Bane potions kill Merciful run? *spoilers*

DFuzed

I will be doing the main quest where you have to infiltrate the town up north on my Merciful run and now wonder something. Does using Bane Potions count as kills? Not sure if it is a indirect kill and doesn't count or if it does. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you've done that mission yet, but I attacked Pribyslavitz after dropping poison into all 4 or so cooking pots. That'll bring their health down by 50 which worked fine for me. I made some enemies attack me and just blocked everything. I've read people have used Bane on weapons and them dying to the potion with it still working for Merciful, but if you just check your kill stats and make sure they're all at 0 (animals don't count), then you're fine.

Using poison attacks of any kind is always a gamble. From what I know checking the statistics all the time is somewhat reliable, but I have read about cases where indirect kills invalidated the trophy even despite them not being shown as kills in the statistic. I would advise against using poison attacks just to be sure, you can make it through the fights anyway despite not being able to directly kill someone, hell I was dumb enough to combine the merciful run with the all negative hardcore run just to avoid a third playthrough of this game and I managed. The weapon you choose is important, you want to avoid oneshot weapons and just tenderize the enemies a bit so that your companions can do the rest, bonus points for using something that weakens enemies when they take damage, needs some practice to identify how much damage enemies already took in the melee against others, but should be rather easy on a non hardcore playthrough.

Well I hope knockouts don't count; been using stealth knockouts to take out bandits and Cumans when I can; needed the one outfit to go through the village Runt is in without raising alarm.

The reason I'm concerned is that the one of the Cumans I knocked out (not killed) had an ear I could collect for a bounty. This was a pure stealth knockout, don't carry a dagger and looted the unconscious Cuman and his ear was part of the loot.

They don't count as death, what you have to keep tracking is the combat statistics. If it says that you kill more than 1 person, you messed up the run and have to load your game. 

I can tell that there is no problem because I killed a lot of people with poison and similar items, including swords with poison effect but without doing the last hit to avoid ruining the trophy.

Edited by Carttagos