Any tips for the impossible lair?

I feel like the beginning makes you give up easily. The first 50% of the Impossible Lair is much harder than the last 50%, for sure.

I had 54% after 5 attempts and finished it by the 10th.

If I were to offer any tips:

• Definitely try to get all 48 bees
  • After a few goes, you'll learn the boss mechanics and it'll be easy as pie. Don't throw those Q bombs unless you're for sure going to hit.
  • Learn the mechanics of the ice rolling so you don't take 10 unnecessary hits,
  • Don't give up because the first half truly sucks. I assure you the 2nd half is much easier.
  • Practice your roll jumping. I feel like there's a few pesky moments that add too many hits if you mistime your roll-jump.
  • The final section is timed but don't let that throw you off. I was panicking hard and finished with 30 seconds left.

I know these aren't too helpful but trial and error is your best friend and I'm sure you can do it!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Jordan_On_Tinder said:

I feel like the beginning makes you give up easily. The first 50% of the Impossible Lair is much harder than the last 50%, for sure.

I had 54% after 5 attempts and finished it by the 10th.

If I were to offer any tips:

• Definitely try to get all 48 bees
  • After a few goes, you'll learn the boss mechanics and it'll be easy as pie. Don't throw those Q bombs unless you're for sure going to hit.
  • Learn the mechanics of the ice rolling so you don't take 10 unnecessary hits,
  • Don't give up because the first half truly sucks. I assure you the 2nd half is much easier.
  • Practice your roll jumping. I feel like there's a few pesky moments that add too many hits if you mistime your roll-jump.
  • The final section is timed but don't let that throw you off. I was panicking hard and finished with 30 seconds left.

I know these aren't too helpful but trial and error is your best friend and I'm sure you can do it!

Am i correct in understanding tonics cant be equipped btw?

What do you mean Q bombs? I have not seen any of those yet.

Just now, dannyswfc9 said:

How far are you through the game because q bombs open the q gates fairly early on in the game

I meant in terms of the impossible lair. I have everything done, except beating the lair. I know what Q bombs is xD I just mean i havent seen them within the lair.

5 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

I meant in terms of the impossible lair. I have everything done, except beating the lair. I know what Q bombs is xD I just mean i havent seen them within the lair.

Fair enough ?. Thought you may have tried it first off because you can do the lair at the start of the game. Think i deserve a upvote for being a idiot ?

23 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Fair enough ?. Thought you may have tried it first off because you can do the lair at the start of the game. Think i deserve a upvote for being a idiot 1f609.png

No worries. Hey i got up to 60% on my third try..so it goes forward every time xD but man did i lose alot of lives at the Q bomb boss round.

On 10/13/2019 at 3:35 PM, Hvalpen said:

No worries. Hey i got up to 60% on my third try..so it goes forward every time xD but man did i lose alot of lives at the Q bomb boss round.

Im gonna wait till ive got every bee and every other trophy before i attempt it. Then i can give it a good go. Ive watched a few vids of the early part and looks tricky. Have you played crash bandicoot and if so is it harder than the toughest levels on crash

3 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Im gonna wait till ive got every bee and every other trophy before i attempt it. Then i can give it a good go. Ive watched a few vids of the early part and looks tricky. Have you played crash bandicoot and if so is it harder than the toughest levels on crash

I would say its the hardest platforming section i ever tried. including all Crash games and all Mario special stages.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:03 PM, Hvalpen said:

I would say its the hardest platforming section i ever tried. including all Crash games and all Mario special stages.

Ive just done it on the 9th attempt with 7 lives left and i have to say its not tougher than crash 1 imo. Especially with all 48 bees. Granted its difficult and theres a bit of trial and error with it. I lost most my lives on the boss battles and the rope bit with the spikes going up and down. That timed bit gave me such a buzz lol

Took me 14 attempts to finally make it through. It was far from a "clean" run (truth be told, I was rather sloppy in the front half).

What everyone else is saying is true:

• The front half is much more difficult to navigate than the latter half. 
  • By all means, attempt the Lair prior to freeing all 48 bees. But keep in mind, you'll be very glad you have all 48 bees unless you're particularly skilled at platformers.
  • The timed segment at the end is a RUSH.

Here's a speedrunner's successful attempt at a ZERO BEE clearing of the Lair. When I was about to give up all hope, I watched this through several times and picked up on many small tricks and maneuvers that really helped me keep bees in places where I was always losing 1-2 before. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished it on my 11th attempt with around 4 bees left I think.  Two of those attempts were before I had all 48 bees.

The one trick is to just take your time and be deliberate.  Unless you are being chased by something, go as slow as you can and plan out every move before doing it.  Panicking and rushing will be the biggest killers here.  After a while it starts to become much easier with practice.

• Like 1