Rarest Trophies sorting [bug?]

The order of the Rarest Trophies section in the profile page is... weird for me.

As you can see in my profile, I have the platinum trophy for Audica, but it doesn't appear as the most rare trophy of that game on the Rarest Trophies list (and there's no DLC). It is exactly the same rarity as the gold trophy I got a second before the platinum, but appears below it.

https://psnprofiles.com/Soraking1991

I understand the main sorting order is ascending Rarity, but there should be a second sorting order for trophy type so that the platinum of a game would sit on top of all other trophies from the same game given the same rarity.

If you want to factor in the rarity of DLC trophies for a game, since the rarity is calculated based on the number of owners of the DLC, you could do:

1st order: Rarity ASCENDING

2nd order: Number of achievers ASCENDING

3rd order: Trophy type (Platinum > Gold > Silver > Bronze)

This might allow for DLC trophies to be higher up on the list for a game than it's platinum (given same rarity) because the number of actual achievers is different.

I know there was a 2015 thread about this saying the same, but now it's closed. It is by no means a critical bug or anything, it just bothers me a bit.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

A bit off-topic here... but since you noticed this bug because of Audica, I gotta ask.. Is the game as fun as Beat Saber1f601.png Would you recommend it? 

I found it to be very fun. More complex and not quite as party-friendly as Beat Saber is, since there are more mechanics at play and it takes a bit of practice to get used to playing properly.

I love Audica, it's just not as accessible as Beat Saber. Once you get into the groove though... it's flawless.

100% recommended if you're into VR rhythm games, I say give it a go! 

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
12 hours ago, Jozxyqk_27 said:

Bumping this thread, because the bug still seems to exist (or at least it does for me). Somehow, a Gold trophy for "I Am Bread" is more rare than the Platinum.

This is actually a really interesting bug. When I look at your list of trophies sorted by rarity, I can see from my PSNP+ plugin that the Turophile Gold trophy has a lower rarity order (#5,736) than the I Am Bread Platinum trophy (#5,753).

Since I assume that the plugin just pulls data from the same Sony servers as the site in general, I tried looking through the plugin's code to figure out what data is being pulled that gives Turophile a mystery value of #5,736 but I couldn't figure that out. Whatever that data is, my guess is that it seems to be how the trophies are actually sorted - not the rarity percentage in the second-to-last column. 

GuDaHKO.png

I was curious to see if this sorting extended to the general Trophy List section of the site. As of this moment, those two I Am Bread trophies are on Page 249 when looking at all Playstation Trophies sorted by rarity. As the below screenshot shows, that section shows the platinum trophy above the gold trophy. So there seems to be something different about the code for rarity sorting on a person's Trophy Log versus the overall site Trophies listing. 

WEFCiPj.png

Hopefully this data allows someone to pinpoint what is causing the discrepancy between the sortings!

16 hours ago, pelagia14 said:

Since I assume that the plugin just pulls data from the same Sony servers as the site in general, I tried looking through the plugin's code to figure out what data is being pulled that gives Turophile a mystery value of #5,736 but I couldn't figure that out. Whatever that data is, my guess is that it seems to be how the trophies are actually sorted - not the rarity percentage in the second-to-last column. 

The number you highlighted in your screenshot is provided by PSNProfiles not PSNP+. Those were his 5736th and 5753rd trophies earned.

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

The number you highlighted in your screenshot is provided by PSNProfiles not PSNP+. Those were his 5736th and 5753rd trophies earned.

Oh! Perhaps it's a newer feature then, since I don't remember seeing it before. That, or my memory is just completely off. 😂