best friends glitched? (mp trophy) *fix*

melodicmizery

this should only take roughly 40 minutes, ive been trying for over 2 hours and the trophy wont pop. trying now with 4 controllers to see if that makes a difference...

ok i can confirm you must do this with 4 controllers or else they wont count. i wrote down all matches with 4 controllers and at the 10th it popped. 

*edit, must do this with 4 players. the controllers dont matter just whatever way you can make 4 players in the game

Edited by melodicmizery

12 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

this should only take roughly 40 minutes, ive been trying for over 2 hours and the trophy wont pop. trying now with 4 controllers to see if that makes a difference...

ok i can confirm you must do this with 4 controllers or else they wont count. i wrote down all matches with 4 controllers and at the 10th it popped. 

Did it with only 2 controllers  (using multiple logins on controller 2) on a 4 player game and it popped.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elzueco said:

Did it with only 2 controllers  (using multiple logins on controller 2) on a 4 player game and it popped.  

so then we narrowed it down to it must be 4 players then right? i was up pretty late and couldnt think of other ways to use 2 controllers for 4 people at that moment lol. i put a edit note above

Edited by melodicmizery

I earned the trophy with 2 controllers (2 accounts). My theory is that it has to be the first trophy earned. Played 12 games in a row with my main account (5 trophies earned) and alternate account (1 trophy earned), neither account earned the "Best friends" trophy. I then tried with my main and a guest account (0 trophies earned). Trophy popped after the 8th game on the guest account. Deleted my account, signed in on guest account and synced the trophy.

A friend of mine also did the trophy with 2 controllers. He did the multiplayer with his main (3 trophies earned) and alternate account (0 trophies earned), the trophy only popped on his alternate (which was the first trophy to unlock) after the 8th or 9th game.

20 minutes ago, FallenRyan said:

I earned the trophy with 2 controllers (2 accounts). My theory is that it has to be the first trophy earned. Played 12 games in a row with my main account (5 trophies earned) and alternate account (1 trophy earned), neither account earned the "Best friends" trophy. I then tried with my main and a guest account (0 trophies earned). Trophy popped after the 8th game on the guest account. Deleted my account, signed in on guest account and synced the trophy.

A friend of mine also did the trophy with 2 controllers. He did the multiplayer with his main (3 trophies earned) and alternate account (0 trophies earned), the trophy only popped on his alternate (which was the first trophy to unlock) after the 8th or 9th game.

thats really strange. well now we got at least a few ways for others to resolve the issue

• 2 months later...

How do you actually connect more than one controller to this game? I tried to make a MP game, synced 4 controllers to my PS4, and player one said Ready, the others said waiting, no matter what I do.

Edit: I am an idiot, I found out you have to press Options on the controller. Please ignore me xD 

Edited by BlakkVulture2K16

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/31/2019 at 0:20 AM, FallenRyan said:

I can’t figure out how to log in to my main from the guest account. I got it to pop on the guest after 9 games but it won’t let me log in. And it oddly only popped for the 1st guest and not the other 2 players.

20 hours ago, misterjakemczill said:

I can’t figure out how to log in to my main from the guest account. I got it to pop on the guest after 9 games but it won’t let me log in. And it oddly only popped for the 1st guest and not the other 2 players.

You have to delete your main (Login Settings > User Management, Delete User), without signing out of the guest account. Then while on the guest account, sign in with your main account info.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 8:50 PM, FallenRyan said:

You have to delete your main (Login Settings > User Management, Delete User), without signing out of the guest account. Then while on the guest account, sign in with your main account info.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried several different times playing with 4 people and I haven’t got it to pop again yet even on guest accounts. If I can ever get it to pop I will try your method.