Exploration and Cartography trophy

DrewBadger68

Okay, so I first failed this after my hard save by not turning in the notes and found out I had two camps left . So I figured, reload.  I did. Got the second to last last campfire, turned in my notes to de Courcillon. Got to Anemhaid, which is on the list. I see the last campfire in my sights. And boom. Fail. Every time. All the others are complete. Is there something I'm missing or is this just buggy? Thanks in advance for any help/advice ?

Edited by strngwoodDrJones
typo

2 hours ago, strngwoodDrJones said:

Okay, so I first failed this after my hard save by not turning in the notes and found out I had two camps left . So I figured, reload.  I did. Got the second to last last campfire, turned in my notes to de Courcillon. Got to Anemhaid, which is on the list. I see the last campfire in my sights. And boom. Fail. Every time. All the others are complete. Is there something I'm missing or is this just buggy? Thanks in advance for any help/advice 1f601.png

Where in the story are you at this point? I picked it up on the first trip to the location. If you're going back for the final visit that may be too late.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Where in the story are you at this point? I picked it up on the first trip to the location. If you're going back for the final visit that may be too late.

I am at before "the point of no return" and also, a hard save before finding the crown. I was never able to get to the campfire in Anemhaid, beforehand. Is there a way to get there? Thanks for the reply ?

• 1 year later...

Old thread, I know, but I had exactly this same problem. What's causing the issue (I think) is that you have the option to go straight to the tree after speaking with Dunncas. But if you do this, the area doesn't appear on your map, and if you miss the campfire in your time there (and others have done this), it seems you can't get back here until the endgame. Others have had this problem as well: look, e.g., at this (completely incorrect) discussion on Reddit.

However, you can get to this area prior to the endgame. What you have to do is go to the city where you gave the High King the crown (Dorgred, or some stupid shit like that). If you go to the local map, you'll see that to the north, there is a travel point. It is likely within some grey area that you have never explored, which means the game thinks you've never passed through that travel area.

Anyway, if you leave the map through that door, you'll go back to the world map, but the necessary area (Anemheid) will now appear on the volcano.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1