Trophy help

ConeWarrior

14 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

In three hours I saw every point with niaowu herbs, I found 3 herbe that I hadn't seen, none in the place with the ducks (I think it's the worst point), I miss at least one somewhere but it's very difficult. If ever a videoguide comes out I'll platinum the game, otherwise I let it go. It's not funny 1f61e.png

I'm assuming you discovered all the nooks and crannies while running around so I'll call to mind the last ten or so herbs I found after searching everywhere.

-Red Snakes Hideout. This one is only tricky because you can't access it for most of the game.

-Behind Hotel Niaowu. The actual building, not just the gated area.
-Around and between the huge businesses by the shrine maiden lady. There's also a herb in the corner of her vicinity if you didn't think to look there.

-Flower beds. If there are too many colors, the red circle will be hard to see. Use first-person mode.
-The three zones by the massive stairs leading to the temple, particularly the marshes, the first marsh especially.

My last herb was of course the Ginseng Root found on the long path by the arcade near Golden Goose.

The most maddening detail of this trophy is the 99% likelihood you ran over a herb in a place you've exhausted.

I recommend sweeping one area at a time to prevent resentment towards videogames and the futility of life in general.

If you made it through Bailu, AKA Herb County, you can make it through this!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

I'm assuming you discovered all the nooks and crannies while running around so I'll call to mind the last ten or so herbs I found after searching everywhere.

-Red Snakes Hideout. This one is only tricky because you can't access it for most of the game.

-Behind Hotel Niaowu. The actual building, not just the gated area.
-Around and between the huge businesses by the shrine maiden lady. There's also a herb in the corner of her vicinity if you didn't think to look there.

-Flower beds. If there are too many colors, the red circle will be hard to see. Use first-person mode.
-The three zones by the massive stairs leading to the temple, particularly the marshes, the first marsh especially.

My last herb was of course the Ginseng Root found on the long path by the arcade near Golden Goose.

The most maddening detail of this trophy is the 99% likelihood you ran over a herb in a place you've exhausted.

I recommend sweeping one area at a time to prevent resentment towards videogames and the futility of life in general.

If you made it through Bailu, AKA Herb County, you can make it through this!

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure I've seen it all. But even in Bailu I was sure and I had missed quite a lot xD

However, the absurd thing is the grass near shrine maiden lady ... it is not marked on herb maps. I thought I might have missed some grass in places not marked on the maps. 

I also have a doubt ... in Bailu I had sold herbs that I picked up because they came back, but in the city I never sold anything and I didn't even give the herbs in the pharmacist's mission, and if the trophy wants a whole collection + some grown back? Impossible? Are you sure you just need to take it from each collection point only once?

Edited by Siriodorione

9 hours ago, MrCiel said:

Awesome, thank you. Anybody knows how to get the yellow duck doll?

Complete the Hidden Treasure subquest to get the yellow duck doll.

3 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

I also have a doubt ... in Bailu I had sold herbs that I picked up because they came back, but in the city I never sold anything and I didn't even give the herbs in the pharmacist's mission, and if the trophy wants a whole collection + some grown back? Impossible? Are you sure you just need to take it from each collection point only once?

I don't think the game requires every last herb in your inventory to get the Expert Herbalist trophy. I actually sold a bunch of herbs before finding my last few herbs in Niaowu and exchanged several herbs back in Bailu Village and still got the trophy. What I think the trophy is checking for is if you cleaned up both maps in one playthrough. As long as you remove all of the herbs from Bailu Village and Niaowu (not counting subquest exclusive herbs) in one run, then you should definitely get the Expert Herbalist trophy.

I'm unsure if the trophy will pop if you collect all the herbs in Niaowu on NG and then all the herbs in Bailu Village in NG+ or if you collect all the herbs in Bailu Village on NG and then all the herbs in NIaowu on NG+. We will have to wait for other players to confirm.

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I don't think the game needs every last herb in your inventory to get the Expert Herbalist trophy. I actually sold a bunch of herbs before finding my last few herbs in Niaowu and exchanged several herbs back in Bailu Village and still got the trophy. What I think the trophy is checking for is if you cleaned up both maps in one playthrough. As long as you collect all of the herbs in Bailu Village and Niaowu in one run, then you should definitely get the Expert Herbalist trophy.

I'm unsure if the trophy will pop if you collect all the herbs in Niaowu on NG and then all the herbs in Bailu Village in NG+ or if you collect all the herbs in Bailu Village on NG and then all the herbs in NIaowu on NG+. We will have to wait for other players to confirm.

I unlocked the trophy on Bailu. Now I'm trying to do that on Niaowu. Unfortunately, I don't even find a missing grass :(

If there are no secret places not marked on the three maps (apart from the grass near shrine maiden lady) it seems really strange to me that I missed one. It is possible of course, but I checked again all the third time a while ago.

Maybe it's better if I give up and wait for a video guide, if there ever will be.

I just got the Angler Extraordinaire trophy, grinding it out all at once!

Here's the beat using the fastest method:

-Expect 10+ hours of tactical high-octane action.
-Netting 1,000 fish theoretically takes 10 hours even, but...
-Factor in breaks in-game and in real life.
-Each session takes 15 minutes. By session, I mean from the Fish prompt to when Ryo says "I'll pass" like the dork he is.
-You're allowed to fish twice in one day, so a day of pure fishing lasts for 30 minutes.
-The process from fish to fish takes 20 seconds on average.
-You'll get around 25 fish each session...
-Which means 50 fish each day. (You'll likely get more, but this number is for the sake of easy math.)
-Using that logic, you will LARP as a professional fisherman for 20 days.
-You have to run from and to Shenhua's house. This eats up a few minutes.
-While you're at it, tack on the time it takes to rent a rod and run to and back from the fishing spot, because...
-Nerdass Ryo needs permission to murder fish in a secret pond in a remote village of brittle geezers he can karate chop into compliance.

Let's work out alternative trophy descriptions to get your head in the game!

Catch 25 fish at once, 40 times
Impress Shenhua with fish 20 times
Watch a woman get punched in the face in Gangs of New York, which was what I was doing when the trophy unlocked
Beat Shenmue III 1,000 times, catching 1 fish each time
Punish yourself

1,000 is a real strange number they decided to go with, especially because you have to jump through hoops.
Catching 100 fish would still be a lot but manageable, even without cheese. Most games have the courtesy to let you grind without interruption.
I'd be surprised if even the most ardent Shenmue fan got this milestone naturally. At least this isn't an online trophy.
Though a stat page would have been nice...

22 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

I unlocked the trophy on Bailu. Now I'm trying to do that on Niaowu. Unfortunately, I don't even find a missing grass :(

If there are no secret places not marked on the three maps (apart from the grass near shrine maiden lady) it seems really strange to me that I missed one. It is possible of course, but I checked again all the third time a while ago.

Maybe it's better if I give up and wait for a video guide, if there ever will be.

If you have any other trophies to work towards, I'd say go for them first! I wouldn't be surprised if herb-hunting made up half of my playtime.
Then again, I didn't use the maps at all...even when I found out about them, it may have hurt more than helped at that point.
I think there are more herbs in the wild than listed, anyway. That's what I've heard others say.
Both chapters have around 190 herbs each. (This is an approximate estimate based off memory, not the exact number.)

A guide might come sooner than you think, I was actually going to stop at Bailu until a complete subquest guide for Niaowu came out.
Then I found this very thread! I had arrogantly concluded that herbs would be easier to find in the city, but nooope.
You can still run around here and there, hoping you bump into it. In Bailu, I "found" the pumpkin area by running blind like a headless chicken at night.

The Expert Herbalist trophy should apply to your save. As long as you're on New Game+, or New Game++, or New Game+++, you should be good.
I definitely got the Bailu and Niaowu trophies on subsequent playthroughs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

Thanks for the advice, I'm sure I've seen it all. But even in Bailu I was sure and I had missed quite a lot xD

However, the absurd thing is the grass near shrine maiden lady ... it is not marked on herb maps. I thought I might have missed some grass in places not marked on the maps. 

Thanks for the Bailu fast money video guide. Worked for me!

3 hours ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I don't think the game requires every last herb in your inventory to get the Expert Herbalist trophy. I actually sold a bunch of herbs before finding my last few herbs in Niaowu and exchanged several herbs back in Bailu Village and still got the trophy. What I think the trophy is checking for is if you cleaned up both maps in one playthrough. As long as you remove all of the herbs from Bailu Village and Niaowu (not counting subquest exclusive herbs) in one run, then you should definitely get the Expert Herbalist trophy.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, natsu2233 said:

I got 90 Skills book but I didn't get the trophy, looks like there are more!!

3 hours ago, Siriodorione said:

Actually you have 89. I bet you redeemed the technique of the day one edition. That doesn't count xD

You get the last one by finishing the rose garden. 

I completely forgot about the deluxe edition scroll and the extra day one content. I edited my previous "Technique Master" post to include "Burning Sandstorm" and "Blazing Kick" if the player has dlc. I also added Tiger's Fury, Maelstrom Strike, and Breaking Wave as skill books to watch out for below the list. I also gave credit to both of you in the original post for confirming some of these details.

Edited by ExistentialSolid
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExistentialSolid said:

I completely forgot about the deluxe edition scroll. I will edit my previous post to include "Burning Sandstorm" if the player has dlc. I will also add Tiger's Fury as one skill book to watch out for. 

Ok, I have 89 skill books without Blazing Kick that you get from Day 1 edition, And I think I'm messing 1, maybe the one that I'll get from doing forklift work.

23 minutes ago, natsu2233 said:

How do I get the skill book from forklift ?
I Worked 4 times already and he didn't teach me anything yet!!

You will not like this answer, but you have to start Niaowu again. I know because I did exactly what you done.

I assume you saved the forklift job for last too. Here's how to set right what once went wrong:
The first time you speak to Dejing, accept the forklift job immediately. You only have to do it once.

While I'm here, and so close to the Platinum, beware of the Niaowu fishing tournament!
If you talk to the guy after 11:30 AM, it voids the sidequest and thus the Good Karma trophy.
I had to redo 3 hours of work to build myself back up to what I rightfully earned.

Almost done...just a few hours more.

Edited by Shuriken_Shiguru

12 minutes ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

You will not like this answer, but you have to start Niaowu again. I know because I did exactly what you done.

I assume you saved the forklift job for last too. Here's how to set right what once went wrong:
The first time you speak to Dejing, accept the forklift job immediately. You only have to do it once.

While I'm here, and so close to the Platinum, beware of the Niaowu fishing tournament!
If you talk to the guy after 11:30 AM, it voids the sidequest and thus the Good Karma trophy.
I had to redo 3 hours of work to build myself back up to what I rightfully earned.

Almost done...just a few hours more.

I already have multiple saves just in case and I already got Good Karm so everything is good?
The weird thing is no one from sidequest gave me a fishing place, Is that ok?

Edited by natsu2233

1 hour ago, natsu2233 said:

I already have multiple saves just in case and I already got Good Karm so everything is good1f62c.png
The weird thing is no one from sidequest gave me a fishing place, Is that ok?

If you're just talking about Niaowu, you're good! Unlike Bailu, you don't have to choose between fishing spots and a useless trinket.

The opera kid and the music man explicitly reward you with fishing spots, so you may have just passed over their dialogue.
You have Good Karma so you definitely cleared their sidequests, which isn't always obvious in this game.

If you include Bailu, though, I'd worry about that. The Adept Angler trophy implies you must fish all spots in one playthrough.
I don't think the sidequest fishing spots carry over to New Game+ either, so you'll have to help those folk again if you want them there fishin' trophies.

But hey, once you're done, you can enjoy what will be one of the rarest Platinums out there!
For me, Shenmue III dethroned Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PlayStation Vita, and that's without the Platinum!
Even when all the guides come out, who's going to waste their short life on Earth to catch 1,000 fish?! :D

1 hour ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

If you're just talking about Niaowu, you're good! Unlike Bailu, you don't have to choose between fishing spots and a useless trinket.

The opera kid and the music man explicitly reward you with fishing spots, so you may have just passed over their dialogue.
You have Good Karma so you definitely cleared their sidequests, which isn't always obvious in this game.

If you include Bailu, though, I'd worry about that. The Adept Angler trophy implies you must fish all spots in one playthrough.
I don't think the sidequest fishing spots carry over to New Game+ either, so you'll have to help those folk again if you want them there fishin' trophies.

But hey, once you're done, you can enjoy what will be one of the rarest Platinums out there!
For me, Shenmue III dethroned Metal Gear Solid 2 on the PlayStation Vita, and that's without the Platinum!
Even when all the guides come out, who's going to waste their short life on Earth to catch 1,000 fish?! :D

I think the fishing spot carry over because I did some of them in Bailu and got the rest of them in NG+ and I got the trophy

Good luck for them with Plants trophies?

Edited by natsu2233
  • Like 1

Just got my Platinum thanks to this thread, awww yeah. B)

What an ordeal. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say I barely survived World War I of the modern age.

It feels beautiful to end on Good Karma. :platinum:

Edited by Shuriken_Shiguru
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shuriken_Shiguru said:

Just got my Platinum thanks to this thread, awww yeah. B)

What an ordeal. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say I barely survived World War I of the modern age.

According to this site, I'm Platinum #13. Cool number, slick name, I am pleased.

It feels beautiful to end on Good Karma. :platinum:

WOW. congratulations to You, You deserve it.
Looks like I'm still going to struggle with plants trophy.

Edited by natsu2233

On 11/29/2019 at 8:52 AM, ExistentialSolid said:

Niaowu Subquest Guide -- All 15 subquests available in Niaowu are detailed below. There are spoilers so beware. I have listed them in the order that they appear in Ryo's journal.

Wagon Bus - Speak to Wang Shangui at the the Funny Masks stand to begin the quest. He will request a Wagon Bus capsule toy from the Car Series. The Car Series set of capsules is located on the outside wall of the arcade close to Hotel Niaowu. Once you have the Wagon Bus toy, return to Wang Shangui to complete the quest.

A Wise Purchase - To begin the quest, go to the area in the port where you disembarked from the boat and you should see a woman in blue named Xing. She will request 4 items and ask that you collect them for as cheap a price as posssible. Below are the 4 items and a cheap place to purchase them from:
Blue fan - Traveler's Goods
Xiaolongbao - Crazy Dim Sum
Monk Fruit - The Fruit Basket
Niaowu Walker - Dusty Pages
Return with all 4 items to Xing to complete the quest.

Catch the Skipper! - Ma Jialing at the front desk of Hotel Niaowu will ask you to collect the hotel fee of a client that skipped out on the bill. You can find the client right behind the forklift warehouse. He will fight you when you encounter him. Simply defeat him and return the bill to Ma Jialing to complete the quest.

Ren to the Rescue - Ren will roam around the area near Hotel Niaowu once you first encounter him in the story. Speak to him to begin the quest. He will ask you to find an Almond Mushroom. Go to Tough Guy Herbs where you will find an Almond Mushroom on sale for 50 yuan. Purchase the mushroom and return to Ren in the area near Hotel Niaowu. He will later appear outside the Peace of Pawn shop. Speak to him again to complete the quest.

River Fishing Festival - Speak to Tang Yingqiu at the Get River Fish stall to begin the quest. Starting at noon, you will need to catch the most fish by 3 PM to win a competition. I recommend renting the most expensive equipment and going to the fishing spot to the left of the Liu Jiao shrine entrance (small and very rocky fishing area). While fishing, reel in immediately after you cast out to both lure the fish towards you and minimize the amount of line you need to reel in (this technique is fast and will also work for Angler Extraordinaire). I needed to catch 17 fish but this number might vary. Speak to Yang Yingiu again after 3 PM while carrying the most fish to complete the quest.

Vegetable Vigilance – Speak to Shi Zirou at the Villiage Vegetable stand to begin the quest. You will be asked to find a termite mushroom. One can be found to the right of the Peking Duck House. Return to Shi Zirou with the mushroom to complete the quest.

Ryo Plays Cupid – Speak to Zou Leyong from Beats of Rage to begin the quest. He will ask you to find out the interests of Hua Shengling at the Cake Shop next door. Speak to her to find out that she likes flowers. Speak to Zou Leyong again, then proceed to Nihao Flowers and speak to Fan Xiaoru to learn about the Dreaming Maiden Flower. One of the flowers is located next to the fishing spot right across from the Get River Fish shop. Return to Zou Leyong with the flower to complete the quest.

Pink Panda of Happiness – Speak to Lang Baodong at the Lion Smart Ball to begin the quest. She will ask you to find a pink panda. The pink panda can be won at the Lucky Hit stand near Hotel Niaowu. Give the pink panda to Lang Baodong to complete the quest.

Guilin Roll Creation! – Speak to Jiang Youqun from Sushi Heaven to begin the quest. They will ask you to find 3 ingredients ideas for sushi.
Ingredient 1: Speak to Zhu Qinmeng at the Peking Duck House for “Peking Duck.”
Ingredient 2: Speak to Ooyang Ming at the Fruit Basket for “monk fruit.”
Ingredient 3: Speak to Fan Xiaoru at Nihao Flowers for “sweet olives.”
You may be able to skip ingredients 1 and 2 by repeatedly speaking to Jiang Youqun for quest details until she tells you about flowers. Regardless, report to Jiang Youqun once you have “sweet olives” and make sweet olive sushi to complete the quest.

Niaowu Tour – Speak to the tour guide Wu Xiuming at the Ferry Terminal to begin the quest. He will ask you to find 6 flags.
Flag 1: Found on the pier where you disembarked from the boat.
Flag 2: Found in Vendor Avenue across from Buddha Heaven.
Flag 3: Found on the path to Hua Xiao Temple.
Flag 4: Found to the right of the Liu Jiao shrine entrance.
Flag 5: Found behind the second section of Liu Jiao shrine.
Flag 6: Found to the right of the Golden Goose.
Speak to Wu Xiuming after finding all 6 flags to complete the quest.

Hidden Treasure – Speak to Bai Zizi from the Exotic Books stand to begin the quest. She will ask that you retrieve her doll from Wei Demin. Find Demin to the left of the Blue Skies Gallery on Vendor Avenue and speak with him. Next, proceed to the empty lot near the entrance of Vendor Avenue where you will find a Yellow Panda on top of a crate. Return the panda to Bai Zizi to complete the quest.

Makeover Girl – Speak to Shi Weimin from Stonehead Haircuts to begin the quest. He will ask you to find a woman willing to model a new haircut. Speak to Myao just outside of the Golden Goose. A cutscene will play of Myao receiving a haircut and the quest will be completed.

Stolen Sutra – Speak to Lin Shiling at Liu Jiao shrine to begin the quest. Go to the Golden Goose and speak with Ren. Next, proceed to the Cash First pawn shop and speak with Peng Junjie. He will charge you 200 Yuan for the stolen goods. Pay for the stolen goods and return them to Lin Shiling to complete the quest.

Troubled Drug Store – Speak with Pan Zhiyao from the Healthy Drug pharmacy. He will request 3 herbs: huang qin root, coptis root, and da huang root stalk. The da huang root stalk is exclusive to this quest and is found in the gated area next to Hotel Niaowu behind a boulder. The huang qin root and coptis roots can be found in Duck Heaven and elsewhere throughout Niaowu if you do not already have one of each. Once you have the complete set, return to Pan Zhiyao to complete the quest.

The Greatest Fortune - Speak with Shi Jiesheng at the Lucky Number Fortunes shop. After receiving your fortune, go to the Snowman Ice Cream shop in New Paradise and you will encounter two thugs. Beat them up and return to the fortune teller to complete the quest.  

Thanks so much for this bro!

• Like 1