Season Pass and Bike DLC question

hcmode

Hey everyone, the Italian Gamestop is still selling both the Season Pass and the Bike DLC as digital downloads. However, since the content has been delisted from the PS Store, is it safe to buy them? What would happen if I try to redeem the codes considering the content has been removed?

The other question relates to 100% completion. In order to achieve it, would I need both the Season Pass and the Bike DLC?

P.S. I have the PS Plus Edition of the game.

Thanks.

Just because Sony is no longer selling it, doesn't mean it's gone forever. As long as the code Gamestop gives you is valid, you will be able to redeem it. As for your other question, the season pass is all you need for the main list of the game. If you want to do the Bikes list, that dlc is sold separately in 5(?) packs.

6 minutes ago, ChaoticFox9900 said:

Just because Sony is no longer selling it, doesn't mean it's gone forever. As long as the code Gamestop gives you is valid, you will be able to redeem it. As for your other question, the season pass is all you need for the main list of the game. If you want to do the Bikes list, that dlc is sold separately in 5(?) packs.

Thanks for your reply. I will contact Gamestop and make sure that the code they're selling is still valid.

When you say that the season pass is all you need for the main list of the game, you're talking about the 128 trophies listed on psnp? 

Driveclub Bikes seems to be a standalone game but I thought I read somewhere that it also counts as a DLC for the main game, that's why I'm confused.

Both lists are the same game; they ran out of room on the original trophy list and had to make another one for bikes. For whatever reason though, bikes content is not included in the season pass, so you have to purchase those separately.

And just to note that although Bikes was sold as a standalone, if you actually played it you would find that it's the exact same game, but you would be locked out of the normal driveclub content.

Edited by ChaoticFox9900

1 hour ago, ChaoticFox9900 said:

This is incorrect, the season pass is access to 16 tour packs, DLC 2, 3, 20 & 21 were free content on the store, so you need have got them before they were delisted, they also do not work with the PS Plus Edition. The bikes have 2 DLC packs that are actually part of the cars, they are No limits and Finish line. Also i think everything is still available on the US Store, so its all there if you really want it. 

52 minutes ago, ChaoticFox9900 said:

And just to note that although Bikes was sold as a standalone, if you actually played it you would find that it's the exact same game, but you would be locked out of the normal driveclub content.

It was sold as both standalone and add-on. Standalone you were locked out of Driveclub, add-on you could just switch between them in the menu. 

I think first of all I'll buy a physical disc because the PS Plus Edition has almost nothing on it even though I was able to get a trophy from the "AMG" dlc.

After that I'll see if I can actually get the season pass. With all that I should be good to go for 100%, right?

22 hours ago, Loc_Ops said:

I think first of all I'll buy a physical disc because the PS Plus Edition has almost nothing on it even though I was able to get a trophy from the "AMG" dlc.

After that I'll see if I can actually get the season pass. With all that I should be good to go for 100%, right?

Should be good. Be sure to grab all the free DLCs in the store as well (if its still available). There were 2 car paid DLCs that are not included in the Season Pass, but they show up in Driveclub Bikes (No Limits and Finish Line). Not needed for Driveclub 100%.

Edited by Sky_RykerXD
Forgot the delisting date
  • Like 1

I have another question guys.

I've purchased the Season Pass and it was correctly recognised by the PS Plus Edition of Driveclub unlocking all the DLCs.

Since I have purchased a physical copy of Driveclub to unlock the remaining DLCs, will the Season Pass be automatically recognised there as well? The reason why I'm asking is that I can't see the Season Pass anywhere in my Game Library. Thanks.