"Make Bow Not war" Banshiee Quest question

Blackmist_FFXI

So I've been trying to Figure out if there are any other requirements to get this quest to unlock the Leviathans Breath heavy weapon Bow 

I have the VIP Season Pass (Lv 3... lol) as im told by afew people that you need that as a pre-requisite 
but every time I talk to the NPC in question, He doesn't have the Quest available; 
Do I need progress in Shadow-keep to unlock this quest?
im not finding it anywhere - not even in my Quest log - assuming I had picked it up by mistake -

every time I check google - i just get videos On HOW to do the Quest, but not  it's unlock Requirements 

any aid would be  great 

• 1 month later...

The quest will unlock but there is currently a bug that prevents players (like me!) from doing the last strike needed to finish the questline. At least as of earlier this week, it was saying that it “requires Season 8,” even though the rest of the steps are available to complete in Season 9. Some Bungie rep said they were looking into it over on their official forums, but idk when or if it’ll ever be fixed.

Edited by JD-D2

Yup i got the quest.

Unfortunately i stoped playing again like 7 days after coming back

I've no clue whats happening in game and need to make a new toon to get the strike related trophy as in storyline one of the required characters (npcs) from what i understand. Is dead.

Trying to finnish up destiny 1 instead xD such grind