Canceled Trophy Guide

I have been working on a trophy guide for this game off and on for I think about a year. The dependency on luck to progress mixed with the grindy nature has really been wearing on me. But today, I finally beat Advanced. I got to the final stage and beat it on my second try... which was good because I only had two lives. Want to stress thats not a brag, thats me living and dying by this games rng. I was so excited I shook my Vita... not hard... But enough to cause the memory card to 'become ejected'... Lossing all my progress due to the games lack of an auto save... I didn't unlock master... I didn't unlock the ability to practice the world 5 stages... I just... Had to start over.

I spent another hour or so in practice but i just am not having fun. The games biggest issue is the camera. If there was only a button to lock the camera in place 70% of the games issues would be solved and the difficulty would drop from a 10 to a 6 easy. I'm just writing this up as a warning to anyone else attempting the platinum. Don't do it unless you really REALLY like the game. And even then it's one of those platinums that makes you hate a game by the end of it (Like God of War, Dynasty Warriors, Sekiro, Etc).

I might use what I have competed of the guide as a gameplay guide but... well one I haven't made one before and two it seems cheap to release a guide for something you haven't beat.

Now you've got to the final stage, you should be able to do it again without too much difficulty. It didn't take me too many attempts to do it all without continues the first time I reached the final stage, just because of all the practice I had getting there. Even the levels that initially seemed the most hopeless and random, I was able to do fairly consistently by the end. I went from not even being able to pass 2-8 using all my continues, to reaching 5-9 without losing any lives, over the course of the platinum.

You should give it another go. It only takes about 40 minutes to get through advanced, and you would've needed to do it again to get the platinum anyway

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

It's taken me near 4 years at this point and I still haven't beaten Advanced World 4.

The last half of Advanced is the worst, but once you do a level for the first time it's usually never as tough beating it again. There were various levels that were almost guaranteed to drain all my continues at some point, but if I had to do them again now I'd be able to do it almost immediately, with the exception of a couple levels at the end of world 5

It was four years after my first trophy when I beat Advanced 4 for the first time, too

• 1 year later...
On 10/28/2019 at 7:14 AM, Shadiochao said:

The last half of Advanced is the worst, but once you do a level for the first time it's usually never as tough beating it again. There were various levels that were almost guaranteed to drain all my continues at some point, but if I had to do them again now I'd be able to do it almost immediately, with the exception of a couple levels at the end of world 5

It was four years after my first trophy when I beat Advanced 4 for the first time, too

This concerns me, considering I have yet to get past 3-10 without continues lol. Oh boy.
So far 1-10, 2-6, 2-7, 2-9, 3-7, 3-8, and 3-9 are ones I dread.

I realize you posted this over a year ago so you may not remember but what difficulty rating would you give the first half, and what would you give the second half?

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

This concerns me, considering I have yet to get past 3-10 without continues lol. Oh boy.
So far 1-10, 2-6, 2-7, 2-9, 3-7, 3-8, and 3-9 are ones I dread.

I realize you posted this over a year ago so you may not remember but what difficulty rating would you give the first half, and what would you give the second half?

It's hard to put into numbers because I kept coming back and playing it over the course of years. Also because it's really only a handful of levels that make things difficult. Even after doing it I'm not actually sure if it was ever as hard as I thought it was, just that I was so convinced I'd never be able to do it that I kept giving up as soon as I lost all my continues to a new difficult level.

But all those levels you mentioned (including 3-10) are the only ones I ever worried about in the first 3 worlds, to varying degrees.

1-10: Even by the end, the last dinosaur roll came down to luck quite often

3-7: I never did that the intended way, I used this shortcut, which made things a lot easier

3-8 was the first big hurdle I had. I would just bleed continues the first few times I got there and had to spend a while in practice mode before I could even get past it. I did it the same way as that guy in the video above, but I think I waited a second or two for the first blue platform to start rising

I don't think there's a huge difficulty spike in the later worlds, but it's certainly harder than the first 3. I started being proactive with practice mode in world 4, and in the end I just gave up on practicing levels 5-8 and 5-9 and hoped I could luck my way through when I got to them.

• Like 2