Lead Gears of War Creator: ‘Come Back, Phil’

xVolloxx

Lead Gears of War Creator: ‘Come Back, Phil’

k-bigpic.png

At least one prominent game developer doesn't want to see Fez creator Phil Fish go

RELATED

Twitter Blowup Leads to Sudden Cancellation of Fez II

Polytron, the studio behind the indie hit Fez, announced over its official Twitter that development on Fez II has been canceled. It appears to be… Read…

Today, in response to news that the embattled designer has cancelled his game and said he plans to quit the gaming industry, Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski wrote a passionate letter in Fish's defense:

The industry needs people like you to speak with their hearts before their brains because I’m tired of hearing the PR approved appropriate response. I’m tired of games that feel like they’ve been developed by focus groups or clueless executives going “Hey that Call of Duty is big, we need one of those!"

Besides, at the end of the day, that cycle of community feedback and crafting that big fireball is entirely too addictive.

Come back, Phil. We miss you already. Maybe I’ll be right behind you, returning with Adamantium skin

Is it a little ironic that the person defending Fish is someone almost like him? Someone who only cares in their own seperate mind set without regard for anyone or anything else?

I used to like Cliffy B before he tried to become the 'guardian' of game developers, but defending someone who told someone to "compare his life to his then kill himself" (quoted or not I don't know) needs help.