best friends glitched, (mp trophy) *fix*

melodicmizery

i played 3 hours on the american version and this trophy would not pop for me. plugged in 4 controllers and kept a notepad. 10th match it popped. so it appears 2 controllers wont count towards the multiplayer trophy, use 4.

*edit, like the guy said below. whatever way you can get 4 players to login is ok. as long as its 4 players

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i played 3 hours on the american version and this trophy would not pop for me. plugged in 4 controllers and kept a notepad. 10th match it popped. so it appears 2 controllers wont count towards the multiplayer trophy, use 4.

Can confirm that 2 controllers works just fine as long as you use the multi login "trick" on controller 2 so you play a 4 player game. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 29/12/2019 at 10:05 PM, elzueco said:

Can confirm that 2 controllers works just fine as long as you use the multi login "trick" on controller 2 so you play a 4 player game. 

I'm late to the party but the trophy does unlock with just two controllers and two accounts logged in. There is no need for four players/controllers.

I did it offline as I think it helps trigger the unlock.

Start multiplayer, press start on second controller and then start on first and just idle the whole time. The only button inputs you need are just for starting the game. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

its been a long time since i played but did you try the multiple accounts trick the other guy mentioned

Each of my four controllers was assigned to a different profile account if that is what you mean.

I did play this on the PS5 so I don't know if that created any issues, although I don't know why it should since all the other trophies worked.

• 5 months later...

I took a long break from it because it had annoyed me so much, but I finally got it.

So the previous attempt I played with 4 controllers, 4 accounts, internet on, PS5 console. Played 22 times. Nada.

This time I played with 2 controllers, 4 accounts, internet off, PS4 console. Played 10 times and it popped.

It could be any one of those things that made the difference but, personally, I think the game doesn't like the PS5 console, so for any future players, I'd recommend using a ps4 if possible.

On 10/30/2022 at 8:11 PM, Vitallani said:

I took a long break from it because it had annoyed me so much, but I finally got it.

So the previous attempt I played with 4 controllers, 4 accounts, internet on, PS5 console. Played 22 times. Nada.

This time I played with 2 controllers, 4 accounts, internet off, PS4 console. Played 10 times and it popped.

It could be any one of those things that made the difference but, personally, I think the game doesn't like the PS5 console, so for any future players, I'd recommend using a ps4 if possible.

ive heard that alot about ps5 and the backwards compatability of games not working correctly. anytime possible i use my ps4s still. 

Most games that have PS5 compatibility issues have a warning message, but this one didn't, which I guess isn't surprising given the type of game it is. The game itself functions correctly, it was just this one trophy that even PS4 users were having difficulty, which is a bit weird, but whatever. I'm done with it now and never have to touch it again.

• Like 1