Veteran Fisher trophy not popping

I primarily play FFXIV on PC, so I've been going back and retroactively unlocking the trophies once I meet the requirements, but I'm running into a snag with the fishing one. 

My fishing log says I've caught over 1000 fish, but I've tried fishing countless times and it won't trigger. 

Any ideas? 

Edited by x-Zeldaplayer-x

1 hour ago, Caesar Clown said:

I'm not sure, I just sat in Costa del Sol and fished until it finally popped. Also Mor Dhona and Coerthas, even though they're from ARR, don't count either. That's what gave me problems since I fished a lot in Coerthas.

Aah, damn, yeah. That'll be it. I've fished a good bit in Coerthas. My intuition says that if even Mor Dhona and Coerthas don't count, housing areas probably don't, either, and I've fished a ton in Mist/Lavender Beds.

Looks like I'll just have to keep catching fish until it pops since there's no definitive way to tell how many I've caught specifically in the Black Shroud/La Noscea/Thanalan.

• 6 months later...

There is actually a way to definitively tell how much you've caught in those areas. Look at your achievements, under Crafting & Gathering->Fishing. There are several different achievements for fishing in each of those areas. Add them all up, and that should tell you how close you are to the trophy.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 20/01/2022 at 5:27 PM, TalalHmd said:

Can I catch 1000 fish in one area? 

Yes you can

After catching a few fishes on the same spot, you will get a message telling you to move to another spot because the fish got scared away, you just need to move in the same area

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Yes you can

After catching a few fishes on the same spot, you will get a message telling you to move to another spot because the fish got scared away, you just need to move in the same area

nice, thanks. 

can you recommend a good spot that counts for the trophy?

17 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

nice, thanks. 

can you recommend a good spot that counts for the trophy?

Well any zone in ARR should do it, for exemple lominsa outside the fisher guild, you can catch fish there with almost any lure

check the guide for a fishing macro, it should make the trophy easier

• Like 1

21 hours ago, oYazmat said:

Well any zone in ARR should do it, for exemple lominsa outside the fisher guild, you can catch fish there with almost any lure

check the guide for a fishing macro, it should make the trophy easier

Thanks a lot. I was dreading this trophy but Macros are a big help

although the macro in the guide is not working for me, or any macro I found online for that matter, as everyone seems to end their macro with Cast, but I had to add 'Hook' as the last action for it to work for me. 

• 3 months later...
On 30/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, TalalHmd said:

although the macro in the guide is not working for me, or any macro I found online for that matter, as everyone seems to end their macro with Cast, but I had to add 'Hook' as the last action for it to work for me. 

The point of the macro is to make you Hook the fish when it bites and then recast automatically after a set amount of time. So you start the farm with Cast then use the macro to Hook the fish and the macro will Cast again automatically (saving you the hassle to press the Cast button once the animation is done). That's why they end with Cast.

But...the macro indeed has an error, it says it should recast after 9 seconds but there's no wait timer, the correct one would be something like:

/micon Hook

/merror off

/ac Hook <wait.9>

/ac Cast

/ac Cast

/ac Cast

9 seconds is usually enough to reel in the fish but you can adjust the timer if the specific location you're fishing at has longer timers.

• Like 1