Help! Fast levelling/glitch, op weapons etc

Gefro-On-Defro

Hi all, not trying to offend anyone but really dislike this game. The graphics are ace. Apart from that I can’t get into it. Just not for me. I’d really like to play through it though get a few more trophies and do the dlc, since I paid for it. So, I’m level 15, and would really like to be op fast. So any advice on power levelling at this stage? What weapon should I get to help me along etc. Just fast completion with some trophies on the way please. Thank you

• Like 1

This is one of the best games i have ever played but I can under stand that you dont like it though. As far as weapons go though I can't remember what bows are the best, you might have to look up a guide on youtube for that. Ounce you finish the hunting lodge quest line though you get top tier weapons with a extra  coil slot.   Some of the other types of weapons work in different situations and play style. As far as leveling goes killing thunderjaws on easy with good weapons works real good.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2019 at 0:40 AM, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Hi all, not trying to offend anyone but really dislike this game. The graphics are ace. Apart from that I can’t get into it. Just not for me. I’d really like to play through it though get a few more trophies and do the dlc, since I paid for it. So, I’m level 15, and would really like to be op fast. So any advice on power levelling at this stage? What weapon should I get to help me along etc. Just fast completion with some trophies on the way please. Thank you

When I play open-world games, I always stick to the main missions. Nonetheless, in this game, side quests also give you some XP boost. So, you can play those side quests in between main missions. :)

I'm about to get the platinum in this tonight so the game is fresh in my mind as I'm still playing it.

Main story quests grant you a ton of XP which will help in acquiring the skills in the Brave skill set, in particular Knock Down and Critical Hit + -- you should focus on this skill set if damage is your main goal. Use the ropecaster, it's a great weapon, go find some large machines and down them, then hurl loads of hardpoint arrows at them. Large machines grant a lot of XP when killed, along with good mods and loot.

If you're not interested in progressing the story though do the Hunting Grounds trials. You get a crazy amount of XP from those and a skill point for each one you complete (Note that I'm playing the game on Hard, and I'm not sure if that affects the amount of XP you get so maybe you'll get more than I did).

Once you have levelled up a bit, travel into the Frozen Wilds since you have the DLC. After the main cutscene plays out you can accept a quest from a dude standing by the lake outside of the settlement -- after a bit of a trek and with this quest completed you can start putting upgrade modifications onto your spear which will help a lot with dealing damage. You can leave the Frozen Wilds and carry on murdering machines in the base game's world. 

Another super useful tool for you is the Machine Catalogue. Just check it out whenever you're about to start a fight with a large machine, it helps to know their weaknesses.

Lastly, fuck Rockbreakers. Stay the fuck away from them.

Edited by hrywlms
Extra clarification on leaving the Frozen Wilds
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, hrywlms said:

I'm about to get the platinum in this tonight so the game is fresh in my mind as I'm still playing it.

Main story quests grant you a ton of XP which will help in acquiring the skills in the Brave skill set, in particular Knock Down and Critical Hit + -- you should focus on this skill set if damage is your main goal. Use the ropecaster, it's a great weapon, go find some large machines and down them, then hurl loads of hardpoint arrows at them. Large machines grant a lot of XP when killed, along with good mods and loot.

If you're not interested in progressing the story though do the Hunting Grounds trials. You get a crazy amount of XP from those and a skill point for each one you complete (Note that I'm playing the game on Hard, and I'm not sure if that affects the amount of XP you get so maybe you'll get more than I did).

Once you have levelled up a bit, travel into the Frozen Wilds since you have the DLC. After the main cutscene plays out you can accept a quest from a dude standing by the lake outside of the settlement -- after a bit of a trek and with this quest completed you can start putting upgrade modifications onto your spear which will help a lot with dealing damage. You can leave the Frozen Wilds and carry on murdering machines in the base game's world. 

Another super useful tool for you is the Machine Catalogue. Just check it out whenever you're about to start a fight with a large machine, it helps to know their weaknesses.

Lastly, fuck Rockbreakers. Stay the fuck away from them.

Thanks guys! Appreciate it

• Like 1

@hrywlms already gave you some secret strats, i'll just give you some tips on weapons.

You’ll want to get yourself the Banuk versions of the Sharpshooter, Hunter, and War bows ASAP. As well as having nifty feathers sticking out from each side, they deal a ton more damage and can have one extra modification more than the Shadow variants. And if you hold down the right trigger for longer, they charge up to deal even more damage. 

Don't mind the shards, bluegleam is the real deal, go to the dlc portion of the map, uncover that region with the help of longnecks, and just go collecting them from the map, or by doing side missions, they give you access to the better weapons, and some nice looking clothes. 

The Champion Bow is hands down the best Warbow in the game, even better than the Lodge Warbow. Both the Powershot and Striker bows pack a serious wallop (but need handling mods to compensate for the overdraw delay).Take three freeze arrows, charge them to full power, launch them at a Rockbreaker. If you have decent mods - instant freeze, super-quick grinding at the spot where there's two Rockbreakers. 

I would also recomend the improve icerail, and the improve stormslinger, you just need to complete some side quests for them, both at the dlc, but it's worth, you can kill any machine with only a couple shots. 

Besides that, just have fun, try different weapons, different mods, do some crazy stuff, and enjoy the game, hopefully you will like it better after a few more hours, to me this is one of the best games this gen. 

• Like 2