Five-Ace Hand Advice

Lancescape

I'm looking for any advice for getting five characters to level 50. I've been playing for awhile and it seems every time I get anywhere close to being level 50 something always messes it up. Does anyone have ideas for boosting this trophy or "safer" ways to grind it out?

Is it the AI or other hunters that kill you? Or both?

If it's other hunters, then avoid them if you can. If you're really struggling with this, just treat them like the grim reaper and head in the opposite direction if you see or hear them or if they see you. You can focus on player headshots after this is out of the way. Don't go for the boss contract until there's about 30mins or less left as most people are gone and have extracted by that time. Kill AI for exp with your melee weapon that you have equipped while you wait around. When finding clues, if they're red and not blue and make a weird aggressive sound, then another hunter is pretty close.

The only AI I'd say to be wary of are hellhounds, meatheads and immolators, but first off, only use melee on AI unless you're about to die. Other hunters who know what they're doing will hunt you down if you shoot. Shots from any weapon (obviously not suppressed or crossbow) can be heard from one corner of the map to the other. People will definitely come if you shoot enough to lead them to you.

As for AI, hellhounds are fast and jump around so they can be annoying to hit, and if you're reasonably inexperienced, a group of 2 may even kill you let alone a group of 4. It's best to completely avoid dogs at first. Immolators are annoying if you're trying to be stealthy. Use heavy melees on them and you should kill them while only losing one bar of health (not losing it semi-permanently). Hives are annoying but will only kill you if you take on too many enemies at once. Just heavy melee them as soon as you can. Best not to even think of meatheads at all either at first, don't go near them or let their leach things touch you. They'll kill you in two hits from full health.

Always have a knife or some sort of melee weapon as you're first tool so you can use :left: on the D-Pad to quickly pull it out. Also have a first aid in your tool section. Have at least 2 vitality shots (weak or not, doesn't matter) in your first consumables spot so you can use :right: to pull that out quickly in a hairy situation to restore health. If you've used all your meds, it's best just to extract at that point. You can go to a supply area to restock on a consumable, heal to full or for ammo. They're marked on your map as a small black outlined cart or carriage.

Easy way to kill a boss is with a sticky bomb (won't stick to assassin if it shifts away), bomb lance or fanning trait if you don't have the other two and use the correct pistols. Again, if you're not too experienced, bosses will easily kill you. Stand outside the 'boss lair' and it won't come for you. They can sometimes use a ranged attack so stay out of sight as well if you've left to heal or reload. Once you've picked up a contract off a dead boss, the whole lobby can see the electric spark on the map which will indicate where you are. It's best to only pick up the contract if you plan to leave straight away.

At the extraction, if it's silent, then no one is close by. If the horses are making a noise, or if the barge in the water is whistling like it's blowing steam or something, then other hunters are around and likely camping the extraction to take what you have. So just be careful of that.

I've found the best perks for me were determination, salveskin, physician, greyhound, fanning, doctor, mithridatist, bloodless and whatever trait works with the weapon I was using.

Obviously sound is a huge part of this game, so just try to make as little noise as possible as not only will other players come for you, but AI are attracted to noise as well.

I don't know specifically what you're struggling with, but hope that somewhat helped.

Edit: I forgot to mention.. the importance of keeping your stamina full is greater than some realise. Jumping and sprinting will stop it regenerating and if you run into even just a few grunts, they'll likely take health off you. Just like reloading a gun after killing something, make sure to regen stamina every time after melee'ing. 

Edited by Riszcky
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lancescape said:

I'm looking for any advice for getting five characters to level 50. I've been playing for awhile and it seems every time I get anywhere close to being level 50 something always messes it up. Does anyone have ideas for boosting this trophy or "safer" ways to grind it out?

Play in 3 Player Squads, so you have two people to revive you. 

For someone who actually has the trophy and not someone saying stuff for the sake of talking.

play 3p match you can usually play aggressive early on but sometimes the spawns suck so you will have hunters near by, it’s honestly comes down to map awareness and knowing what you can and can’t get away with.

but the boring way that is like 95% safe just play like an idiot avoid your team kill monsters silently around the edge of the map while they kill hunters and bosses you share xp with them then if they die or even get the bounty you should probably just leave without them to not risk it because some players will team kill you for not helping and then again people just team kill you at the start of the match because they are jealous of your load out or lvl I guess happened to me afew times.

btw remember that the edges of the map has no monster spawns. 

13 hours ago, Talic007 said:

For someone who actually has the trophy and not someone saying stuff for the sake of talking.

Lol I don't have the trophy, correct. But I already have 4 Hunters on 50 and I did one on each evening the last 4 days. Today I will do the fifth. 

Only because I didn't unlock the trophy, it doesn't mean the I didn't get a Hunter to 50.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/03/2020 at 10:23 PM, Sinthoras_96 said:

Lol I don't have the trophy, correct. But I already have 4 Hunters on 50 and I did one on each evening the last 4 days. Today I will do the fifth. 

Only because I didn't unlock the trophy, it doesn't mean the I didn't get a Hunter to 50.

How long or how many matches would it roughly take to get a Hunter to lvl 50?

50 minutes ago, reiner- said:

How long or how many matches would it roughly take to get a Hunter to lvl 50?

Depends. If you start with a quick match winner at rank 10 or so, it's probably 2 or 3 successful regular matches. Depending on how many bosses you kill. 

• Like 2