those challenges. The other games involve other players. So I can’t skip on those. 

I noticed you and someone else tried to finish the challenge with 1333 but the top player (Zony) didn’t seem to agree and finished it with 2222. So, there have been times where you guys don’t agree with each other? Do you know this player? I do appreciate that you tried to lessen the score for players like us. 

EDIT: I do have the other consoles but not the game on those consoles. I don’t think it’s worth getting and playing the game elsewhere. But most importantly, I prefer to stick with one device because the controls or timing of the moves will always be different with consoles. I don’t want to mix those up and end up performing worse because of it if that makes sense.

Edited by ShivaRpgN
  • Like 1

I tried to place the spot at 1333, but I knew it would probably not followed, because it's too low for some players, for one reason : They can first try to share this post, but they have experienced players who overpassed low score in the last minutes of the challenge. If these players know they will not have enough time later to make another run at a higher spot, they prefer to immediately make only one try rather than 2 with an useless score which could be overpassed by others : they don't want to spent too much time there. I understand that, and it's classic for me. So I will try to reach this 2222 spot, but if I fail, I will place another spot just higher, and this palyer will have to play one more time to tie this new spot. He could fail in return and I should place another spot etc...Sometimes we need 3 runs to be able to tie our scores.

If I have enough time and I see I will fail to tie a score like 2222 (for example if I know I could do only 2217 or 2223), I prefer to stop my run, don't save any score and restart from the beginning to avoid these endless situations. The last time I failed 2 consecutive times to equal a 2300 lums score and exceeded it : each time, I didn't recorded and started from scratch until I reached the exact tie score by modifying a bit my technics and be in another room when I have to calculate and grap, in a more easier way, the correct last lums. If I have not the time or the motivation to do that, I just stop higher and let the choice for another players to tie again or win the challenge...

The timing on another consoles is the same, the main difference is the gamepad sensation (I played long time ago on PS3, PS4, WiiU and even on switch a bit)...and the input lag you could have on your TV (but I took off this lag by using my PC screen instead of my TV). One of the advantage of the Vita's version, is that ALL players play with the same input lag (=none) and with the same gamepad, unlike all other versions of rayman. Without any practise, I made easily 10000 lums scores the first time I played on PS4 for example (it was the same for pits and tower distance challenges : the first or the second challenges I played on PS3/PS4 I pretty easily was able to be ranked in the TOP3, and even be 1st a bunch of time among thousand of PS3/4 real specialists). Btw, for trophies hunters : trophies are different on the other PS versions, so you can have 3 different platinum trophies with this game on PS3, PS4 and PSvita (the platinum is much more easy to reach outside PS vita, since you, ironically, never need any diamond cup for a trophy, whereas it should be much more simple to gain one there)

8 minutes ago, FBanin said:
lol, I would like the best players to take a break for a week or two... for us newbies, let's just win a diamond cup... :(

Would be nice. I don't even really consider myself a newbie anymore, but the condescending gatekeeping horseshit above notwithstanding, it is possible to practice for hours and not crack that #1 spot, especially when some of the vets "just playing for fun" do so with multiple accounts.

I've basically made my peace with the fact that I'm just not skilled enough for this trophy at this point. It's a shame because I'm good enough that with a reasonable player base as the game had years ago I would be able to get it no problem. But I'm just not willing to sink tons of time into one game and I'm not entitled enough to think I deserve the trophy just because. Hopefully another glitch comes along some day, but if not... oh well.

8 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Would be nice. I don't even really consider myself a newbie anymore, but the condescending gatekeeping horseshit above notwithstanding, it is possible to practice for hours and not crack that #1 spot, especially when some of the vets "just playing for fun" do so with multiple accounts.

I've basically made my peace with the fact that I'm just not skilled enough for this trophy at this point. It's a shame because I'm good enough that with a reasonable player base as the game had years ago I would be able to get it no problem. But I'm just not willing to sink tons of time into one game and I'm not entitled enough to think I deserve the trophy just because. Hopefully another glitch comes along some day, but if not... oh well.

I'm not skilled to. I play this game every night, with the hope of the glitch level appear... but in 1 year this level don't came. What to do? I'm waiting and trying... I don't have time to training and compete with top players (Adrua, Arkiokin, Romance...)

• 4 weeks later...

it would be great if sometimes the more experienced players gave a chance to the ones who are working hard to get at least one diamond cup. In murphy's time challenge I missed winning for 3 milliseconds, and I must have spent like 10 hours trying to cut my time. It wouldn't be too much to ask if you see that whoever is about to win is one that has no more than 12 diamond cups (11 of base game +1 challenge) gives him a chance to win.

1 hour ago, coffin_eder said:

it would be great if sometimes the more experienced players gave a chance to the ones who are working hard to get at least one diamond cup. In murphy's time challenge I missed winning for 3 milliseconds, and I must have spent like 10 hours trying to cut my time. It wouldn't be too much to ask if you see that whoever is about to win is one that has no more than 12 diamond cups (11 of base game +1 challenge) gives him a chance to win.

You were so close these past few days. I think you can earn it actually. 

I keep trying, but same like @FBanin my time is limited to practice or. I try to reach more players. Even started a boosting session to jump in together. I do notice that not all challenges are played by every active player. Some Weekly Challenges have 300 players but so far this is a slow week.

Yesterday there was a hacker with a score 65K on the Dojo Challenge where 500-600 was maximum. The same one ruined the Weekly Extreme Challenge with an impossible time of 5 seconds. 

13 hours ago, ConAir said:

You were so close these past few days. I think you can earn it actually. 

I keep trying, but same like @FBanin my time is limited to practice or. I try to reach more players. Even started a boosting session to jump in together. I do notice that not all challenges are played by every active player. Some Weekly Challenges have 300 players but so far this is a slow week.

Yesterday there was a hacker with a score 65K on the Dojo Challenge where 500-600 was maximum. The same one ruined the Weekly Extreme Challenge with an impossible time of 5 seconds. 

Didn’t the hacker get reported? It should be clear that it’s impossible right?

Edited by ShivaRpgN

I'm so glad that I'm done with this Platinum.  I have to admit the challenges were annoying enough that the added fact of players that simply wanted to continually cement their top rank well past they finished the game seemed completely pointless to me.

I mean, imagine you are out in public and you tell someone, hey....I'm the #1 in the world at Rayman Legends...I'm over here thinking...who gives a shit?  I don't mean to hate on anyone, yet there comes a point where its like...time to move on from a game.  You can revisit it sure, yet every day coming back is just bizarre for a title like this.

• Like 2