Becoming a developer for PSNProfiles

2 hours ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Is there a way for developers to join and contribute to PSNProfiles code base?
Would be awesome if there was a developers.psnprofiles.com or code.psnprofiles.com page to get started.

Is the code open source or closed?

Do you guys hire just a handful of people or let people from the outside work on your stuff pro bono? (of course with restrictions at first, maybe just PRs and restricted access to the code base).

Maybe use the Contact Us option at the bottom of the page with your proposal etc, that way it will be a private message and either he or the mods can pick it up ☺️

Also as an additional - I don't think hiring is involved in general as right now it's not a company or anything, it's a homegrown site that has some really decent people helping out to keep it maintained. Pretty awesome feat if you ask me.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 2

On 1/13/2020 at 0:50 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

Maybe use the Contact Us option at the bottom of the page with your proposal etc

Done, thanks for the tip.

I don't think hiring is involved in general as right now it's not a company or anything, it's a homegrown site that has some really decent people helping out to keep it maintained.

Can't see how bringing more able and willing people on board would be a bad thing..

Pretty awesome feat if you ask me.

Better than all alternatives afaik.

Would really like to know how many are working on the site and the resources involved.

My impression is a few work on it with limited time (not full time) so the features rolled out in recent time and maintenance is impressive!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 8:10 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Better than all alternatives afaik.

Would really like to know how many are working on the site and the resources involved.

My impression is a few work on it with limited time (not full time) so the features rolled out in recent time and maintenance is impressive!

Forums software is third party, Sly admins it, but BlindMango has access to do some maintenance. Mods really only enforce the rules and can hide/delete/merge threads.

The main site is all Sly, no one else.

• 1 year later...