Question about buying blackout characters from the black market

Yamis1brother

Hi all,

So I recently started playing BO4, with the intent of going for the 100%. As you know, there are trophies for unlocking different characters by doing these specific things in Blackout mode.

But since the black market update back in November, we're now allowed to buy said characters from the Black Market with reserve cases.

My question is, does buying these characters from the Black market instead of doing the unlock quests void myself from unlocking the trophies?

So basically, if I buy all the zombies characters from the Black market instead of doing those quests in a Blackout match, would I still get the trophy? Or do I have to do them anyways? And same goes for all the other characters.

I only ask because I heard that it doesn't, but I already bought Takeo from the shop so now I'm worried that I may have screwed myself over from getting the trophy.

It seems stupid to ask but I just need some clarification. Thanks in advance for any help.

No, you're fine. Those characters don't work. Neither do the IX versions of the BO4 crew either, which is a shame as i'm playing with a friend and we keep seeing the Steel Bracer for IX Scarlett but not the damned Racing Goggles!

But as far as your problem goes, no need to worry as you need to unlock the BO4 versions of the characters, not the buyable Primis forms.

• Like 4

• 2 years later...
34 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Sorry to revive a old thread, but if you do buy the regular blackout characters from the shop, those WILL count towards the trophies?

No, @Potent_Delusions answered your question here:

On 11/02/2020 at 6:47 PM, Potent_Delusions said:

No, you're fine. Those characters don't work. Neither do the IX versions of the BO4 crew either, which is a shame as i'm playing with a friend and we keep seeing the Steel Bracer for IX Scarlett but not the damned Racing Goggles!

But as far as your problem goes, no need to worry as you need to unlock the BO4 versions of the characters, not the buyable Primis forms.

Also, there's this thread:

Edited by Cruscah