QUESTION about double trophy list and platinum timestamp

ddrakner

From the day i bought a second ps3, i was wondering about a particular situation but couldnt find anything about it. Let's say i play a game with 10 trophies+platinum, so 11 total. I get 9 trophies in 1 ps3, then i pass my save in another ps3 to unlock the last trophy. IF i don't sync trophies from first ps3, basically i will have a trophy list showing 0/11 on my second ps3, so when i will unlock the last trophy on my second ps3, the list will show 1/11 and will not unlock the platinum alongside with the last trophy as it should be.

What will happen then? If i sync all 10 trophies from both ps3 in a second time, i will eventually unlock the platinum BUT i assume that the platinum will have a different timestamp from the last trophy instead of some seconds delay...will this be a flaggable situation for example? Or does the system recognise that last trophy popped at a certain time and automatically gives the platinum the same timestamp as the last trophy?

58 minutes ago, PostalDudeRus said:

You can copy save files but how will you copy trophy data? On second console you will have 1/11 trophy instead of 9/11 because you gotta plat whole game again to unlock them.

If you sync trophies there's no need to unlock them again, with online feature you will display all trophies in all your systems. My question is what will happen if you dont sync  9/11 from first ps3 and unlock last trophy on second ps3 like it was the first one 

1 hour ago, ddrakner said:

If you sync trophies there's no need to unlock them again, with online feature you will display all trophies in all your systems. My question is what will happen if you dont sync  9/11 from first ps3 and unlock last trophy on second ps3 like it was the first one 

Nothing will happen, you just got another trophy.

Each PS3 save has information about that particular user (if the account is linked to a Psn user), the game you played (made-up name for example BES00768) and the trophy progression. If you start a complete edition and then you play a standard edition with a different serial number (like Batman Arkham City), with the same trophy list, saves won't cross and you have to do all again.

About the topic: most games load "checking trophy progression" before the game starts. If you have already unlocked 9/11 trophies, but you haven't unlocked the last trophy, you can earn the final trophy, but not the platinum until you synchronize again.

The only thing that can happen is mess up the order of the platinums list. There was a time I was on vacation without internet connection and I earn my final trophies while I was there. When I synchronized, they were displayed differently. The latest platinum (considered the most recent) was on July 4th and the second was August 27th... 

7 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

Nothing will happen, you just got another trophy.

Each PS3 save has information about that particular user (if the account is linked to a Psn user), the game you played (made-up name for example BES00768) and the trophy progression. If you start a complete edition and then you play a standard edition with a different serial number (like Batman Arkham City), with the same trophy list, saves won't cross and you have to do all again.

About the topic: most games load "checking trophy progression" before the game starts. If you have already unlocked 9/11 trophies, but you haven't unlocked the last trophy, you can earn the final trophy, but not the platinum until you synchronize again.

The only thing that can happen is mess up the order of the platinums list. There was a time I was on vacation without internet connection and I earn my final trophies while I was there. When I synchronized, they were displayed differently. The latest platinum (considered the most recent) was on July 4th and the second was August 27th... 

Nice to know. Having a messed up list is not a good thing so better be careful. Thanks for the clarification!

This could actually lead to some problems down the line. If you synch the 1 trophy then synch the 9 older trophies, it will show as 10 trophies on your list and the platinum will trigger but it will have a big delay, minutes or even hours. It also may create situations where the timestamps looks cheated if you can't manage to synch the older trophies after synching the 'last' trophy. And that is definitely flaggable per this site leaderboard's rule.

Best thing is, always synch your trophies at the first opportunity if you're playing between 2 consoles, that always helps prevent messed up trophy lists.

Edited by Otonio_Bruno