Last Game that Really Gripped You

thefourfoldroot

For me it’s now Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2 ) although having to share the TV with the wife means I’m also playing Child of Light on VITA to pass the time in isolation.

Recommend this game to everyone. One of the greats of ps2 rpgs with good trophy challenges added. Cel Shaded graphics haven’t aged a bit either. It’s also on PS Now, which is stupidly cheap for all the hundreds of games you can download at the minute.

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Honestly, in terms of pure gameplay, Metal Gear Solid V. I played it for 2 years before I got bored with it. When I was younger I used to just play the same thing over and over again on the PS2 so it was nice to find something in my adulthood that still gave me that sense of pure fun. I plat'd it twice and still wanting to keep playing. Bought it again on PC too lol.

I'm the same way. I rarely finish a game before taking at least one break. 

Graveyard Keeper I guess was the last. I started it in November and played it every waking moment for a few days until I burned out. Came back to it last month, did the same thing for a few more days. The only one I can remember going from start to finish without stopping was Bioshock. I went straight into the second after finishing the first. Danganronpa Goodbye Despair was another.  Theresia: Dear Emile is an old DS game that I play every now and than. It's just so...Intriquing. 

• 1 month later...

Shadow of the Colossus.

I didn't play this one on PS2 or PS3, so I was completely new. It had been in my Plus library for sometime, and one day I thought "meh, why not?"

Fantastic decision! Everything from the visuals, game-play, and soundtrack is spot on. It's such a magnificent looking game with a touching story and minimalist approach. I liked how simple it was. Goes to show games don't need to be over the top and complex to leave a mark.

Roaming the desolate, yet beautiful and serene lands to slay sixteen colossi for reasons explained early on was breathtaking. That moment when you finally reach the colossi and see how colossal (lol) those things are is fantastic! Plus, it's a game that makes you think about its story a little. You're going around killing all these amazing creatures... are they really the bad guys here, or is it you? There's much more to it than meets the eye, and I'm a sucker for games full of analogies and symbolism.

If you haven't played it yet, well, what are you waiting for? -_-

Edited by Mayellie
  • Like 1