Gameplay issues?

JagKenobi

Reviews on YouTube and text websites seem to frequently mention issues with the gameplay mechanics not working so well. I see many have earned the Platinum. I'm curious to know if anyone here has experienced any of what they've been discussing. I'm interested in the game, but I wouldn't want to have to "fight the game" every step of the way.

1 hour ago, KenobiEagle said:

Reviews on YouTube and text websites seem to frequently mention issues with the gameplay mechanics not working so well. I see many have earned the Platinum. I'm curious to know if anyone here has experienced any of what they've been discussing. I'm interested in the game, but I wouldn't want to have to "fight the game" every step of the way.

I completed it few days ago using one of the available guides on YT :P - no issues at all with the game or trophies. Didn't have to fight with the mechanics (except one part where I simply forgot to pick up one item and couldn't create a bridge, lol :D).

Quick an easy platinum with the guide, quasi-"Portal 2" adventure IMHO or "Q.U.B.E" in regards to game-play IMHO.

Edit: Typos...

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

I just played it. I had an issue in two places, towards the end. Marking them as spoilers.

1)

Spoiler

In the sequence near the end with the 1, 2, 3, and A nodes, when I put the cooling blades (I think that was the name?) into node 1 and Amber asks for the code, the picture marked as delivered, but not seen. Apparently this is common, and it resolved itself after exiting to menu and going back in. The game saves fairly often so I only had to repeat a brief section.

2) 

Spoiler

In the sequence just after, the actual end, where you blow up the four fuel cells, there's a pipe thing that's supposed to take you inside the building after you blow up the third. That didn't spawn, so I spent about 10 minutes trying to build a bridge into the building, but got stuck behind some rocks and had to quit to menu anyway, and then the pipe spawned when I continued. 

There were some minor things in other places too where it was a little annoying getting things aligned, and I misunderstood a puzzle in a middle section, but other than that, it was fine. (I'm on the 1.03 patch.)

Edited by swedechick
minor edits for clarity

• 4 months later...

I had a few issues:

- send a picture to amber which didn't register. Closing the game and restarting it fixed this on each occurrence.

- Trying to print a material and discover it's on an angle instead of straight .. restarting the game again fixed this.

- after reaching the room with the mirrors I got stuck at the lower end of the ladder, I couldn't move .. Another game reboot 'fixed' this. And I got stuck again at the foot of the ladder, reboot .. *sigh*

Another issue is that the audio doesn't always play, I can read the subs so I'm not missing any 'story', but it is a shame this happens.

All in all, a few bugs, but all were "solved" by rebooting the game. Fortunately the game saves often and save corruption didn't happen. Doing 1-2 minutes over an couple of times isn't that bad.

Edited by de_digibeet