Glitched Trophies? (And Tips)

So I just finished act 3 and the intermission after and neither trophies unlocked. Is anyone else encountering this? The %s are pretty low so I assume it's happened to more than just me.

Also while I'm here I'll share any tips on how to unlocks trophies. Only miscellaneous one I know so far other than the jerky one is dying in Xanadu and paperclip one. Basically when you encounter the hole immediately choose to go in and in bureau just follow the loop on floor 2 i think, keep talking to people until trophy popsm

Edited by aZombieDictator

15 hours ago, Sumo_0333 said:

Out of curiosity; which save slot have you been using? I chose the VHS tape (slot #2) just for fun. Could speed up troubleshooting if we can repeat symptoms.

Had a similar issue with the trophy for Chapter 2 not unlocking after I did it, redid the chapter about 4 times but no luck. I don't know if the actual save slots have anything to do with it but I used the journal (Slot #1). Also emailed the devs about it, hoping it gets fixed soon though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jacqkiss said:

Had a similar issue with the trophy for Chapter 2 not unlocking after I did it, redid the chapter about 4 times but no luck. I don't know if the actual save slots have anything to do with it but I used the journal (Slot #1). Also emailed the devs about it, hoping it gets fixed soon though.

Yeah. Just one of those "what ifs". Thanks for responding.

My trophies for Act 2, Act 4, The Entertainment, and Un Pueblo De Nada didn't pop after I completed them.  Frustrating.

I'm sure I'll play through them again, but based on Jacqkiss' comment, replaying probably won't work.  Hopefully this gets patched.

I was using save slot #3 (audiotape) BTW

Edited by Chunderhead
added comment
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chunderhead said:

My trophies for Act 2, Act 4, The Entertainment, and Un Pueblo De Nada didn't pop after I completed them.  Frustrating.

I'm sure I'll play through them again, but based on Jacqkiss' comment, replaying probably won't work.  Hopefully this gets patched.

I was using save slot #3 (audiotape) BTW

Damn :(

It's such an interesting game, guess I'll wait for patches to try again. 

Wonder how other people got the trophies to unlock though. 

It looks like he could have played the 1.0 patch where trophies unlocked then maybe patch 1.01 broke them?  Update for patch 1.01 says "fixed a bug with the dates for year 2020"

It seems like an odd situation because the time stamps show he did unlock them legit. So my only guess is patch 1.0 unlocks trophies and 1.01 broke them.

Maybe someone could test it out? I have no idea how or if it's even possible to play without that patch though

14 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

It looks like he could have played the 1.0 patch where trophies unlocked then maybe patch 1.01 broke them?  Update for patch 1.01 says "fixed a bug with the dates for year 2020"

It seems like an odd situation because the time stamps show he did unlock them legit. So my only guess is patch 1.0 unlocks trophies and 1.01 broke them.

Maybe someone could test it out? I have no idea how or if it's even possible to play without that patch though

So my game bugged out on the completion of Act II and 'The Entertainment' failed to unlock.

I have managed to download v1.00 and used my end of Act II  save file and it still didn't unlock, so i though it could be that my save file is v1.01 so i tried and completed 'The Entertainment' on a fresh save file and still it didn't unlock so i have no idea. I have asked the dev to look into it over on twitter. Guess all we can do is wait.

1 hour ago, gorm2k6 said:

So my game bugged out on the completion of Act II and 'The Entertainment' failed to unlock.

I have managed to download v1.00 and used my end of Act II  save file and it still didn't unlock, so i though it could be that my save file is v1.01 so i tried and completed 'The Entertainment' on a fresh save file and still it didn't unlock so i have no idea. I have asked the dev to look into it over on twitter. Guess all we can do is wait.

That's so odd. What the heck version was the dev playing then.

1 minute ago, gorm2k6 said:

No idea but its very strange that quite a few people have bugged trophies but the trophies that are bugged and don't pop are different. as you have Act II and The Entertainment and i can't get either of those to pop.

True. It's just such an odd situation. Hopefully the developer knows what's up.

Game is completable on Xbox One, so this would appear a PS specific issue (someone has got the Platinum so it must just be highly buggy and not unobtainable). Act II and The Entertainment have roughly 1/3 of all players unlocking it on TA. Act III has 1/4 of all players unlocking it on TA. My friend writing a TA walkthrough had zero issues with achievements.

Odd that it's only happening on PS and not XB. 

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Kentucky-Route-Zero/completionists 

Edited by PhantomFear94

56 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Odd that it's only happening on PS and not XB. 

Hey, there was also an issue with the PC version of achievements both on Steam and GOG that apparently has been rectified with a patch as it's easier to just upload a fix there as the patch doesn't have to go through certification with Sony.

The weirdest thing is that it is different trophies that are affecting different people.

Apparently the devs have contacted by a guy over on Reddit:

So as the guy says that they are working on a patch. I think it's somehow caused by the choice you make cause the flag for the trophy to pop already thinks that it is already unlocked. Only thing i can think of... as i've mentioned before i have gone back to v.1.0 with a fresh install and save and still doesn't pop the second interlude. I've also experimented with changing the system date to before when the trophies were working and even going back to a 2019 date but it makes no difference.