how is the platinum for this without any guides?

The only information you really need is for the accessories. They drop from specific enemies, and they are quite rare, so you could easily be tricked into thinking you're farming the wrong enemies. Getting each ending shouldn't be an issue, especially if you make multiple saves at the obvious points where you could diverge.

• 2 weeks later...

i just started recently.

anyone find this game kinda hard? i kept on dying to the 3rd boss last night some kind of centipede/scorpion kind of thing. bosses seem to have ridiculous amounts of HP and hit hard. unlike the fodder you come across in the general maps which some have been hitting hard like the snails and golems, but they go down easy.

i feel like i'm just before the next boss and feeling anxiety about it considering i haven't gotten any noteworthy loot, no new facets, i don't remember the first game being this punishing. not sure when legendary's will start dropping, when you start getting catalysts, and also when the difficulty options will appear.

when the difficulty option does pop up would you recommend putting it on easy? i have been thinking about playing on normal in the maps, but on the save points before bosses switch to easy. i'm actually struggling with this game and i know this is more niche than the first game but looking for some more general pointers. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just put it on easy.  You also can lower difficulty via a witch petition at the castle and since no trophy requires playing on normal and the bosses can be a pain, it makes more sense to just lower it.  But one thing that is probably a good idea for anyone, farm for some good equipment.  You want to have at least three really solid weapons, preferably legendary (I still have an epic because I'm having terrible luck at getting a legendary hammer).  One ranged magical (either a red or black staff), one blunt (preferably a hammer) and a sword.  Farm for legendary versions of them, increase level to max, and then pump them full of calalysts.  Don't forget to also do the same with your armor.  Legendary stuff should be able to pop up, but you have more of a chance of getting it from notorious monsters.  If you aren't getting legendary, then at least try and find an epic one for now and start getting its level up and you can replace it with legendary once you get it.  Ranged magical attacks are great against bosses and most of the powerful notorious monsters because then you just have to worry about dodging and then attack when you can and let your staff's attack home in on them.  I personally have a black and a red staff on hand because both have their advantages.  With a hammer, sword and staff you cover all the attack types and depending on what weakness something has you can swap their order as needed.  I have the sword in the first slot for normal enemies and then swap to a staff for bosses and notorious monsters and a hammer in second and swap that to first when dealing with notorious golems and anything else that only takes decent damage from blunt attacks.

Something that probably would help you is to get a solid piece of armor and fill it up with HP and defense catalysts.  I'm towards the end of the game, but putting a bunch of HP catalysts on my armor more than doubled max HP and made taking out all the notorious monsters for the plat much easier and my armor still has plenty of spots for catalysts.  All of my weapons have 1000+ attack.  The rank of the weapons doesn't matter, you just need a set of legendary equipment that is max level and full of catalysts.  Even if you aren't getting many catalysts yet, just increasing the level by Krafting will help.  Also don't hesitate to use healing items as needed during boss battles.  The HP healing items and status effect recovery items are easy to come by.  The only healing items to be careful about using are the ones that recover gigacalories because those are rarer drops, but you can buy them at the shop readily enough and shell is easy to obtain.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 3:00 AM, ladynadiad said:

I just put it on easy.  You also can lower difficulty via a witch petition at the castle and since no trophy requires playing on normal and the bosses can be a pain, it makes more sense to just lower it.  But one thing that is probably a good idea for anyone, farm for some good equipment.  You want to have at least three really solid weapons, preferably legendary (I still have an epic because I'm having terrible luck at getting a legendary hammer).  One ranged magical (either a red or black staff), one blunt (preferably a hammer) and a sword.  Farm for legendary versions of them, increase level to max, and then pump them full of calalysts.  Don't forget to also do the same with your armor.  Legendary stuff should be able to pop up, but you have more of a chance of getting it from notorious monsters.  If you aren't getting legendary, then at least try and find an epic one for now and start getting its level up and you can replace it with legendary once you get it.  Ranged magical attacks are great against bosses and most of the powerful notorious monsters because then you just have to worry about dodging and then attack when you can and let your staff's attack home in on them.  I personally have a black and a red staff on hand because both have their advantages.  With a hammer, sword and staff you cover all the attack types and depending on what weakness something has you can swap their order as needed.  I have the sword in the first slot for normal enemies and then swap to a staff for bosses and notorious monsters and a hammer in second and swap that to first when dealing with notorious golems and anything else that only takes decent damage from blunt attacks.

Something that probably would help you is to get a solid piece of armor and fill it up with HP and defense catalysts.  I'm towards the end of the game, but putting a bunch of HP catalysts on my armor more than doubled max HP and made taking out all the notorious monsters for the plat much easier and my armor still has plenty of spots for catalysts.  All of my weapons have 1000+ attack.  The rank of the weapons doesn't matter, you just need a set of legendary equipment that is max level and full of catalysts.  Even if you aren't getting many catalysts yet, just increasing the level by Krafting will help.  Also don't hesitate to use healing items as needed during boss battles.  The HP healing items and status effect recovery items are easy to come by.  The only healing items to be careful about using are the ones that recover gigacalories because those are rarer drops, but you can buy them at the shop readily enough and shell is easy to obtain.

yeah i just lowered the difficulty when facing bosses and notorious enemies, but in the fields i had the difficulty on normal to get better drops. had a lot of fun with this game. not too bad when you play it this way, although the beginning was really rough since you had to face bosses on the default difficulty for like the first 3 or 4.

it honestly didn't seem to matter how many defense and HP catalysts i kept pumping enemies still hit quite hard and i grinded pretty much every area i was in. i think the idea is to be a glass cannon in this one lol.

48 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

yeah i just lowered the difficulty when facing bosses and notorious enemies, but in the fields i had the difficulty on normal to get better drops. had a lot of fun with this game. not too bad when you play it this way, although the beginning was really rough since you had to face bosses on the default difficulty for like the first 3 or 4.

it honestly didn't seem to matter how many defense and HP catalysts i kept pumping enemies still hit quite hard and i grinded pretty much every area i was in. i think the idea is to be a glass cannon in this one lol.

I actually put in enough that my HP is now 900+ and on the notorious monsters that give a trophy I can survive a hit, with maybe about 20 HP left, but hey I can pop a healing item and continue at least!  My defense is at 250+ with both my protectors.

3 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I actually put in enough that my HP is now 900+ and on the notorious monsters that give a trophy I can survive a hit, with maybe about 20 HP left, but hey I can pop a healing item and continue at least!  My defense is at 250+ with both my protectors.

i don't remember how much defense or HP i had i would like to say depending on the used class at the time i would have near 2000 health, 500-600 defense maybe even higher on the defense and it made near no difference with those notorious enemies or certain other regular enemies. my slash and magic lengendary were somewhere near or over 1700 attack, and my blunt hammer was over 2500 when i faced the final bosses. the bad ending final bosses were a bit tricky due to having a lot of fast giga calorie draining attacks so definitely need to be stocked on giga calorie replenishing items beforehand. 

the trickiest notorious enemy was definitely the forest golem, i'm glad i took care of that one earlier in the game when i had the chance, don't want to know how rough it would be if i waited until later. i went for every notorious enemy as i went. on easy difficulty thankfully they don't match your level. however they still level even if they are a bit above half of your current level they still pack a punch lol. 

btw, did you like punch line? i'm thinking of grabbing it from the current sale. 

Edited by RJP_X

Yeah, the Golem is the one I'm dreading since I have yet to get a legendary blunt hammer (keep getting sharp ones).  I've been running through trying to kill them all and only have that one left.  Also been farming for unique accessories as well.

And I did like Punch Line.  It was cute and funny and once the story picked up it was actually pretty good.  It's pretty short though, like under 10 hours.