DaikichiKawachi

Can the game be completed using a Dualshock?

8 posts in this topic

If so, can you give me any tips on how to cope with faster songs? My right thumb can not move between between x and o fast enough to pass at least half of the songs on hard difficulty.

If a peripheral is needed, what is the cheapest one that works reliably?

Thanks.

I heard some songs are essentially impossible with a controller on extreme. There is the Taiko drum which may make some songs easier as that's the way the game is meant to be played.

27 minutes ago, Mayadome said:

I heard some songs are essentially impossible with a controller on extreme. There is the Taiko drum which may make some songs easier as that's the way the game is meant to be played.

Is there 45 doable songs on Extreme though to get the platinum? I'm guessing probably not. Some of those Namco and Vocaloid songs, even on Normal are very difficult.

15 hours ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Is there 45 doable songs on Extreme though to get the platinum? I'm guessing probably not. Some of those Namco and Vocaloid songs, even on Normal are very difficult.

I'm working my way through it, and I think I'm at around 35 extreme songs(Some are dlc though). I'd say its definitely possible

On 22/11/2019 at 1:39 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I gave up pretty early. This game is brutal if you haven't been hitting the Taiko drum for the past decade in the arcades. Hardest Taiko trophy list for sure. The Vita game and Idolmaster spin offs are way easier to platinum (if I remember correctly they only require 13 extreme songs cleared). I'd say it's certainly doable with the DS4 controller, but it'll take lots of practice.

Edited by Mayadome

On 11/22/2019 at 11:08 PM, Mayadome said:

I gave up pretty early. This game is brutal if you haven't been hitting the Taiko drum for the past decade in the arcades. Hardest Taiko trophy list for sure. The Vita game and Idolmaster spin offs are way easier to platinum (if I remember correctly they only require 13 extreme songs cleared). I'd say it's certainly doable with the DS4 controller, but it'll take lots of practice.

I didn't know there was a Vita game. I'm going to check that out.

1 hour ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I didn't know there was a Vita game. I'm going to check that out.

There's actually 3. The V version which is just like the PS4 version except it has an RPG-like story mode included and different songs. And there are 2 Idolmaster Taiko games. They have completely different song lists but share the same trophy list.